Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What does SJax think of the Rams

Rambos is offline Registered User

What does SJax think of the Rams

SJax talks about the state of the Rams, why this team is so bad and comments on Bradford as a QB.

To a man I respect SJax, he knows what's going on.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-cen...c-393bf2a13559

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: What does SJax think of the Rams

Jackson, who knows more than anyone here, made a point of saying most of the problems on offense are a product of an OL that hasn't had a chance at any chemistry. If I'm not mistaken, not one of the line positions has remained consistent the entire season. As we have seen, that's a recipe for failure.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Jackson, who knows more than anyone here, made a point of saying most of the problems on offense are a product of an OL that hasn't had a chance at any chemistry. If I'm not mistaken, not one of the line positions has remained consistent the entire season. As we have seen, that's a recipe for failure.
    Well, it could also be that it takes 8-9 try to score from the 1 by not effectively utillizing our best player! I also think other teams have had line issues including the Seahags from last night, pretty significant issues but somehow they sit at 6-7 with T Jackson as their QB.
    rammiser likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

His face at the first few seconds of the interview explains the past 8 seasons he's had to go through.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Well, it could also be that it takes 8-9 try to score from the 1 by not effectively utillizing our best player! I also think other teams have had line issues including the Seahags from last night, pretty significant issues but somehow they sit at 6-7 with T Jackson as their QB.
    True, but we've gone three deep at some positions on the line and last night I literally saw guys playing I'd never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    His face at the first few seconds of the interview explains the past 8 seasons he's had to go through.
    Did it ever. I feel awful for him.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    True, but we've gone three deep at some positions on the line and last night I literally saw guys playing I'd never heard of.

Well, the one sack/pressure that stood out to melast night was Bajema whiffing near goal line.....and he ahs been there for a while. That was simply unacceptable. Then we had DX false start and someone else do a false start that I believe has been there a while.......Oh yes, Wragge. Did not see the other guys whif too badly but yes, it is certainly patchwork.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Yes, sad. But, like the standup guy he is, he stood there and answered their questions. Contrast that to McLain of the Raiders on the heels of his arrest. What a punk.

SJ DESERVES MUCH MORE THEN HE IS GETTING

shower beers is offline Registered User

Name:  Picture 1.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  19.5 KB

"Are you kidding me?"
    rammiser likes this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

If Jackson leaves this team the offseason, I know we'll see tears on his face knowing he wishes he could've done more for this team, and when if he comes back to announce his retirement as a Ram, we're going to be seeing more of that from him. Steven Jackson is my generation's Isaac Bruce and unfortunately, we're more likely unable to see him get his ring with the Rams the same way Bruce did...

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    If Jackson leaves this team the offseason, I know we'll see tears on his face knowing he wishes he could've done more for this team, and when if he comes back to announce his retirement as a Ram, we're going to be seeing more of that from him. Steven Jackson is my generation's Isaac Bruce and unfortunately, we're more likely unable to see him get his ring with the Rams the same way Bruce did...
    I honestly think that he deserves a shot at playing on a winning team and whilst I have always hoped that he could do that with us, it may be that he has to go elsewhere to realise that goal.

If we're being entirely honest with ourselves, we're looking, once again, at a 3 year rebuilding job close on the heels of yet another abortive 3 year rebuilding job and we have to ask ourselves do we really want to see him have to carry us through another one of those. I would not blame him in the slightest if he sought a trade at this stage in his career, which has another 2-3 seasons in it, if we're bring realistic given the pounding he's taken here.

I would thank him for his immense contribution in dreadfully adverse conditions and wish him well up to and beyond the day when he retires as a Ram.

When the MNF crew outlined just how appalling this team has been over the last 5 seasons and that in the face of every attempt by the NFL at parity, it gave me little faith that we could deliver Steven a supporting cast worthy of his efforts in the short to medium term.

A trade may well be in the best interests of everyone but most of all its in the best interest of Steven and I daresay he may well be owed it.

Last edited by Fat Pang; -12-14-2011 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Stray consonant
    thoey and macrammer like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

What I heard SJax say are not excuses like most fans think when the facts are presented. "We are playing with a lot of back ups", "we are playing with reserve players". When asked about the teams regression he said that was not a fair assessment, "we have had a lot of injuries". "it's hard to win in this league when you are consonantly shuffling offensive line", "when you have to go back to week one stuff".

SJax said the future is Sam Bradford, thinks he will be a spectacular QB in the NFL. Thinks the Rams have enough of a core to build on and we need to keep these players together.

The point of this post is for all us who know it all fans myself included.... we think we know..

You Don't Know. You Just Don't Know. You Think You Know. But You Don't Know. And You Never Will. Jim Mora
    SJax does not need to make up excuses he is playing all out week in and week out.. it's just the facts.
    Last edited by Rambos; -12-14-2011 at 12:05 PM.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Imagine rarely being successful in your current job. Imagine the fruits of your labor rarely being rewarded. Few of us would handle it with as much grace as Jackson. As a competitor, it has to be killing him inside. You can't ask anything more from a guy in terms of effort and total production than what Jackson has given the Rams the past 8 seasons.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    What I heard SJax say are not excuses like most fans think when the facts are presented. "We are playing with a lot of back ups", "we are playing with reserve players". When asked about the teams regression he said that was not a fair assessment, "we have had a lot of injuries". "it's hard to win in this league when you are consonantly shuffling offensive line", "when you have to go back to week one stuff".

SJax said the future is Sam Bradford, thinks he will be a spectacular QB in the NFL. Thinks the Rams have enough of a core to build on and we need to keep these players together.

The point of this post is for all us who know it all fans myself included.... we think we know..

SJax does not need to make up excuses he is playing all out week in and week out.. it's just the facts.
    And what was Jackson supposed to say? "Oh Sam? No that guys terrible, this dumb coaching staff needs to get his ass outta here"...Maybe you should think about what position he's in before he says something...not everything thats said on the television is meant or is true. (not saying SJAX thinks Bradford sucks but thats not a logical answer as to why he will be successful or thinks he will be good in this league)

rams4life88 is offline Registered User

I honestly dont know what to say anymore that hasnt been said already. This team has went from one of the greater franchises in the league to probably the worst. Its sad to have seen this team disintegrate since they moved to St Louis. One Superbowl win cannot overshadow the countless years we all have had to go through for the past 15 years (not counting the GSOT). I have no confidence in the management of this team anymore. Laurent Robinson, who we DEF could have used is now the Cowboys second best receiver. Which considering they have Dez Bryant and Miles Austin is pretty darn impressive. They say the only place to go from here is up. Well, after this season it looks like we're going to hang low again for quite some time.

mh-i is offline Registered User

The bummer is that Jackson will never return to post season unless the Rams trade him or let him go. That's what I see on his face.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast