Thread: what?

live4ramin is offline Registered User

what?

Davis' fourteen point swing fumble was a game turner, but there was another possible turn in the RAMS fortunes that day. Late in the third or maybe early fourth in the red zone Curtis made a leaping catch to come down fumbling the ball. Linehan challenged the call that is was a catch. The FOX announcers heehawed the challenge in that if it were ruled a fumble Linehan put the RAMS at risk of losing the ball altogether.

I was screaming at the tv that it was a completion. It was a well timed tackle on Curtis, but he had control all the way to the ground. THE GROUND CANNOT CAUSE A FUMBLE. The refs seemed dazed or unwilling to change possession. They got that part right and still missed the call. So, incomplete; Rams fans hold your ankles.

Curtis could have tried to sell this a little harder.

"The horror"

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Re: Wtf?

Actually, we dodged a bullet. He was never touched by a defender, so it WOULD have been a fumble.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

We certainly had the potential to pull the upset, but I think it was a mixture of questionable coaching by Linehan (including that way too earlie onside kick) and the air coming out on that fumble. The reason we lost is because the Chargers are that good and it was a lot of hard work to get into position to make that one a game. So with the fumble, blown call as you mentioned and bad coaching it was difficult to recover in that possible comeback. The Chargers were not on their heals and certainly weren't out of breath and still there was a possibility of a comeback. I still feel that the week off hurt more than helped because that is where we lost Pisa. This was about as a perfect game that a team could play the way the Chargers played. So give credit to the Rams who despite the circumstances demonstrated that with a few tweaks this team is again up and coming. Look at a big win next wek vs the Chiefs.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Actually, we dodged a bullet. He was never touched by a defender, so it WOULD have been a fumble.

Agreed, Vegas.

I also thought that it should have been ruled a completion but, as I told the Bolts fan sitting next to me I was glad it wasn't as although the ground cannot cause a fumble Curtis would have had to first been caused to hit the ground by a defender.:x

The momentum turned decidedly to the Bolts with the fumble return for the TD. :\

RnD

GO RAMS!!:l

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

We scored a TD on that drive to Curtis anyway.

Rambos is offline Registered User

[QUOTE][We scored a TD on that drive to Curtis anyway./QUOTE]

Cost us time.