View Poll Results: What was the biggest factor in your becoming a Rams fan?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Geography (from L.A., Aneheim or St. Louis)

21 33.33%
  • Family member or friend's influence

7 11.11%
  • Particular player you liked

10 15.87%
  • Particular event (i.e. Super Bowl Rams played in)

5 7.94%
  • The uniform

11 17.46%
  • Other (describe below)

9 14.29%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Re: What was the biggest factor in your becoming a Rams fan?

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    What connections did you have?
    For Christ sake shredder it's called a metaphor. I meant I liked the players that that they had on the team at the time. I didn't know anybody personally.

TekeRam is online now Registered User

Location. Born in LA, and despite how much I've moved around on the east coast, I've held my LA teams at the top.

That said, I hold a bit of a spot for the Skins, if only to love the "we're the best this year!" every single July and then laugh as they crumble every single year.

These last five years at college up in AFC East country's been rough though. At least it's Bills country and they hate the Pats as much as I do!

Now I'm moving to Lexington and at least have a shot at getting to a Rams game. I was pissed the last few years where the Skins kept going to St Louis!

RAMINITRAY is offline Registered User

"THEE FEARSOME FOURSOME" When I first started watching football as a little kid in Montana, the first game I watch was between the Cowboys and some other team and the cowboys won so I decided that they were going to be my favorite team. The next game I watched was between the Cowboys and the L.A. Rams and Deacon and the Boys tore them up. I've been a Rams fan ever since that day!!!!!

itsguud is offline Registered User

I'm newer but definitly Faulk brought me to the Rams and Football in general!

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

I'd say other, I live in an area that if you're not an Eagles/Steelers fan, you don't exist. That being said I've been a Rams fan as far back as I can remember, my dad made me pick a team when I was really young, I said "the one that's beating yours". At the time it was the Rams against the Eagles. Fast foward to 01, the Rams beat the Eagles in the championship game and the Steelers lose to the Pats. It sure shut everyone else up.

Country is offline Registered User

I am 22 years old so my experience with the Rans is limited. I became a Rams fan when they selected Steven Jackson in the 1st round of the 2004 draft.

I love watching Steven Jackson run the ball it is like violent poetry.

bigredman is offline Registered User

I grew up in a very small town called Sutter Creek of 2,500 residents in the Sierra Nevada mountains in Northern California. My Uncle raised sheep, which I took care of as a way of making money. I would love to watch the males (Rams) stake out their females through ferocious battles, slamming their horns together when the ewes were in heat. I was five when I saw my first Los Angeles Rams game on TV. I loved the horns on the helmet, but I don't consider myself a fan at that time. It was in the fall of 1963 when I went to my first professional football game. My father drove me down to LA on October 13, 1963 at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum to to see the Rams play the Chicago Bears (he was a big Bears fan, and loved TE Mike Ditka). I fell in love with the game and the Rams. My father was amused at first that I would pick the Rams over his Bears, and enjoyed ribbing me and vis versa as the teams would get over on the other. However, I believe he was disappointed in some way that I didn't adopt his Bears fandom. Nevertheless, my beloved father took me to another Rams game that year. We were visiting his sister in Bakersfield, CA. for Thanksgiving. He again took me to L.A. for the Rams against the Baltimore Colts November 24, 1963. I damned near became a Colts fan, because I have to admit I was starry-eyes over seeing Johnny Unitas. The Rams went 5-9 that year, but I have remained true to them ever since. I've been through a lot of ups and down in my 44 years as a Rams Fan, however, nothing will replace actually suiting up and being a Ram player in the preseason of 1979. Even though I didn't make the regular season roster (they went on to play in the Super Bowl against Pittsburgh that year), I still have my helmet. My jerseys, and practice gear fell apart years ago, and I didn't get pictures and autographs while I was in camp (Something I regret now, but that was frowned upon. You were there as a player, not a fan). I was so sad when they left Los Angeles. It was sooooo cheap to fly down and see the Rams for me. I was a season ticket holder, and saw the glory Eric Dickerson days. I was there when he broke the single season rushing record against the Houston Oilers. I got a signed ball by all the linemen who helped make that record possible that day. I could go on forever. Life is short my friends. It goes by in a blink, so live it to the fullest. The ClanRam is the best thing that has happened in me as a Rams Fan!

Attachment 907Attachment 906
    Here are the covers of the original programs from the first Rams games I attended. (Click on them to see a larger image)
    Last edited by bigredman; -11-10-2007 at 03:36 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

aff15loader is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    My vote was for other, just like big-blue. I was actually born in whiteman air force base in Missouri. Didn't become a fan until they moved to St.Louis, But the thing that kept me a fan was that I really had a connection to the players. So Mine is just partially location, but primarily the players themselves.

I hear you on that one, I went to school out there at cmsu and had to listen to the crap spilling out of those KC fans mouths. I am tired of that area but glad because I am back in STL. I say that mostly because whiteman/warrensburg is small but also they tend not to air rams games. It is a kick in the mouth though to learn within the past year that I will be going back to that area because my base is being re-aligned out there to work on the B2, need to get on getting that commission faster so I do not have to return!

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Mine was when they wont the Super Bowl in 1999.

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by aff15loader View Post
    I hear you on that one, I went to school out there at cmsu and had to listen to the crap spilling out of those KC fans mouths. I am tired of that area but glad because I am back in STL. I say that mostly because whiteman/warrensburg is small but also they tend not to air rams games. It is a kick in the mouth though to learn within the past year that I will be going back to that area because my base is being re-aligned out there to work on the B2, need to get on getting that commission faster so I do not have to return!
    Those B2 flyovers look relly neat flying over the dome!!!

Rams need to get a new, outside arena. You aren't supposed to play football indoors.

aff15loader is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    Those B2 flyovers look relly neat flying over the dome!!!

Rams need to get a new, outside arena. You aren't supposed to play football indoors.
    It would be pretty cool to see the F-15s, here in Saint Louis do, a fly over compared to a lumbering B2. Full afterburner at night or anytime beats out that goofy looking flying bat mobile. You can see the 15s at baseball cards games though.

UltimateOreo is offline Registered User

Mostly location, other than the fact that they kick ass!

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

It was the 2001 playoffs, i was in the seventh grade. When it finally got to the superbowl, i watched it with all my friends. The only full game of football i watched that season. Anyways, i live on the east coast of Canada, which is pretty much Patriot territory, because of location. All my friends were rooting for the pats, so i just had to go against the grain. Been a fan ever since and have witness this downward spiral and stayed loyal.

On another note, its interesting to see who peoples teams are when theres no real geographical association. For example, i have friends who are fans of:
    pats
    jets
    giants
    eagles
    ravens
    steelers
    bears
    lions
    packers
    colts
    titans
    falcons
    panthers
    saints
    broncos
    chiefs
    raiders
    chargers

The funny thing is i don't know anyone else who is a fan of any of the 3 other NFC west teams.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

When the NFL finally came back to St.L after an 8 year hiatus.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Very simple really, i went to the USA when i was 8 and bought a st louis cap, just because i liked it. Three years later i see some american football on, it happens to be st louis, i thought why not support them. Probably helped that it was the 1999 season

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast