eldfan is offline Registered User

Well-wishers jam Spagnuolo’s cell phone after his first win

By Bill Coats
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch

A day after scoring his first victory as an NFL head coach, the St. Louis Rams’ Steve Spagnuolo found the inbox on his cell phone overflowing with text messages from well-wishers. Among those checking in were Eagles coach Andy Reid, Spagnuolo’s boss for eight years, after the 17-10 win at Detroit.

“The text is full, whatever you call that thing. That’s kind of nice,” Spagnuolo said. “There are some good people in this league, and it was nice of them to think of sending something.”

Still, Spagnuolo is determined to keep it all in perspective.

“We’re not going to be blinded by one game: We’re 1-7″ going into the bye week, he stressed. “There are a lot of good things we’ve got to look at and get right. That’s what we’re going to try to do the better part of this week. . . .

“It’s great to win; don’t get me wrong now. I don’t take that for granted. It’s hard to win in this league. Players know that, coaches know that. So when you win, you should enjoy it. But after that enjoyment’s done, 12 hours or whatever you get, it’s back to the job.”

Notes & quotes:

*Practices are scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday, then the players will be off until Monday. The Rams’ next game is vs. high-flying New Orleans on Nov. 15 at the Edward Jones Dome.

*WR Danny Amendola and G Jacob Bell will have neurological exams this week after being knocked out of the game by blows to the head.

*X-rays of TE Randy McMichael’s ribs were negative, Spagnuolo reported.

*Spagnuolo’s emotions betrayed him a bit when he talked about receiving the game ball from the players in the locker room Sunday. “That was pretty special,” he said. After a brief pause, he added, “I hadn’t thought about what that was going to be like or what would happen after a win.”

*After rushing for 149 yards, RB Steven Jackson is tied with the Vikings’ Adrian Peterson at second in the NFL, with 784. They trail the Titans’ Chris Johnson by 40 yards.

*In yards from scrimmage (rushing and receiving), Jackson is second with 970 yards, just 3 behind Peterson.

*Also, Jackson now has 6,075 rushing yards for his six-year career and needs just 112 more to pass Lawrence McCutcheon (1972-79) for fourth place on the franchise career list. McCutcheon is the Rams’ director of player personnel.

All for now…

:ramlogo:

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Well-wishers jam Spagnuolo’s cell phone after his first win

Jackson's #1 in my eyes as far as I'm concerned. We've had more rotations in the line that those teams, especially (obviously) the Vikings. Can you imagine if he had a line like the Vikings'? He's just an amazing player and it's a shame he gets overlooked by Peterson. Not to say he isn't a special player, but Jackson is just...Wow.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Also, Jackson now has 6,075 rushing yards for his six-year career and needs just 112 more to pass Lawrence McCutcheon (1972-79) for fourth place on the franchise career list. McCutcheon is the Rams’ director of player personnel.

Yes, but how many TD passes has Jackson throw for in a Super Bowl?

Let's hope Steven gets a chance to surpass Cutch's mark!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Jockelite is offline Registered User

Also imagine Peterson running with the Rams A+ Run blocking. He sure wouldnt be as good as he is now. Steven Jackson imo is the the #1 back in the leauge.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Jackson has been spectacular. I feel bad because we have been holding him back wit touchdowns. He finally got one. Emotionally, probably the best one he's ever had.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!