Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    elAcky Guest

We're doomed... DOOMED i say

some of you need to get a grip.... its only a preseason game... it will be "all right on the night mate"

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: We're doomed... DOOMED i say

I see the tongue in cheek humor....good one elacky.....

Several of us seemed to be jumping off bridges after this past preseason game. Here's why I didn't.

1. It was the first home game since the playoff debacle for the Chiefs. They were out to prove something.

2. The Rams never take preseason very seriously. Even Bruce was joking around.

3. It was on grass, in the rain. When's the last time this team played great on grass in the rain?

Just a few thoughts. However, if the Rams play that way in the regular season then yes, I'll get fired up too. However, it was still a preseason game.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    I see the tongue in cheek humor....good one elacky.....

Several of us seemed to be jumping off bridges after this past preseason game. Here's why I didn't.

1. It was the first home game since the playoff debacle for the Chiefs. They were out to prove something.

2. The Rams never take preseason very seriously. Even Bruce was joking around.

3. It was on grass, in the rain. When's the last time this team played great on grass in the rain?

Just a few thoughts. However, if the Rams play that way in the regular season then yes, I'll get fired up too. However, it was still a preseason game.
    Tx, I agree. Some are reaching for the grape Koolaid a little to soon. It's a misnomer to call these pre-season games as if the only difference between these engagements and regular season games is the "pre" part. That's not true. In the coaches eyes, these "games" are just game situation scrimmages. A lot of coaches (and I would part MM at the top of this list) view pre-season "games" as just another chance to see who needs to be on the team and who needs a one-way trip home. I doubt they even looked at the scoreboard the whole night. Winning just isn't (nor should it be) the top priority in preseason. Coaches have to experiment in the preseason. And with any experiment, some times it goes bad. That just means when it counts, we don't redo that experiment. We go with something that works.

Now some coaches choose to not experiment, Vermeil and Fisher come to mind. They go for the proven win even in pre-season. They get comfortable with a certain menu and rarely stray from it. Martz on the other hand does not. Look I get frustrated watching experiments go awry, but in his own way this is the best way for Martz to get his ducks in a row to compete in the season.

Honestly, I would be more worried if we we're blowing people out and not making mistakes. That means we wouldn't be experimenting and when the questions arose during the season we would not have an answer.

I don't claim to understand all the mental movements of mad Mike, but if he has to go through the valleys of preseason to find the peaks of regular season, so be it. I'm not going anywhere.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Question: When was the last time the Rams played well on grass in the rain.

Answer: Last year against the Steelers.

Question: When will Bulger learn how to use Faulk as a weapon coming out of the backfield????????

Will the OL provide lanes for Faulk and protect Bulger????

The answer to these questions did not look good against KC. Hope the Rams can protect and run the ball better against the Skins......

elAcky Guest

Good things that came out of preseason:

1/ we woke up and finally acknowledged that we cannot stop the run (we were kidding ourselves last year)... i'd be surprised if this is not addressed by week 1 (drastically improved)
    2/ follow on from 1/ - Polley is a situational player and was rightly demoted.. Newsome is probably not the answer... maybe put in Chilar or move Arch.
    3/ MM is a great offensive coordinator (not a great HC).. he will make adjustments to counter our poor OL and Bulgers short comings... it will be a different unit once Pace joins.
    4/ The NFL is so close... our oponents will be analysing our tapes and developing game plans around our problems... it only takes one guy to step up and ruin someones game plans e.g. Pinkett (if ever there was a opportunity to have a breakout year)... and once a game plan is in motion it is difficult to shift.

As every year... we could finish 4-12 or 12-4.. thats the beauty of the NFL

Main things that worry me about preseason: injuries

sbramfan Guest

Injuries....

It sucks.

We really are doomed. It's tough enough to win when all your guys are healthy, but throw in a make-shift offensive line, a soft Defensive front, and a bunch of rookies at CB, and we're in trouble.

I say we go with 5 wide on most plays since the line won't hold up anyway. This way we try to get rid of the ball quick with many weapons out there. Put McDonald and Curtis in with Bruce/Holt/Looker. We've done it before, just not out of necessity. And mix that up with Faulk and/or manumaleuna instead of Curtis or McDonald every other play or so...

Then pray we score more than them.

thoey is offline Registered User

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor????

This space for rent...

DJRamFan Guest

well, the P-D said we've lost 9 of the last 10 preseason games. Yes it's preseason and shouldn't be really taken seriously, BUT at some point, the play begins to make me a little nervous. We'll see in a few weeks though.

majorram is offline Registered User

As a whole, the injuries scare me more than anything!!!! they just keep piling up... only 2 more games to goooooo :disappoin

steve :ramlogo:

DJRamFan Guest

Every year at this time there's debate as to how long the preseason should be, but every year guys get injured in practice, preseason games, etc. Injuries suck. But, like I said four months ago, I still wish the Rams would have drafted someone on the line for some insurance.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Well, I'm not jumping off any bridge, but they should be taking thier job seriously pre-season or not. I was very dissapointed in the lack of effort on Monday.

It was on grass, in the rain. When's the last time this team played great on grass in the rain?
    FYI TX, Steelers last season, remember? :mask:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

coy bacon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor????
    The Germans didn't bomb PH, the Japs did. The Japs also murdered hundreds of thousands of Chineese, Philippinos, Koreans, and others. They paralleled the Germans in barbarity. Everybody knows about the A bombs (~110,000 dead), but few know about how the Japs massacred some 250,000 to 400,000 Chineese in Nanking alone.

No, it wasn't over at PH.

But let me ask you, was it over when the bombs were A bombs were dropped?

Therefore the question is was the preseason loss an A bomb, or PH? Or allow me to suggest neither.

It was a preseason game, and we looked bad I guess. Harbinger of things to come? Perhaps. But not a certainty by any means. Let's cut the team some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    Well, I'm not jumping off any bridge, but they should be taking thier job seriously pre-season or not. I was very dissapointed in the lack of effort on Monday.

FYI TX, Steelers last season, remember? :mask:
    Let me rephrase then, when was the last time the Rams played well at Arrowhead?

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon
    The Germans didn't bomb PH, the Japs did. The Japs also murdered hundreds of thousands of Chineese, Philippinos, Koreans, and others. They paralleled the Germans in barbarity. Everybody knows about the A bombs (~110,000 dead), but few know about how the Japs massacred some 250,000 to 400,000 Chineese in Nanking alone.

No, it wasn't over at PH.

But let me ask you, was it over when the bombs were A bombs were dropped?

Therefore the question is was the preseason loss an A bomb, or PH? Or allow me to suggest neither.

It was a preseason game, and we looked bad I guess. Harbinger of things to come? Perhaps. But not a certainty by any means. Let's cut the team some slack.
    Coy, rent Animal House again. Sounds like you need a good laugh.

thoey is offline Registered User

Glad someone got the joke... Should have know it would be TX...
    This space for rent...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast