Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Warner_Bruce_03 Guest

Post What to do about Trung Canidate

As everyone knows Trung Canidate in the last 3 or 4 games has done and outstanding job. Now the question is what should the rams do with him after the season? Should they keep him for a backup runningback, or trade him for a defensive or and offensive player? I'd like to know what some other people think on the matter. I think they should keep him. They may need a few more people on defense. but they are pretty good right now. they can't let teams comeback like they did with the Saints.

DODRAM is offline Registered User
    No question , he stays. Faulk's isn't getting younger, his knees are showing wear and tear plus there's rumours of his retirement . Even if Faulk doesn't retire, a 1-2 of Faulk - Canidate should keep most defenses busy

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

longhornrams Guest

Keep Trung

Other than the frequent fumbles (did anyone else think the kickoff fumble to end the 1st half was questionable?), Trung has shown he is an NFL caliber back.

We learned last year how valuable Trent was as a QB backup. Now, with Marshall's knee always a worry, we'd be stupid to trade Canidate. Keep him, work on his turnovers, and use him frequently to spell Marshall.

GO RAMS.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

WHAT??

Trung stays!!

I am shocked there would be any othere feelings. How long do you think Marshall is going to stay in the game. Marshall is going to be a person that goes out on top, he will not drag out a retirement.

AJD45 Guest
    Originally posted by DODRAM
    No question , he stays. Faulk's isn't getting younger, his knees are showing wear and tear plus there's rumours of his retirement . Even if Faulk doesn't retire, a 1-2 of Faulk - Canidate should keep most defenses busy
    Ya, I think this one is a no-brainer. Unless Trung gets Scott Boras as his agent and starts claiming he's going to hold out for more $$, he is perfect right where he is.

As a side note, all this talk about Rams retiring brings me down. I mean, why is it that the Whiners got Montana, Young and Rice for like 20 years, but the second we get Hall Of Famers, they are about to retire??

Anyway, despite the talk of replacing Ike and Marshall, I would say finding a QB of the future behind Warner is a bigger priority.

Aries51 is offline Registered User
    Canidate has sure won me over.If he stays healthy he is gonna be a star in this league.Having Faulk and Canidate in the same backfield is a luxury and we saw how effective both backs can be against the Panthers.Just another way to keep defenses guessing.I know Marshalls knees are wearing down,but he still has a lot of love for the game.I cant see him retiring next year.I could be wrong,but I hope I'm not.

GO RAMS!STAY FOCUSED!WIN!
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Originally posted by AJD45

Ya, I think this one is a no-brainer. Unless Trung gets Scott Boras as his agent and starts claiming he's going to hold out for more $$, he is perfect right where he is.

Anyway, despite the talk of replacing Ike and Marshall, I would say finding a QB of the future behind Warner is a bigger priority.
    You uttered the name of Scott Boras. The roof in my apt shook like mad when his name was even thrown around in my head. lol

I totally agree with you on the Warner scenario. How about that kid from Fresno State? He can chuck it down the field.

As for Canidate, I have been excited since day 1. I thought it a shame he got hurt so much his rookie year, could have used him major last year. However, he has stepped in beautifully this year and I can't wait till they both get in the backfield. That's like being in a round room looking for a corner. :mask:

RAMble On Guest
    I vote for the backup for Warner Scenario as well. We have a lot of youth in the other positions. Let's just hope we have enough dollars to keep this going for a long time.

I don't follow college football much but I agree with Txramsfan that the QB from Fresno State looks very good. I know he was in the Heisman race but he has now dropped with the last loss.

Bottom line, our last 3 or so drafts have be outstanding. I think it is the front office (Shaw, Armey, etc.) that we need to keep intact.

Last edited by RAMble On; -11-14-2001 at 01:45 AM.

sprtsmac Guest
    Everyone is right. We definetly need to keep Trung and work at getting a quarterback for the future. The only problem with Carr from Fresno State is that I doubt he will be around for the last pick in the draft. Of course we could get lucky, but he will be one of the top QB's gone. The Redskins are already looking at him.

AJD45 Guest
    Since we will be picking #32 I think you're right, it isn't likely Carr from Fresno St. will be still around. TSN's mock draft (as stupid as it is to have a mock draft already!) has him going to Detroit. It's possible Harrington would still be around. The pundits seem unimpressed with the QB crop, so there will probably be some of those guys labeled "great upside potential/not ready for NFL yet" that we could steal late; a guy we can groom along over a couple years like we had planned with Germaine. So I think we're sitting pretty good once again already for the next draft...

mar Guest

Thumbs up Trung:Keeper

Everyone is wright about Marshall's knees.Trung could be the future back for the Rams. And about the back up to Warner,he is still young in the league.Ya he did play in the arena league and it is still hard hitting, and he did play some in Europe but the real hiiting is still in the NFL, it's the best of the best anywhere. So I think look for an offensive lineman or keep working on defense :shield:

RAMble On Guest
    Regarding the QB, does anyone know about Joey Harrington? If Carr is taken earlier in the 1st round, Harrington may be available with our pick.

The last pick in the first round

MsWistRAM Guest
    Like others have said, we don't know how much longer Faulk will hold up. The D seems fairly solid, so keep Trung.

djccon Guest
    I kinda like the quarterback from Illinois. I can't think of his name, and I'm not sure he's even a senior this year - but every week I see some solid statistics.

Trouble is, nothing any of them does in college can be taken as a projection of their NFL career (I offer you Ryan Leaf, Kurt Warner, Tim Couch, Steve Walsh, Jake Plummer, Jeff Garcia, Kordell Stewart, Mark McGwire's little brother...need I go on?).

All any of us can do is put our faith in Charlie Armey and Jay Zygmunt - and keep Trung around!

AJD45 Guest
    One thing working in our favor is that with all the teams hopping on the so-called West Coast offense bandwagon, fewer teams are looking for a QB with Warner/Fouts/Marino type of strengths that fit our Air Coryell-style attack. That will give us an even better chance of landing the right guy in the draft while everyone else is looking for the next QB lauded by Bill Walsh -- like Mirer, Plummer and McNown...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast