Thread: What to do...?

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

What to do...?

Ok the Rams have #2 in the draft and it looks like a lot of hot talent coming out of college ranks. So, what to do now? Pick up a superstar, or perhaps trade down for multiple good picks?

A two edge sword I see here. Getting the superstar might take 1 or 2 seasons before he develops into NFL caliber player (or not at all). Yes getting another T. holt would be a win-win situation but considering Bulger doesn't throw too well laying on his back, that perhaps it might be better to get some top quality lineman too.

If anything before April comes around, the Rams need to hit the free agency market hard and fast. If through free agency the Rams can fill some holes first, then the Rams can decide who and what to go after in the draft. Anyhow that is how I would approach the problem. However perhaps its my faulty memory, but doesn't a lot of free agency moves occure during mid and early summer?

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: What to do...?

The draft is in April, so the big moves happen before that. But there's also some movement made afterwards.

I think we need to be really aggressive in free agency, while still trying to get younger.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: What to do...?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post

A two edge sword I see here. Getting the superstar might take 1 or 2 seasons before he develops into NFL caliber player (or not at all). Yes getting another T. holt would be a win-win situation but considering Bulger doesn't throw too well laying on his back, that perhaps it might be better to get some top quality lineman too.
    Let's not forget in 2006 Bulger had 24 td passes and only 8 int's despite being sacked 49 times. Also we saw this season the Linehan wanted Bulger to throw the ball away more and avoid sacks. Bulger for whatever reason has a hard time throwing the ball away. He needs to practice that. What I'm saying in a nutshell is that we have a decent if not good O-line when the starters are healthy. I say draft a DE or 2.