Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: What Eagles Fans Are Saying!

lostsoul is offline Registered User

What Eagles Fans Are Saying!

Really liked these threads last year so i thought i would make one.

I like being the underdog, don't get me wrong, but there is no way we lose to the Rams. They are an up and coming team and I think that Bradford could be one of the greats, but come on man, he is still young and will still make mistakes. We put 8 men in the box to stop the run and run man on there WR's. Simple as that. And it is in a dome and that helps us I think. Speed kills on turf. This is just my opinion, not trying to jinx anything.
    Andy Reid's ability to have his team play down to the competition's level is legendary. They should win but I am not just chalking this one down as a "W" before the game is played.
    The Rams aren't a pushover like people think. If they can get Steven Jackson going they'll keep the game close. They know Jackson vs. the Eagles linebackers is an automatic mismatch. I mean come on they're gonna give the ball to Jackson early & often. If there was ever a game where the Eagles needed to score fast & score often this is it. The Rams aren't built to get into a shootout with the Eagles & that's where the difference could be. If the game is close the Rams are gonna hang around. The Eagles have to keep them from using Steven Jackson the way they want to
    they (Rams) have no weapons at all. they won't be able to pass the ball even a little bit. if they win it will be because vick turned it over 4 times and the reams scored 10 points.
    Lets do this Jimmy the Greek style *showing my age once again*

QB - advantage Eagles
    RB - even (and Im being generous...most would say Shady is better than S. Jackson)
    WR - advantage Eagles
    TE - advantage Eagles
    OL - advantage Rams (based on continuity, again being kinda generous)
    DL - advantage Eagles
    LB - advantage Rams
    DB - we dont even need to go there.
    Special Teams - even, only because we have rookie kickers
    People aren't picking the Rams to beat us. They are Picking us to lose to the Rams. If we do this game we will have beaten ourselves once again.
    The Rams are a lot better team at home but yeah we're clearly the much more talented team, not sure how anyone could pick the Rams.
    This one made me lol
    I would not mind being rammed by Steven Jackson
    The Eagles will run away with this game. Who is bradford throwing to? The eagles may hang 50 on the rams on a fast track. Don't worry, this game is in the bag, atl is another story
    I love hearing so many talking heads on ESPN taking the Rams to win the game. Maybe I'm being biased, but how are the Rams ever going to stop this offense? Although, the Rams are going to be tough to stop with Josh McDaniels calling the plays.

Eagles - 30
    Rams - 20
    It's a laugher

34-10 birds
    It'll be an overtime game. Vick will win it on a scramble.
    I see a high scoring game. Something like 45-30.

Eagles cannot stop TE's and Bradford is smart enough to feed Kendricks all day.
    ZiaRam likes this.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: What Eagles Fans Are Saying!

lol at the "jimmy the greek" guy.
    Who in the world says Lesean McCoy is better than Steven Jackson???
    Trent Cole is a stud, but our d line as a whole is far superior imo.
    And our oline is worlds above worlds better than the hodge podge they slapped together over there.
    I honestly would take Kendricks over Celek as well.
    Finally, it goes without saying our kicking unit is the best in the NFL. D Jax has the edge in punt returns, but I'm excited to see Norwood returning kicks.

Some Philly fans are in for a rude awakening!
    lostsoul and ZiaRam like this.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    lol at the "jimmy the greek" guy.
    Who in the world says Lesean McCoy is better than Steven Jackson???
    Trent Cole is a stud, but our d line as a whole is far superior imo.
    And our oline is worlds above worlds better than the hodge podge they slapped together over there.
    I honestly would take Kendricks over Celek as well.
    Finally, it goes without saying our kicking unit is the best in the NFL. D Jax has the edge in punt returns, but I'm excited to see Norwood returning kicks.

Some Philly fans are in for a rude awakening!
    I agree with a lot of that. Who says McCoy is better than Jackson? How is o-line even close given the well-reported problems they've had in camp? D Line is hard to call. If Robbins and Hall play like they did last year, our line could be really good. Otherwise, maybe not.

I think the big issue for us is going to be how the secondary holds up. After all, two of our top three receivers (Gibson and Amendola) were buried on their depth chart when they were in Phillie. They've got talent at the skill positions. On offense for us, I'd expect to see liberal use of two tight-end formations both for running and passing.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

haha this is one game in our first 8 games im pretty confident on. sounds like alot of those guys are biased and couldnt call what the sky is without bs'n. when we sucked i could see and say it even tho i hated to... eagles arent crap but they do have weaknesses!

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

"I would not mind being Rammed by Steven Jackson" ??!! Glad to see Sam isn't the only sex symbol on the team. Dying to see who'll hold up THAT sign at the game. Jimmy The Greek indeed....

In any case, be careful what you ask to get stuffed, my fine feathered friend, especially since you apparently talk out of it most of the time. As do most of these posters, come to think of it.

Unfortunately it's unlikely that Reid & his players will be taking The Rams nearly as lightly. Does kind of make me want to go all Patton Oswalt on them, though.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I expect the Rams to use a ton of screens and short passes. McDaniels will be targeting the LBs and especially Matthews all day. It's nice having superstar CBs, but not much use when the ball goes nowhere near them
    TekeRam likes this.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    I expect the Rams to use a ton of screens and short passes. McDaniels will be targeting the LBs and especially Matthews all day. It's nice having superstar CBs, but not much use when the ball goes nowhere near them
    Superstar CB's they are, but McD should not be afraid to test them.! For the Rams to play well, they must not play too much into the Eagles hands. I say go after Nmamdi at some point, he has not been challenged properly for years in NFL game's.? It's unlikely to pay dividends, but it will at least keep opposing D's on their toes. This is one game where a healthy Mike Hoom......... could have been a real thorn in the Eagles side. Ah well, never mind, I think it could be wise move also, to try and use Norwood and Williams a bit more in this game. I have noticed quite a lot of the Philly fans asking ????? about who the Rams back up RB's are. The fans in question, were all wondering if the Rams had much speed in the back up RB's spots.
    Obviously, its something the Eagle fans are worried about.? The Birds have all the big names in the skill positions! But it's in the trenches where this game most likely will be won or lost.
    Go Rams- lets shut these loud mouth Eagle fans up.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Can someone tell me what time kick-off is at UK time??

Ground dog - shame on you being a manchester city fan. Im a l'pool fan. You lot are looking great this year, so far

Fastcat is offline Registered User

12pm central time is when the game starts

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Ground dog is right that we should test the corners from time to time on comebacks and higher percentage throws like quick slants and crossing routes just to keep them honest, but really I think this game comes down, like so many of them do to what happens in the trenches.

They're still shuffling their offensive line this week. With the depth and talent of our D line, we should be able to overcome the "advantages" afforded to their "better" skill position players. Vick gets antsy when he feels pressure and wants to escape the pocket. We need to contain and not let him escape at the cost of a slightly slower rush. He'll make up for it in bad throws.

On offense we just need to attack their huge weakness in their linebacking corps. I'm sure we can get some push on their D line, and if we can squeeze some linemen up to their second level, Jackson can put the hurt on their secondary players who try to stop him. Further, I doubt that their linebackers could really cover any of our running backs with how Caddy's looked and Norwood can run, so we definitely need to run the screen game to it's fullest. We need to play clock management ball and just tire out their run support with long drives.

If this was in Philly, I would expect a loss, but in front of what hopefully is a very fired up crowd, anything can happen in this game, even with such a talent "mismatch." Let's show them what this little upstart team can do.
    I believe!

macrammer is online now Registered User

it would seem the Rams are in the heads of some of the Eagle fans. They sound a little nervous. WE ARE NOT PUSHOVERS any longer! Let's play ball boys! Time to nut up

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Some good points made, and some typical fandom posts by arrogant fans, every team has them. All-in-all what matters is what the players do on the field, not what the fans type on the boards.

As to the poster who was worried that Gibson and Amendola were previously buried on the Eagles depth chart, just remember, Peyton Hillis was burried on the Denver depth chart, but something tells me their 2nd string wouldn't still be beating him out and the Browns should fret over having to start a 3rd stringer. Amendola was one of the best slot guys last year, there is no reason to think the Eagles slot guy is 10x better because two years ago Amendola wasn't rocking the world yet.
    rampower likes this.

rampower is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    Can someone tell me what time kick-off is at UK time
    6pm,

Second games kick off at 9pm.

But this week is 6.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

What a surprise? Ignorant Eagles fans?! Never seen these before..

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    Can someone tell me what time kick-off is at UK time??

Ground dog - shame on you being a manchester city fan. Im a l'pool fan. You lot are looking great this year, so far
    I wouldn't worry about Man City; they'll fade like they always do. Sheik whatsit is the Dan Snyder of the EPL.

I'm a Liverpool fan, too. Have been since the days of Dalglish and Souness. They are the team to watch get stronger as the year goes on. Gerrard still hasn't played & if they could just get Carroll out of the boozer, they'd push for a title,imo.

And given Arsenal's miserable start, I think Stan has to be hoping The Rams will come out of the gate quickly.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -09-09-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast