View Poll Results: What do you think of the Martz loyalist housecleaning?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good thing. Necessary for new regime to take over.

30 71.43%
  • Bad thing. These are the character players who should be retained.

12 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

What do Toyoka Jackson, Mike Furrey, Jamie Martin and Arlen Harris have in common?

Martz's "pets." His "loyalists." Jackson, Furrey, Martin and Harris. All gone. Good thing? Bad thing?

Does every coach have players that are on the team as much for their attitude, influence, comfort level and hard work as they are for their talent?

Seems like these players have been part of a house cleaning of the old regime (and, notably, Martz has already signed Harris and Furrey in Detroit).

Is this house cleaning good or bad?

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Re: What do Toyoka Jackson, Mike Furrey, Jamie Martin and Arlen Harris have in common?

Well, let's put it this way, they didn't do anything extraordinary (besides Furrey) to keep Martz here. They didn't have an excellent performance when he was away, specially Tyoka for the FO and us to say, Martz is a true leader and the players stand up for him. I really feel bad for Furrey, I really like that guy and Tyoka might have a chance to have a brakethru season under haslett.

raleigh_ram Guest

Re: What do Toyoka Jackson, Mike Furrey, Jamie Martin and Arlen Harris have in common?

Yeah, Furrey is a great athlete. I think he has potential to be a good reeiver. He was just overshadowed by all the talent we have now.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

I wish T. Jackson would have been resigned for cheap. He is a pretty good pass rusher and could be missed.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

They are all second tier players.... Is it a good thing they are no longer with the Rams? I guess that depends who we replace them with...

:football:

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Tyoka was a leader, but his age and production mean that we probably won't see significant effects on the field. Replacing Jamie Martin with Gus Frerotte in my mind is clearly an upgrade, Tony Fisher for Arlen Harris is hard to say really, and Furrey I'll miss for his effort but not as much for his talent.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I've got no problem getting rid of guys if they were only here because Mike Martz was the coach.

sbramfan Guest

All Mediocre players. We need less mediocrity on this team. Especially on defense.

Good Riddens.

I'm happy to see Furry and Harris reconnect with Martz....but he can have them.

thoey is offline Registered User

Hope they don't start cleaning out Martz lovers on ClanRam...

:O
    This space for rent...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

... and make them join a Lions message board?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I think those players had more to do with fitting a role under the salary cap than necessarily being Mike Martz favorites.

bigtiger737 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NY RAMFAN
    Well, let's put it this way, they didn't do anything extraordinary (besides Furrey) to keep Martz here. They didn't have an excellent performance when he was away, specially Tyoka for the FO and us to say, Martz is a true leader and the players stand up for him. I really feel bad for Furrey, I really like that guy and Tyoka might have a chance to have a brakethru season under haslett.
    my thoughts exactly

theodus69 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    Hope they don't start cleaning out Martz lovers on ClanRam...

:O
    There's no proof of any Martz lovers here!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Yes there is.....Me. I love any coach that takes the Rams to the playoffs 4 out of 6 years. That being said, Martz is gone and you won't hear me squealing about what a raw deal he got. Move on to the future and Linehan.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

To Funny "AR" I do like T. Jackson , Furrey But they have not performed as well as I think most of us would have liked ? A. Harris can go anytime , I however feel that under our new guy they could if played at the right times and places could do well... Ive always liked jacksons heart he never gave up i like that about him... I do feel we could do better by up grading if we can...
    HEY I'M GLAD TO BE BACK I HAVE BEEN VERY SICK HERE LATELY , MISS YOU ALL VERY MUCH FEELING A LITTLE BETTER NOW...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast