majorram is offline Registered User

well I'm of to find me an D in the bye

That was just plain weird game from start to finish first

1)they came out flat!!!

2)no fire, they believed there own hupe, any given sunday Rams!!!

3)no D, I mean com on 3-28 that is just unexceptable, fedler and morris look like superstars.....

4) Special teams again, after we scored to level the game 7-7 the ST give up a huge play and let again momentum go back to the fins... the fake punt... why where they not watching for that!!!!

5) just a frustrating game throughout we stopped ourselves with silly mistakes,costly errors that holding penaty that wiped out that jackson TD, the list just goes ON!!

6) the only bright spot was Faulk who looked like his oldself!!! Holt with one catch :disappoin

steve :ramlogo:

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: well I'm of to find me an D in the bye

Not sure I agree Faulk looked his 'ol self. He had a couple nice gos, but still lacked hitting holes or the burst needed on several plays.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

I'm just as frustrated with the offensive playcalling. It looks just like Mike tore out half the playbook. The half with the deep middle stuff. We've gone to a more literal west coast style, like Oakland went to the Bowl with a few years ago. Dink & Dunk. They drag this crap out for sore-armed quarterbacks.

That, or he's saving these plays for something.........Na.

Something IS rotten in Denmark. You know, customarilly, thirty-one points by any opponent is not enough, we win.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -10-24-2004 at 05:15 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

4) Special teams again, after we scored to level the game 7-7 the ST give up a huge play and let again momentum go back to the fins... the fake punt... why where they not watching for that!!!!
    The ST looked like the same old crappy ST. But what really tans my hide is that we KNEW the fake punt was coming. That was our 1st string D on the field, but like every other play, they sat back and reacted to the play instead of creating the play. This has got to stop.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, if you go in search of a defense....you should start with trying to find some salary cap room.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Well, if you go in search of a defense....you should start with trying to find some salary cap room.
    I know somewhere I'd start right away and it has no salary cap implications. Whomever is judging and evaluating potential talent is one straw short of a bundle. They need to be replaced immediately. Drafts and FA may be a crap shoot, but not to find a couple of gems since the entire D needed revamped is inexcusable. Send someone else out to hit th bricks in search of new talent. The guys they have now haven't got it right yet.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    I know somewhere I'd start right away and it has no salary cap implications. Whomever is judging and evaluating potential talent is one straw short of a bundle. They need to be replaced immediately. Drafts and FA may be a crap shoot, but not to find a couple of gems since the entire D needed revamped is inexcusable. Send someone else out to hit th bricks in search of new talent. The guys they have now haven't got it right yet.
    A2, here's where you and I are going to agree. I don't know who is responsible for evaluating talent, but they're not very good at it. When we drafted D-Lew, Marcus Stroud and Casey Hampton were still available. When we took Pickett, Kris Jenkins and Shaun Rogers were available. When we selected Robert Thomas, Rocky Calmous, David Thornton, Andra Davis & Scott Fujita were on the table.

Now I'm not saying our guys won't play up to the level of these other guys, but so far they haven't. I know scouting can be a crap shoot, but at some point shouldn't there be some accountability.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod