psycho9985 is offline Registered User

What do you think about becoming a westcoast O

The weastcoast offence was originated in Cleaveland,so it should have been named the Great lakes Offence.

It was resurected by Bill Walsh in 1979 much to the woe of the Rams and the NFL in general,IMO.

It has turned out a number of SB trophies.

The question is;are you alright with this,or are you Mad.

There are a lot of Ram fans who dont want it(myself included) since Martz's offence showed it self to be superior why would we change?or is westcoast as close as linehan can come to it?

My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Re: What do you think about becoming a westcoast O

I don't think Minnesota's offense the last few years has been west coast. I can picture them running quite a few screens and throwing to the TE, etc..., but they take a lot of shots down the field and run trick plays, etc...

Technically, I am OK with this. The Rams, under Martz, either get 20+ yards on a pass, or 2 yards on a run and not much inbetween. So half of the problem is that if every play is designed to get a first down, you find yourself in a lot of 3rd and longs. With more of a ball control offense (see Seattle), you get 5-7 yards on first down and leave yourself a much more manageable 2nd and 3rd down, of which, if you have a great RB you can pick up those few more yards.

I imagine coach Linehan will ask the players to keep a few of the Martz plays that they think are staples, and will end up with a new offensive system that accomodates some of the stuff the Rams already do.

More Marshall, and more passes to the TE will be good for this team, and good for Bulger's health, and will minimize turnovers. Better formula than "go for broke".

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    The weastcoast offence was originated in Cleaveland,so it should have been named the Great lakes Offence.

It was resurected by Bill Walsh in 1979 much to the woe of the Rams and the NFL in general,IMO.

It has turned out a number of SB trophies.

The question is;are you alright with this,or are you Mad.

There are a lot of Ram fans who dont want it(myself included) since Martz's offence showed it self to be superior why would we change?or is westcoast as close as linehan can come to it?
    psycho, my man, where are you hearing that Linehan will run a WCO? He's never run a WCO in his entire career. In fact, the Linehan offense is a variation of the old Coryell offense, just like Martz' offense.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

I really dont care as long as we win , I think when you have good players a long with a coaching staff that wants to keep the other team off balance with balance on both sides of the ball things will happen

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Linehan's lineage is not from the Bill Walsh tree.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

As long as it gets us scoring 25+pts next year. I'm fine!
    RamsFan16

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    Linehan's lineage is not from the Bill Walsh tree.
    You won't be seeing the "Bill Walsh" west coast offense as it came mistakenly to be called by the press in describing Walsh's offensive scheme's.

Linehan will be playing a hybrid of the "original" west coast offense. The lineage of this tree includes Martz, Al Saunders, Norv Turner, Ernie Zampese and Don Coryell to name a few.

The vertical passing game will be alive and well in the Rams offense. In addition, you can expect a more balanced running attack and a more significant contribution from the tight ends from Linehan.

Actually, I'd say things are looking up on offense as well as defense!

Go Rams!!!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I don't care about what we're entitled to be hoenst with you, I'd love to get the name of "Greatest show on turf" back again with or without Bruce, and I think we can do that still, and I think what would be cool is to be a little more known for our Defense from now on, it'll bring pressure off of the offense to perform in crucial times because our D can't handle the other team. If the D can perform, we'll run a great steady offense, and we'll get far in the regular season, and hopefully go all the way in the playoffs

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams