Canadian Rams Fan is offline Registered User

What do you guys think of our new offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator

Hi Guys,
    Just thought that this would be a fun topic. After seeing Bulger dedicate himself so much to learning Al Saunders system and it being a bust; way to complicated for our rookie receivers to learn and not having the offensive line to protect Marc for this type of system was a disaster. What do you guys think of our new offensive coordinator. I personally think that coming from a west coast style would really compliment our personnel I am hoping for good things.

As for our defense last year they started coming around. We still are having trouble against the run. I really believe that this offseason Coach Spags and Billy Devaney will change the personnel on both sides of the ball, but seeing that spags is a defensive minded coach, I can not help but get excited about the changes that are to come. That being said what do you think of our defensive coordinator.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Re: What do you guys think of our new offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator

the excitement must be contagious, cuz i got it too, eh.

Can't really sound off about the OC and DC cuz i don't know enough about their past work..... I just wanted to welcome you to the Clan! Cheers!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: What do you guys think of our new offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator

I think they are exciting candidates. Our DC has worked with Witherspoon, who was a captain. I expect him to keep the "C" and become a leader for this defensive squad. Our DC coached the Panthers linebackers, who if you ask me, were a pretty solid group. We need to add the middle line backer and hope he plays well between Pisa and Spoon.

As for OC, I really don't know his work. I really have to agree that the Saunders system was terrible. With the simple concept of protect your QB and run the ball, I think this team may be able to achieve more. Certainly, we cannot run a simple offense that is obvious. However, as long as we are consistent, who is going to complain?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

I have to agree with you mooseline. I totally believe that they will bring in a middle linebacker this year and that they will keep Pisa. I think that Pisa is a good linebacker and will do well even if they switch him to the strong side. I remember reading something about Witherspoon flourishing under that Panthers defense so bringing in someone that has worked with him in the past should be exciting to see. As for our offensive coordinator I think that he will do well with bulger and the west coast offense I cant wait to watch.

HornIt is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I think they are exciting candidates. Our DC has worked with Witherspoon, who was a captain. I expect him to keep the "C" and become a leader for this defensive squad. Our DC coached the Panthers linebackers, who if you ask me, were a pretty solid group. We need to add the middle line backer and hope he plays well between Pisa and Spoon.

As for OC, I really don't know his work. I really have to agree that the Saunders system was terrible. With the simple concept of protect your QB and run the ball, I think this team may be able to achieve more. Certainly, we cannot run a simple offense that is obvious. However, as long as we are consistent, who is going to complain?
    How was Saunders' terrible system able to produce the best offense in the NFL for a 4 year period of 2002 through the 2004 seasons then?

There was nothing wrong with Linehan's system. Nothing wrong with Saunders' system. There will be nothing wrong with Shurmur's system either. They ALL have produced good offenses in the NFL. The Rams problems have not been their offensive systems.

Thanks for the welcome Koi Kai.