Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: This weekend

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

This weekend

I am putting my money where my mouth is. There is a guy a work that said he wanted to bet that the bears would beat the Rams this weekend. I gladly accepted that bet. Hopefully the Rams can backup my trash talk.

The fact is its been YEARS since I have had this much confidence in the team. I know we are young and will make mistakes. But sunday showed a different Rams team than in years past. In years past we would of gave up after the first fumble by Amendola.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: This weekend

What's the bet?

clarasDK is offline Registered User

If we can rattle them early and play really physical like the Packers did I think we should be able to get a W.

And without Forte they are not half the team on offence.....

Having a team where you can actually believe in a chance to win each sunday without having to setup some crazy luck related scenarios is just create. I have not been this happy as a Ram fan for MANY years....

Bing69 is offline Registered User

There is no doubt in my mind, we will beat the bears! They are stuggling at the moment.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

The bears arent a pushover. If we dont put pressure on Cutler we wont have a chance. Micheal Bush isnt exactly chopped liver. And they have a guy named Julious Peppers that can single handedly take over a game... Peppers is scarey and with our line Sam needs to roll out away from him like everyplay!!
    Rammed likes this.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

If Cutler wants to gift us 4 interceptions like he did last week it would make it a lot easier...

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

No matter that Bradford played brilliantly last week, the Bears are going to get a heavy dose of Jackson and Richardson. That, combined with pressuring Cutler, will hopefully lead us to winning this game

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Sunday will be tough. The Bears are a good football team, their performance last week vs. Green Bay notwithstanding. Asking for a win on the road is a tall order. The Rams' chances hinge on the following questions:

1) Can they build upon the positive energy garnered by a huge emotional win or will they let down on the road?
    2) Are other guys ready to bear the lion's share of the workload this week? We'd be foolish to think it's gonna' be the Danny Amendola show again this week.
    3) Is Jackson healthy enough to play a full game effectively? Is his injury truly a concern or is it a smokescreen for being lifted last week?
    4) Jay Cutler. Is he prepared to bounce back from a horrific performance? Has he damaged his standing with his teammates? Which Jay Cutler will show up?

As great as many of the Rams played this past Sunday, they will have to be BETTER as a team to pull off the road win.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

This weekend

Give me the rams +9 all day. If you be straight up I hate the bet. You should be getting at least 2 to 1 on your bet. Your losing value sir? Regardless of how much you love and have faith in our team, it's not a solid bet.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

We can get the win if Cutler wants to quarterback for the Rams that day. It can be a rough day for him. There were a couple times we could have got to RGIII but his athleticism got him to escape. Cutler won't have the same luck if we pressure him the same, especially with that Bears o-line.

Jockelite is offline Registered User

While I predict a Rams win, look out for the Bears. They have been good over the past few years coming off rough games like last week. Also don't underestimate Michael Bush. Sure he is not a Matt Forte, but he is still well above average and could start on some teams. And it does not need to be said but their pass rush versus our offensive line will be a key factor as well as our D line vs their O line.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Rams are 8 point dogs. That comeback on Redskins was no fluke. We started slow and our defense wore them down. The workhorse... Amendola was key. Bears will zero in on him we need more contribution from SJax, hopefully Fisher forgave him and we can move on. (SJax not on injury list btw) If we can start early Rams could end this early. Rams 17 Bears 13
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Judaxi is offline Registered User

I feel the exact same way. For once I am actually confident in this team. I won a bet last weekend against my friend who is a Redskins fan. She had to take a picture in my Bradford jersey holding a sign that said Robert Griffin the Turd and make it her profile picture. Best day I've had in months.

macrammer is offline Registered User

I am more cautious. The stink from all of the losing has not left me yet......I am optimistic about the makeup and moxy of our current Ram team under Fisher but we are on the road against a good team. We can win but we need to play better ball then we did last Sunday. Watch out for chippy penalities, word ids out to all teams I am sure. Could be an over compensation weekend for the much chagrined replacement refs. Play strong, tough and SMART and we could come out on top. The Bears are not a pushover.......but for first time in many years...neither are Rams.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    What's the bet?
    At first he said a whole paycheck but we settled on ten bucks lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast