Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: What 5 things would YOU add to get the crowd going at the Ed?

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    **and for the record. STL is not known as a "Rap" city. Nelly and the St. Lunatics came out of here 5-6 yrs ago. if anything, it is known for its Jazz and Blues. Hence the hockey team, St. Louis Blues.

I thought St. Louis was known for Head East and REO Speedwagon, as well as for the 'Rags'.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

#1: A winning football team.
    #2: A Georgia Frontandreary dunk tank
    #3: A new outdoor stadium in LA
    #4: Cheerleaders in thongs.
    #5: A Georgia dunk tank

....are you kidding me? The fans need a band and seats that are blue instead of red to get fired up for a game? Now I've heard everything. I thought fans went to the game to watch football. If I wanted a carnival act, I'd go to the carnival, not an NFL football game. :imho:
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

One thing I would do is put up a huge decibel meter with lots of lights that would give the fans some feedback as to how loud, or quiet they are. I'd also have sounds associated with it that designate levels of intensity like traffic, power tools, jackhammer, jet engine, etc. The jumbotron could then challenge fans to reach higher levels at key times. An announcer screaming "make some noise" wouldn't hurt either.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

1) Get a real male sheep on the sidelines and name him Johnny Ram!

2) Dress up a dummy in the opposing teams uniform and entice Johnny to butt the dummy during commercial breaks, it wouldn't take much to train him.

3) When the Rams score touchdowns play Chuck Berry's "Johnny Be Good" at very high volume and turn Johnny Ram loose on the dummy.

4) ( I think I better limit myself to 4) Last but not least: 50 cent shots of Patron Gold tequila available at halftime.

5) ...

RealRam is offline Registered User

4. Add a "Beat the Zebra" show, having a fan or mascot beating the crap out of a stuffed Zebra whenever there is a really lousy penalty call. -- RFSAM
    That would be a good incentive! Seriously. Make it a pony size zebra.

I also like, very much, the idea of having a REAL RAM (not because of my name here, mind you) as mentioned in page 1 by Bruce=GOAT and RF16. It would be grand to have a big, BIG, Bighorn ram on our sideline, the kind you see in the Alaska, Colorado, or Wyoming mountains.

Full grown. Regal, magestic, big.

One thing that would be very cool is to have an actual Ram on the sideline and have it run out with the players at the start of every game. That would be a very cool touch... -- Bruce=GOAT
    1. Get a real Big Horn Sheep. Have him lead the players when they come out of the tunnel. -- RF16
    Excellent thread but too demanding for my busy brain to come up with 5 ideas. I've seen some good ones already. And practical!
    Last edited by RealRam; -01-09-2007 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Added two more quotes

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    4) ( I think I better limit myself to 4) Last but not least: 50 cent shots of Patron Gold tequila available at halftime.
    Best idea so far.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Best idea so far.
    Uh .. limiting myself to four or halftime tequila..??

live4ramin is offline Registered User

How bout a big horn sheep that drinks tequila and marches in the band; and head buts images of Georgia Freightrainaughty?
    I'm the guy that walks up after the argument's started.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    One thing I would do is put up a huge decibel meter with lots of lights that would give the fans some feedback as to how loud, or quiet they are. I'd also have sounds associated with it that designate levels of intensity like traffic, power tools, jackhammer, jet engine, etc. The jumbotron could then challenge fans to reach higher levels at key times. An announcer screaming "make some noise" wouldn't hurt either.
    The real Ram and the decibel meter are great ideas.

Also need a new p a system....I have a hard time understanding what the heck the guy is saying.

RealRam is offline Registered User

One thing I would do is put up a huge decibel meter with lots of lights that would give the fans some feedback as to how loud, or quiet they are. -- R8rh8rmike
    Quote Originally Posted by LARAM0 View Post
    The real Ram and the decibel meter are great ideas.

Also need a new P. A. system... I have a hard time understanding what the heck the guy is saying.

A decibels meter "with lots of lights" would be great! Absolutely. Never been to the Ed Dome but it's embarrasing to learn it has a poor quality P. A. system.

Dez, I hope you can submit some of these top ideas. Please tell the Rams FO these suggestions come from some of the BEST, DIEHARD FANS, i.e., FROM THE CLAN!

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I like a few of the already listed ideas and here is my take:

1. Fight songs are good, but usually too long and people put too much into them. I like the Packers chant, "GO PACK, GO" and we can easily steal it with "GO RAMS, GO" in fact I started yelling that when the Broncos fans were yelling "Broncos" at the opener. It is up to the fans at the game to start doing this, all it takes is a few...

2. A team to cheer for. and I think we are close, just complete the defense and for God's sake Santa bring a good special teams!

3. Retribution themes for each game...Cowboys are in town, t-shirts that say "How about we beat them Cowboys", Colts "Playoffs, were not letting you go to the playoffs!" Niners "Not in our house, not now, not ever!"..friendly stuff like that.

4. Start each warm up session for the players with clips of Rams "Jacking" other players up. Just good old fashion smacks, with loud rock n roll bands like AC/DC, Zep, Motley Crue, etc. in the background. And Start from the past , including The Deacon, Jack Youngblood and Kevin Greene. Make it tradition, make them remember forever, the day the played the RAMS.

5. I like the Ram mascot idea, a live one maybe, but I wouldn't mind a charactor one all ripped up with a butt whipping type smile on his face, that would be cool.

Joe

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

1. Burn down the Edward Jones Dome and put up a stadium.
    2. Don't sell all the damn PSLs to large corperations.
    3. Get rid of those ugly ass seats.
    4. Mascot
    5. Bring back the player introductions in the beginning of the game with the laser and light show

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    1.Change those ugly red seats.
    2.Go back to the rams royal blue and gold everynow and then, like an alternative jersey that other teams have.
    3.I agree, we need a fight song, and yes I do think the eagles song is kind of cool.Soccer fans have something similar and it's actually very impressive,when you get 70000 people to sing a song.
    4.A ferocious Defense.
    5.An owner who wants to win.
    The spirit behind the Eagles fight song is good, but the words are stupid. Why would a bird fly down a road? I have asked this on the Eagles message board. (hey, I'm an icon there!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12