Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Re: What am I missing about Richie Incognito?

Fantastic post, Nick. Thanks.

I'm convinced. Kick the Cog out of the Ram machine.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    But let's be honest
    Yes, let's do. This is all moot. He's not coming back.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

moloch41 is offline Registered User

I have been saying for a long time that besides for the stupid penalites which continually hurt the team, that he just wasn't a very good lineman. All the Richies supporters broke out the "He's one of the best at blocking at the second level" silliness. I'm not really sure where they got that from, but the numbers aside, I watch the guy play and I see him holding DT's who are pushing past him, missing blocks, failing to pick up blitzes, getting no push in the run game, and generally laying on the ground while the play is still going on. I was watching a game where the announcer was a former lineman and he was saying that as long as you stay on your feet, you are in the play, but as soon as you hit the ground, there's nothing you can do. All this guy has showed me is he's undisciplined and knows how to cheap shot opposing players- some people mistake that as passion- I see it as complete stupidiity.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

I'm guessing a snickers, and a "In and Out" burger.
    Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    Love the candybar thing. I wonder what kind it was. A Goo Goo perhaps? What about the soft drink? Diet Pepsi? Manoman, my hero.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

Quote Originally Posted by moloch
    All the Richies supporters broke out the "He's one of the best at blocking at the second level" silliness. I'm not really sure where they got that from
    Quite simple formula really.....

1. I watch the games.
    2. I know what I see.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

The more I look at this issue, the more convinced I am that the best move is to try to sign him to a 1 year tender that would result in either (1) his return to the Rams without a long-term commitment, or (2) an extra draft choice if another team signs him to a deal the Rams don't want to match.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    I'm guessing a snickers, and a "In and Out" burger.
    I've been engaged in some deep thought on this issue and I have managed to come up with several possibilities to the profound question of what kind of candy bar the Cog was eating.

1.) Mars Bar. This is probably Richie's first choice since I am becoming more and more convinced that he spends a lot of time there.

2.) Moon Pie. See above explanation.

WHAT SAY YE?

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

I do believe your guess is much more accurate. I do however think there may be a guy that may have inside info on this serious matter. Anyone know the trash man in that locker room?
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    I've been engaged in some deep thought on this issue and I have managed to come up with several possibilities to the profound question of what kind of candy bar the Cog was eating.

1.) Mars Bar. This is probably Richie's first choice since I am becoming more and more convinced that he spends a lot of time there.

2.) Moon Pie. See above explanation.

WHAT SAY YE?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

tonyray05 is offline Registered User

I don't see the love of football from Cogs, his attitude has been awful since he arrived. Invite him to camp, 1st blowup cut him immediately and set the example for rebuilding this team.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Quite simple formula really.....

1. I watch the games.
    2. I know what I see.

1.) I watch the games too
    2.) The stats back up what I was seeing

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    1.) I watch the games too
    2.) The stats back up what I was seeing
    And that's fine. As I've said, he has played his last game for the Rams, so it doesn't matter.

And maybe I isolated on him on good downs for him. I did not get to see 3 games this year, and maybe he was awful in those games. Either way, I know what I saw, and that won't be discounted just because some guy at STATS inc. says he gave up 6.5 sacks.

Bottomline, what I saw was a guard that got outside and downfield better than most, and better than any on this roster, as well as better than average straight line run blocking; and pass protection that was adequate.

Maybe he sucked when I wasn't looking, I don't know. But it's all moot.........he's not coming back.

And that's fine. As I've said, he has played his last game for the Rams, so it doesn't matter.

And maybe I isolated on him on good downs for him. I did not get to see 3 games this year, and maybe he was awful in those games. Either way, I know what I saw, and that won't be discounted just because some guy at STATS inc. says he gave up 6.5 sacks.

Bottomline, what I saw was a guard that got outside and downfield better than most, and better than any on this roster, as well as better than average straight line run blocking; and pass protection that was adequate.

Maybe he sucked when I wasn't looking, I don't know. But it's all moot.........he's not coming back.
    I think that's going to depend on the coach that takes over, no? What makes you think he won't be back? IMO, I think the play that I saw of him wasn't nearly good enough to overcome the numerous crippling penalites that he accumulated. I think the personal foul he got at the end of the Redskins game was a microchasm of his entire career.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Well it's obvious to me Hub that you need to pay more attention to our games. Do your refrigerator or mens room run during commercials only, please!

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    I think that's going to depend on the coach that takes over, no? What makes you think he won't be back?
    He's a RFA. It would be extremely easy to cut ties if they are so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Well it's obvious to me Hub that you need to pay more attention to our games. Do your refrigerator or mens room run during commercials only, please!
    Ahh, the beauty of the DVR.......nothing missed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast