laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

What better time for Haslett to put up or shut up?

Our next 3 games are against our NFC West foes.

I'm thinking this is do or die time for Haslett?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: What better time for Haslett to put up or shut up?

Agreed.

At this point though, like one thread pointed out, is it even worth winning any more games? Don't get me wrong, I DO NOT condone losing and as much as it kills me to see the Rams lose, I think in the long run we'd probably be better off if we lose. I'd love to have a great spot in the draft and finish off the last 4 games we have but it doesn't work like that. I root for our Rams every week no matter what, because that's the killer instinct any fan has: compassion for victory; a craving for it.

But once my reckless ambitions dwindle down and my mind is at ease, I can think to myself we'll be winners in the offseason and hopefully the future. If we do win the next four, are we hurting the long term organization? I am not so sure if we really want Haslett back. If we lose these 4 games, perhaps it'll (not that our past games weren't indictators enough...) really get Chip moving and hire the right people for the job...

I really want to see some major changes for the better and I am nervous about them not happening if this team steps up and wins the next four games...

But regardless, I'll still be rooting for them for the next four weeks

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

d4nnystl539 is offline Registered User

Definitely. I hope we win, but, I also think Haslett should go. Three wins here will show how bad our division really is, but it will also give us a huge boost of confidence going into next year, IF, Haslett stays (Which I hope not). If not, then I guess it will show we ain't as bad as we look and we have no where to go but up. Look at it this way, the Cards are looking to clinch the NFC West title with this upcoming game. What better way to end their week by making them have to wait another one. The following game we can show, by beating the Seapeople, that we ain't the worst team in the division. Following that, maybe the ***** inch closer to tieing for the division lead while the Cards continue to lose, then we can beat the ***** and wipe away their dreams of the playoffs. It would mean the Cards advance, but, what the heck. I see this as a dream scenario I could only wish for.
    Last edited by d4nnystl539; -12-03-2008 at 05:41 PM.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

I have to agree with all of you. Hasslet can't handle this, and we need someone who can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

stlramman is offline Registered User

I allways want my Rams to win. However it has been said that if Haslett wins two more games he may be retained, and i am not sold on that being in the best interest of this franchise, dont get me wrong i kinda like Jim but just think a total housecleaning may be best. Now how much would it suck if we beat a horrible shehawk squad and a horrible ****'s squad to get him 2 more wins and then we dont get the changes that this team so badly needs?

makersncoke is offline Registered User

I too would love to see the Rams win the rest of their games and have something positive to build on for next year but I agree I don't think Haslett is the man for this job. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a fine man and a good coach who deserves a chance to coach again in this league but just not here, as Cali said this is too big of a job for him, it may be too big for anyone. Let's face it, this team has quit on 2 coaches this year, that tells me that the problem is more player than coach and whoever comes in to take this bunch of misfits over is going to have to make some unpopular decisions with the fans in regards to letting some players sit who don't buy into his system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mooselini is offline Registered User

If we lose against the Hawks and Niners, he's gotta go.