View Poll Results: What do you think our OL will look like?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Incognito, Romberg, Setterstrom

17 47.22%
  • Incognito, McCollum, Setterstrom

14 38.89%
  • Incognito, Fry, Setterstrom

2 5.56%
  • Incognito, Romberg, Terrell

2 5.56%
  • Incognito, McCollum, Terrell

0 0%
  • Incognito, Fry, Terrell

0 0%
  • Terrell, Incognito, Setterstrom

1 2.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

What do you think our OL will look like?

Pace and Barron are givens at OT.
    I also think Incognito is a given on the OL. But I blieve there could be a slight posibility he could play C depending on the others play.

What do you think our interior OL will look like.
    Incognito, Romberg, Setterstrom or Terrell
    Incognito, McCollum , Setterstrom or Terrell
    Incognito, Fry , Setterstrom or Terrell
    Terrell, Incognito, Setterstrom

I think Terrell if given the opertunity this year will play good. But I am also very optimistic about the potential of all these guys.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -06-24-2007 at 12:20 AM.

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Re: What do you think our OL will look like?

I think Incognito and Setterstrom are going to be in there for sure. The center position is what looks to be the biggest camp battle in my eyes. While not spectacular last year, Romberg was more then sufficient at center and I remember a couple of comments from Bulger where he said he did fine. McCollum is like 36 or 37 and with the injury i bet he's lost a step.

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Consistency is the key. McCollum is aging, and provided Rombereg demonstrates the level of play he did at the end of last year, it would be foolhardy to replace him.

Why change something that you're going to have to change back next season or (god forbid) at the occurrence of another injury to our wooly mammoth?

RealRam is offline Registered User

After reading your post BBQ, I realized I should have voted Incognito - Romberg - Setterstrom. It makes perfect sense, and keep Big Andy as the mentor / reserve / man.

Instead I wrongly placed AM as starter. I'll change the lineup immediately in our next team meeting. Everyone is expecting and is fine already with the P - I - R - S - B names.

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    It makes perfect sense, and keep Big Andy as the mentor / reserve / man.
    Right on.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Instead I wrongly placed AM as starter. I'll change the lineup immediately in our next team meeting. Everyone is expecting and is fine already with the P - I - R - S - B names.
    ha.

Also on the agenda for the next team meeting- fuzzy slippers for players and staff in preparation for the cold winter months.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I went with Incognito, Romberg, Setterstrom like the majority here. But I think Terrell is the main dark horse that could push for a starting spot, he used to start before his health problems. The question is whether Terrell is in the famed doghouse now, he could be, and it appears to be very very difficult to get yourself out of the doghouse. Especially if your attitude isn't perfect - which could be said for Terrell. If he's in the doghouse maybe we'll even cut him, or just keep him permanently on the bench - but hopefully he's improved his attitude and relationship with our coaches enough to get the opportunity to fight for a starting spot, competition could only be a good thing. But right now, I say let's go with the 3 guys that finished as starters last year and see if they continue to excel.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

I like the way we ended the seasaon as well with:
    Incognito, Romberg, and Setterstrom

I voted:
    Incognito, McCollum, and Setterstrom
    Although I would like to see a younger center beat out McCollum in training camp. I think its neck and neck at this point. But the nod for me goes to the proven veteran, until a young guy can win the job from him. I would like to see McCollum, Romberg, and Fry split the time equally in training camp and the best man wins. McCollum really don't need as much time because he is a vet. The young guys need the time in training camp to hone their technique.

Center is the biggest question mark. Romberg finished the year good but it woud be nice to see more playing time out of him before breaking out the annoiting oil. I am not sure who our future is at that position yet. It could be Romberg, Fry, or Incognito if we have two other guards really come on strong.

At guard Terrell showed a lot of talent his rookie year and he seems to have worked hard at making a comeback. If he proves to be a road grader along with Setterstrom it would do one of two things. One create a battle for that guard spot. Two create the posibility of moving Incognito to Center in order to get the three best OL on the field.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -06-24-2007 at 12:18 PM.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Towards the end of last year when our interior was Incognito|Romberg|Setterstrom our line was very dominate inside. Thats why, I'm expecting it to remain like that while keeping the tackles obviously Pace and Barron.
    RamsFan16

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by helorm341 View Post
    I think Incognito and Setterstrom are going to be in there for sure. The center position is what looks to be the biggest camp battle in my eyes. While not spectacular last year, Romberg was more then sufficient at center and I remember a couple of comments from Bulger where he said he did fine. McCollum is like 36 or 37 and with the injury i bet he's lost a step.
    Old centers don't lose a step -- they lose a snap!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    At guard Terrell showed a lot of talent his rookie year and he seems to have worked hard at making a comeback. If he proves to be a road grader along with Setterstrom it would do one of two things. One create a battle for that guard spot. Two create the posibility of moving Incognito to Center in order to get the three best OL on the field.
    Why in the world would you want to put Incognito at center. He didn't exactly set the world on fire when he was forced to play there due to injuries. If Terrell has a chance to unseat a starter, it could be Cogs. It seems many assume that it would be Setterstrom, but I doubt it. Mark plays with excellent technique especially for a guy who was playing his first season in the NFL last year. Incognito has mental lapses that cost the team on occasion. He plays with a nasty attitude for sure, but if Terrell shows enough to unseat a starter -- I'd bet it won't be Setterstrom.

As far as the battle for center goes, Andy will have to play "lights out" to unseat Romberg as if they are anywhere near even, the coaches will go with youth, as youth has the upside for obvious reasons. If Fry surprises and plays beyond rookie expectations (this would include the versatility to fill in at guard as well), Andy could be rendered expendable. Whatever happens, our O-line depth is way better than it has been in several years ...

RealRam is offline Registered User

...Our O-line depth is way better than it has been in several years. -- MauiRam
    Yes indeed! Good, solid depth. Quality seems to be forming with the starters too. :r

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

It seems like I'm in the minority when i picked Setterstrom/McCollum/Icognito. After the way they played last year i believe that the guard positions are solidified for Setterstrom and Icognito. In my mind Terrell doesn't even factor in. At this point he's just fighting to have a job, let alone a starting position. At the center position I think that McCollum will start the year at center. His sb ring, leadership, endurance skills, and veteranship will give him the slight edge over Romberg. That's not to say that Romberg can't come in during the season and take it away, but i feel that it's McCollum's spot to lose.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Week 1 the interior will be Sett., McC., and Incog.

However, I don't see McCollum making it through the year. Either father time or Romberg/Fry will catch up to him before the end of the season.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

caligirl is offline Registered User

i think they will look HOT!

oh, sorry, i that not what you were looking for????

general counsel is offline Registered User

i voted for andy, incognito and setterstrom. I believe that its going to be mccolloms job to lose if the reports are accurate that he appears to be at full strength. I have my eye on terrell. I think he has something to prove and i wont be surprised if he wins a job.

I think the parquet floor has an excellent chance of making the team.

Offensive line on the roster.

pace, barron, mccollum, setterstrom, incognito
    terrell, goldberg, steussie, romberg, fry, parquett

practice squad the kid we drafted from georgia

I may have one lineman too many. Should be interesting to see who is the last guy. I guess parquett could land on the practice squad again.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast