Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

What do you think of your Messiah now?

Everyone wanted to give Joe Vitt credit for everything that went right when the Rams won their previous 2 games.

I guess that means he is to blame for the untimely penalties, Red Zone ineptitude, horrible 3rd down defense, lack of a pass rush and botched fake FG, right?

Let's face it, folks. This team's problems go well beyond the differences between Mad Mike and True Grit Vitt.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Re: What do you think of your Messiah now?

Holt and Bruce combine for 61 yards not a good day to say the least by our #1 and #2. Our wide receivers were dropping passes and not in synch. Holt did better in the 4th quarter. I did not agree with the fake field goal but I don’t think Vitt did bad today. This was definitely the best team we have played all year. If you look at our road record over last year and this year its horrible we can’t blame the loss on Vitt. We can say he might have been able to do better. This team had some chemistry going and when you bring all the starters back it takes time getting use to playing again with all these guys. I blame this game more on our three best players being rusty. One thing I have noticed and it happened again today is that Steven Jackson can be a drive killer he all to often gains 0 yards rushing. He breaks one on occasion but gets tackled by the shoelaces if he has to run left or right. I want to see him succeed but I have been disappointed in his elusiveness if he doesn’t have a hole he can drive car through. Faulk has elusiveness and showed it again today.

Oh, please. Jackson's not the problem. Check on NFL.com "complete play by play" and count the number of times, particularly in the first half, the Rams ran Jackson on first down.

No matter how good a back is, if the opposition knows its going to him, they're going to stop the run a good portion of the time. Heck, even the Rams D stopped Alexander several times on obvious running downs.

My point here is actually not to say that everything that happened was Vitt's fault. It wasn't. But, if you're going to credit him with the team's attitude and discipline when it wins, you have to critique him when the team plays as undisciplined and unispired as they did today.

This team has many questions.

Joe Vitt isn't the answer.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    I donít think Vitt did bad today.
    He had two weeks to get this team ready to play, coming off of two home wins that gave us a lot of momentum. Martz gets called out for this kind of stuff all the time, so does Vitt get a free pass?

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    Faulk has elusiveness and showed it again today.
    He showed ellusiveness as a receiver, yes. But how'd he do on the ground as a runner? One carry, no yards. And I remember specifically three sweep plays in which Jackson gained four yards or more. He can run when there's blocking, like every other back in the league. Why is he held to some kind of higher standard?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

LDJOHN55 is offline Registered User

I agree with your assessment almost 100%.

There is an organization of coaches that formulate the plans for this team. They all failed when we lost.

Our Big 3 probably should have come in off the bench! Martin probably would have done better than Bulger. Curtis would have done better than Holt, and Faulk/McDonald/Looker would have done better than Bruce. Fauld would have done better than Jackson.

If Jackson doesn't learn to run straight ahead, we're doomed forever!!!! He needs a hole the size of a bulldozer, and he's easily brought down.

Coach made an edgy call on that fake field goal. We were still in the game afterwards, but the penalties and INTERCEPTIONS killed us.

Mediocre teams are doing us like the puppy who pees on the rug....... they are rubbing our faces in it.

Why can't we do well coming off a BYE? Why can't we beat the teams that we're supposed to beat? WFT is wrong with our team?

I'll be flying to STL for when we host the WHINERS and boy-howdy will I be pissed off if we're swept by them.

I'm not a happy camper right now.

ldj

What in God's name are you people talking about!?!?!?!?!?

Bulger completed 70% of his passes for over 300 yards! You think Martin would have done better?

Geez!

Mr.Blond Guest

Good posts. Martz would be crucified right now, I think most of you were way too hard on that guy, undeservadley (sp?) so. It's the Players on the field who dictate ultimately what happens. Pisa had a horrible game, when has he had a great game? I was with some others able to see him in person, he is really really small. (and ugly) I don't know how he can play in the NFL, must be some affirmative action for Hawaiians. I don't want to go too far off the thread topic, I don't want to make Avenger upset, for he has the power of the Horns, and I respect that.

Mr.Blond Guest

I think Bulger played pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by LDJOHN55
    Martin probably would have done better than Bulger.
    I couldn't possibily disagree with this more. How does a guy complete 70% of his passes and put up a QB rating of 90 and still get called out?
    Last edited by Nick; -11-13-2005 at 09:44 PM.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I think it's safe to say Vitt could have called a better game today, but there is plenty of blame to go around. Since the buck stops with Vitt though, he'll just have to take the heat for this one.

Looks like a Messiah is exactly what we need at this point in time.

Mr.Blond Guest

LOL Raider Hater, I like that picture of the back of the Rams helmets waiting to go on the field. :cheers

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Blond
    LOL Raider Hater, I like that picture of the back of the Rams helmets waiting to go on the field. :cheers
    Why, thank you Mr.Blond.

Milan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LDJOHN55
    I agree with your assessment almost 100%.

There is an organization of coaches that formulate the plans for this team. They all failed when we lost.

Our Big 3 probably should have come in off the bench! Martin probably would have done better than Bulger. Curtis would have done better than Holt, and Faulk/McDonald/Looker would have done better than Bruce. Fauld would have done better than Jackson.

If Jackson doesn't learn to run straight ahead, we're doomed forever!!!! He needs a hole the size of a bulldozer, and he's easily brought down.

Coach made an edgy call on that fake field goal. We were still in the game afterwards, but the penalties and INTERCEPTIONS killed us.

Mediocre teams are doing us like the puppy who pees on the rug....... they are rubbing our faces in it.

Why can't we do well coming off a BYE? Why can't we beat the teams that we're supposed to beat? WFT is wrong with our team?

I'll be flying to STL for when we host the WHINERS and boy-howdy will I be pissed off if we're swept by them.

I'm not a happy camper right now.

ldj
    Jackson easily brought down? Are you talking about Jackson on the Rams? I don't know what Team you've been watching but he's most certainly not easy to take down.

Quote Originally Posted by Milan
    Jackson easily brought down? Are you talking about Jackson on the Rams? I don't know what Team you've been watching but he's most certainly not easy to take down.
    Agreed. I don't know how many times Jackson had to break 2-3 tackles in the backfield today just to gain positive yards. I rarely see him brought down easily.

general counsel is offline Registered User

With all due respect, anyone that thinks that martin would have done better than bulger today is spending a bit too much time with the hooka pipe.

Bulger had a nice day, 70% of his passes and three hundred yards, and that doesnt count two huge plays that were complete and total screwups by holt, injury or not. The missed td bomb early was a crucial play in the game. the ball was right there. the second td throw to holt hit him in the hands. Bulger moved us all day long. Was the manu fumble bulgers fault, after a very nifty move to create space and a nice throw? Cant blame this on bulger, without him we would have been blown out into the pacific.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast