Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    richtree is offline Registered User

What do you want to see of Bradford VS. the Pats

Quite simple, I want to see a few things.

1. I want to see him be aggressive and adapt to the speed of the game.

2. I want to see him go deep down the field and not check down to the short man/TE

3. I want a Touchdown (passing) from him

4. I want to see him setting up in pocket, showing good pocket presence

5. I want to see him get excited, right now he seems alittle lost.

Right now Bradford doesn't seem to feel comfortable yet. With Feeley out he should get a ton of reps and the weather should be good. No excuses.

The Pats Dline is great, so there should be decent protection and WR's should know there routes.

Right now Clausen has looked better dealing with the speed of the game. I will give Sam a pass with the rain storm and late camp entry, but he needs to show something this week.

ThoughtS !?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: What do you want to see of Bradford VS. the Pats

I want the handcuffs taken off. Let Bradford play football. Yeah he's going to make mistakes, fumbles, interceptions & bad throws. Shoot how's he going to learn? I'll tell you how....by making mistakes....!!!!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I think you're somewhat correct and somewhat not. I like what he has done so far besides throwing it past the 5 yard receptions...

I would also like to see a touchdown to get his confidence up although I do not think he "is lost".

Also, I don't think Clausen had looked better so far. I mean sure hes had some longer throws and what not, but hes made some real mistakes that caused INT's. Sam has read everything correctly and has no turnovers as of now.

Although I'd like to see some deep passes this game.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

I want to see Sam run the offense with Steven Jackson in the lineup. If he is ever given the opportunity to throw downfield, his chances of success will be much higher with S.J. out there with him ..

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I'd like to see more downfield passing and I'd also like to see more sustained drives that result in touchdowns. That's on everyone, but it can start with Bradford staying poised in the pocket and making good decisions with the football to convert first downs. It seems that, without Jackson in the line-up, this offense still stalls. We drafted Sam to be an elite quarterback, not a game manager. Let him throw the ball around and see what happens. If he makes a mistake, he makes a mistake. He's got to learn somehow, and this would appear to be a good opportunity to get him some time with the first team offense.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I want the handcuffs taken off. Let Bradford play football. Yeah he's going to make mistakes, fumbles, interceptions & bad throws. Shoot how's he going to learn? I'll tell you how....by making mistakes....!!!!

I think this is a winner! I would like to see Bernie Kosar pleased with our play calling. I think the rest will fall into place

RockinRam is offline Registered User

When Sam Bradford came out of college, he was declared as one of the most accurate passer to come out in years. He has the awareness, the arm, and the mentality to be a general out there, lasering it to targets all over the field.

That's what we need, and want him to be.

However, by the looks of these two previous games, it seems as though we are afraid of him throwing the ball over 7 yards. Shurmur and the staff are restricting him, and he is not able to fully showcase his abilities and his accuracy which is compared to Peyton Manning's.

Hell, even Null and Lewis gets more freedom of throwing than Bradford.

I want to see Bradford taking the majority of the snaps under shotgun, and throwing medium and deep routes. I want to see him in rhythm, I want to see him in his groove, just like how he was in Oklahoma (I saw a lot of that...while rooting for UT), and I want to see him complete pass after pass, and eventually tossing a pretty throw to the endzone for a TD.

Am I being over realistic? No way. Sam Bradford, when given the opportunity, can do this over and over again. That is why we drafted him.

BigGameTH is offline Registered User

I want to see more dink and dunk checkdowns that result in three and outs.

-Pat Shurmur

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I'm not going to judge much on the Browns game. When Jackson is out, it's tough for any Rams QB to be effective. Plus, the weather was pretty tough for a rookie QB just learning the NFL.

I just want to see him look off a receiver. He has a tendency (as do all rookie QB's) to stare down his target right now. Confidence will change that I know.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I want to see Bradford given an opportunity to show what he can do with a much more wide opened, imaginative play selection. I also want to see him continue to maintain his composure and poise under fire, something he has been very good at doing so far.

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    I would like to see Bernie Kosar pleased with our play calling.
    Ugh, listening to Kosar drone on throughout the game was worse than fingernails on a chalkboard. He harped on the Rams short passing game all night long as dangerous and unwise, which was fine, but then when the Browns did the same thing, it was all of a sudden a great strategy. Bernie Miklasz has competion for his "Bernie the dolt" moniker.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I just want to see him look off a receiver. He has a tendency (as do all rookie QB's) to stare down his target right now. Confidence will change that I know.
    Agreed. Having spent the afternoon watching and slow-mo'ing much of the Rams/Browns game, Bradford was staring down his targets on quite a few attempts. On two instances specifically, I think it may have cost the Rams first down conversions. As you said, he's young and that's an understandable issue at this point in his career. But it'll be nice to see him start going through his progressions more confidently and looking off defenders in order to open up the coverage a bit.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

im hoping NE doesnt hold anything back and they come at us like they did vs Atl. I want to see just how "poised" Bradford can be under constant pressure...I also wouldnt mind seeing a mistake or two, nothing to crazy though, to get a glimpse of how he reacts and what he does to improve on it...
    Last edited by unorthodox1999; -08-24-2010 at 12:19 AM.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Anything short of 20/20 2000 yds 20 TDs and we may as well cut him.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

I want to see Bradford with Jackson in the backfield. In both preseason games to-date, the opposition has thrown blitz after blitz at the kid because the Rams have NO running game w/o Jackson and have absolutely NO fear of the Rams going deep.

Jackson will change the oppositions approach on defense, I believe.

...and I can't wait to see it. The kid needs to air it out a bit. I too will give him a pass last week, but he does need to pick it up this week. I think he's still coming up to NFL speed. He's not crisp with the ball exchange from center, he's not picking up his hot reads quickly, and he's having to dump down because the timing is not there yet.

I want to see both Jackson and the Kid (that's what I'm calling him from now on) play together for an entire quarter.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Keenum is offline Registered User

I want to see the coaches open up the offense with Bradford. Don't worry about the score or even certain situations... it is time to see what Bradford can do and how far along he is in this offense, and then decide if he is ready to start once the regular season rolls around or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast