Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: WEEK ONE: Rams @ Lions Live Game Discussion Thread

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Re: WEEK ONE: Rams @ Lions Live Game Discussion Thread

Why is my signature for three years ago back and why cant I edit it. Makes me look like a tool.
    Holt Your Horses likes this.

LET'S GO DODGERS

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    But we had the three picks, didn't we? Or do those magically get erased from the game because the offense didn't light it up? That's like a Lions fan saying "Yea we won, but if we didn't score those TDs we wouldn't have!" ok, but they did. So, what's your point?
    2 picks were in the red zone. The Rams D wasn't stopping them. They did player better in the 3rd quarter. At the end they didn't put up any resistance. So, yes, without the turnovers the Rmas would have been blown out.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    Without the 3 picks the Rams lose big. One was worth 7 points. Same result for the offense. 1 TD and that's it. Not going to get it done.
    Do you think all interceptions are down to plain old luck. Those INT's were good plays by our defense. Alright the Rams probably didn't deserve the victory. But Im proud of our performance today. I think your putting unreal expectations on our team. Stop looking for the negative's all the time. For instance, look a bit harder for some positive's compared to last year. It was Jeff Fishers first game in charge, on the road in Detroit, against a high powered offense. The Lions were on the ropes. COME ON MAN.??
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -09-09-2012 at 04:40 PM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

2 picks were in the red zone. The Rams D wasn't stopping them. They did player better in the 3rd quarter. At the end they didn't put up any resistance. So, yes, without the turnovers the Rmas would have been blown out.
    Actually by turning the ball over with the interceptions, the Rams DID stop the Lions.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

So the Rams D didn't hold one of the most explosive offenses to 27 points, and garnered three interceptions against a QB who threw for 5,000 yards last year, including a pick 6? You are acting as if it was "luck" the Rams got those picks, and therefore it doesn't count. You make it sound like the D just accidentally got a few breaks. Sure they broke down at the end of the game, but the D DID hold the Lions to 20 points for 59 minutes, regardless of whether you want to believe it.

Do we really have this many chicken littles after losing a game in the final freakin 10 second on the road to a playoff team that can virtually score at will from anywhere on the field? Seriously?

RealRam is offline Registered User

About the Time Out just before the two minute warning...

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Didn't want to take a chance of losing yardage thus making the kick harder and/or it being blocked.
    Play clock would have run out before the two minute warning. -- Cfin
    I see. That makes more sense now. Thanks. I was just looking for something to gripe about!

sonnyjames is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Do we really have this many chicken littles after losing a game in the final freakin 10 second on the road to a playoff team that can virtually score at will from anywhere on the field? Seriously?
    Agreed - I didn't see heaps of negatives or positives. Just bits of both with the inevitable sense that I'm watching a team that will slowly improve but likely be a four/five win side, this year. If anyone expected much more or a shot at the division just yet then they need their heads tested. I'm happy enough with that scenario, for what it's worth, as long as we see progress.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Do we really have this many chicken littles after losing a game in the final freakin 10 second on the road to a playoff team that can virtually score at will from anywhere on the field? Seriously? -- Berg8309
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnyjames View Post
    Agreed - I didn't see heaps of negatives or positives. Just bits of both with the inevitable sense that I'm watching a team that will slowly improve but likely be a four/five win side, this year. If anyone expected much more or a shot at the division just yet then they need their heads tested. I'm happy enough with that scenario, for what it's worth, as long as we see progress.

Fair enough, fair enough.

Haste is offline Registered User

If our offense can let our defense rest on the field then we may have a chance this year.

citr92 is offline Registered User

not to mention the defense, after ADJUSTING, actually had forced like what...3 straight 3 and outs, or something close to that?

Just one additional thought for those who have a "Same old rams" attitude about this game still. When was the last time you were on the edge of your seat until the last 10 seconds of the game? It may be a loss, but what a game!
    ramsbruce and sonnyjames like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    Do you think all interceptions are down to plain old luck. Those INT's were good plays by our defense. COME ON MAN.??
    All 3 were horrible passes. The type of passes you get in the first game of the season. I give credit because in past years they would have been drops like Flether and Dahl later in the game. So yes our defense took advantage of 3 incredibly bad passes that won't happen as the season goes along. Although I expected a loss a loss is a loss. Hard to be positive about a game the we were leading with 2 minutes to go. However you want to spin it the defense laid down the final two drives.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

All 3 were horrible passes. The type of passes you get in the first game of the season. I give credit because in past years they would have been drops like Flether and Dahl later in the game. So yes our defense took advantage of 3 incredibly bad passes that won't happen as the season goes along. Although I expected a loss a loss is a loss. Hard to be positive about a game the we were leading with 2 minutes to go. However you want to spin it the defense laid down the final two drives.
    They were routes jumped brilliantly by the defenders, they weren't horrible throws by any means.
    ramsbruce and berg8309 like this.

Tomahawk is right, jumped routes. Stafford made a couple of mistakes, but that was because the Rams D disguised its coverage and fooled him. Not an easy thing to do.
    Rambos likes this.

You guys saw brilliance and I saw good plays on bad passes. Doesn't really change anything does it? Too bad they couldn't fool Stafford in the 4th quarter when nobody was near any of the Lions receivers. It was way too easy.