LA Rammer is offline Registered User

What can make up for this game?

What can the Rams do to make up for this game?

I say take the week off and come back strong and whipp Seattle at home convincingly like the first half.

LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

supachump is offline Registered User

Re: What can make up for this game?

I'm real concerned about our defense. Although there are some real nice things happening, there are just too many holes in the passing game.

To make up for this game, they need to show me that they can defend the pass.

On the bright side, I'm no longer concerned about the offense.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I am concerned about he offensive line though. Getting pressure with a three man rush? What is happening to the o-line?
    Semper Fi!

RealRam is offline Registered User

A long, hot shower, rest, and study film. And I mean STUDY!

We need to improve our defense, especially the coverage by the secondary. Granted that Seattle has excellent WR's but we need to do a better job there! Pressure on Hasslebeck was good (C+) but our D against the run (D) was full of wholes and soft.

Our offense missed too many opportunities in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Glad Jackson recognizes he needs to improve his head-on bull rush (this would reduce the tippy-toe lateral movements). Still, he is producing well.

Our OL had its worse game thus far. Seattle hit them too hard and too often in the trenches, nearly humilliated them. Must give the Hawks D much credit: DE Fisher, LB Peterson, great game.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    I am concerned about he offensive line though. Getting pressure with a three man rush? What is happening to the o-line?
    Agreed 100%. There is no excuse for five men not being able to adequately defend against three men, especially when one of the five is an All Pro tackle. Maybe Pace is still suffering some effects of that concussoin? I dunno. Alex Barron didn't have a strong game at all, either.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

We lost.

To put it into perspective, let me explain it like this:

A team who went 6-10 last season almost won against one of the teams who went to last year's SB. A team who was declared the best in the NFC.

And a team who went 6-10 was within 4 seconds of beating them.

Don't give up. Don't be ashamed.

It's not over. Ten more games will determine whether we win or lose the West.

My math may be wrong, but right now we are 4-2. If the trend continues, we will finish either 10-6 or 11-5.

Not too darn bad for a team that is rebuilding. I believe we did make a statement today. We ARE for real.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

We lost.

A team who went 6-10 last season almost won against one of the teams who went to last year's SB. A team who was declared the best in the NFC.

Almost won.... I don't see a category for almost...:x

See above:\

Never give up, never give up, never say die! :bash:

We still control our destiny

My math may be wrong, but right now we are 4-2. If the trend continues, we will finish either 10-6 or 11-5.

Extrapolation rules!

Not too darn bad for a team that is rebuilding. I believe we did make a statement today. We ARE for real.

A good team getting better every game as we learn the new system...

RnD

GO RAMS!!:l

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    We lost.

Great post. Even with the loss, how many of us realistically thought we'd be 4-2 going into the bye? I know I didn't. We still have a much better record than a lot of other teams, and were in it until the end against the defending NFC champs. For as poorly as we played at times in the second half, there was a lot in the first half to be optimistic about, and now we have a week off to examine our problems and try to fix them.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    We lost.

It's great to think that way, but coming off a big loss like this worries me that the D will carry over that losing mentality over to a I believe a better team...the Chargers. I mean I honestly think we would all be singing a different tune if KC didn't fumble. The whole point of getting that ball was to take time off, and obviously it didn't happen, because we gave them even more points. Uhhh, I'm just really worried about the defense.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    What can make up for this game?
    Unless a team of super model nymphomaniacs come to my house to give me briefcases containing millions of dollars and inform me that they are here to do my bidding, nothing. It was a heartbreaking loss.

They can prepare like they have never prepped before during the bye week and kick the crap out of Chargers in San Diego. It can be done...Bress was scary good this week and LT and Turner will dominate as usual, but Jackson, Bulger, Holt and Bruce can dominate as well. If we put it all together and treat this game like it's the Superbowl we could win.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

We lost because we didn't adjust. We shut down the Seahawks in the first half of this game. Mike Holmgren made some adjustments and decided to stick to the running game at half time. Well it paid off. What adjustments did we make ? :x

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I say take the week off and come back strong and whipp Seattle at home convincingly like the first half.
    How about taking care of San Diego first. Never look ahead, look at what is in front of you. It will be a huge task, but if they can pull out an upset on the road against a good team like the Chargers it will go a long way toward building confidence for this team.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey