Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RealRam is offline Registered User

What to expect Vs. Browns **sigh**

1. Massacre by Browns offense.
    2. Rams offense scores at least 3 TDs.
    3. Tight game by virtue of continuity of Rams defense.
    4. Incredibly, Rams come up with 1st win; among rarest of upsets!

Was going to put up a poll but, what's the use. I feel too bad already.

Your thoughts for possible scenarios or week 8. Browns are 3-3.

...Try not to be too harsh.

Yesterday I saw -- can't remember if during 2nd or 3rd qtr., a play where both Minor and Klop tried to block Seachick's incoming pass rush.

Must say I was sadly disappointed by Klop's blocking effort (I know, it's been said here before). He seemed scared, surprised or something to that effect. If I recall, the result was another sacked Bulger.

I think we might need to place a U.S. Interstate Hwy. type of median guard for pass protection against the Browns. Rest assured they are smelling blood.

Put Hagans on intensive QB practice as of today!
    :x
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-23-2007 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Browns record

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: What to expect Vs. Browns **sigh**

I said it a couple of weeks ago and I will say it again. The Browns aren't the same old Browns and could easily beat us.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsbruce View Post
    I said it a couple of weeks ago and I will say it again. The Browns aren't the same old Browns and could easily beat us.
    So true, RBruce. These are not "your father's Cleveland Browns" -- or grandfather's, for that matter. They are surely coming into the EDJ looking for an almost certain victory and a chance to go into a winning streak because I think they are bound to get hot.

Rams OL, I'm sorry to "have to" warn you, but... Watch out! :x

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Indeed, I don't expect much out of us this week. What I do expect is Linehan getting fired in the next two weeks because that is the only necessary transition we need to make and the sooner we do it, the more time we have to organize our thoughts (F.O.) and sign a great head coach.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I expect to see our first win in my first visit to the Ed! They couldn't possibly let me down.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I expect to see our first win in my first visit to the Ed! They couldn't possibly let me down.
    I'm looking for a close exciting game that can go either way. We play alot better at home. We've had a chance to win all 3 of our home games this season.

This could be the game......:r:l

silentwolf Guest

Okay dont laugh to hard. But i think we will score and show improvement on offense at least hopefully in the running game. Every opponent the browns have faced have gotten a 100 yard rusher. There defense IMO is horrible. Both in pass and rush defense. If we cant score here and get some momentum on offense it speaks mountains of how bad the offense is and Shaw cant have any excuse for Linehan.
    I think we will get a spark going but the problem is the Browns offense. I think they will light us up. There offense makes up for there bad defense and we still lose. But one can always hope they dont take us seriously and we sneak away with a win.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I'm looking for a close exciting game that can go either way. We play alot better at home. We've had a chance to win all 3 of our home games this season.

This could be the game......:r:l
    The Browns are 0-2 on the road. :l
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

Apparently Romberg is out. :x

We all know how our OL has been playing out of synch with so many, many changes -- it's amazing they didn't get double or triple the number of false starts yesterday in noisy squawks house!

That's why I'm seriously concerned about Cleveland sending everyone, all out blitzes, coaches, benches and equipment at us on Sunday.

Those dogs are smelling blood. L o o k ... o u t ! ! !
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-23-2007 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Content

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    That's why I'm seriously concerned about Cleveland sending everyone, all out blitzes, coaches, benches and equipment at us on Sunday.
    Not to mention they'll probably be sending enough fans to have a "home" crowd in our house. I love a challenge, so no problem.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I think that it'll be a shootout(by our standards anyway) and pretty much the first to 28 wins. Yes, the Browns have shown themselves to have a good offense, but they've done it against weaker/not caring defenses, so I think overall, we can hold them, so long as our offense stops thinking that they're Santa Claus, we can win this game.

NyGiantz Guest

We are talking about the Browns defense here. Their defense is atrocious. The Rams should put up points on them no problem.

"Joe Jurevicius wants two in a row" [from the Browns site]

The Browns haven't won consecutive games since Oct. 5 and 12, 2003 - that's 64 games without notching consecutive victories.

The team had two chances to do it this year but lost the week following their first two wins of the season.

Now, the Browns are coming off a 41-31 victory over the Miami Dolphins on Oct. 14 and face an opportunity to erase the long-running drought with a win over the 0-7 Rams Sunday in St. Louis.

Despite the Rams' winless campaign so far in '07, Jurevicius said the team can't underestimate the club, which could have Pro Bowl running back Steven Jackson back on the field Sunday after missing time due to a groin injury.

"They get paid, too. They're professionals," Jurevicius said. "The biggest thing is not to get caught up with records."

Exiting the bye, the Browns are confident at 3-3, knowing they've improved from year's past but still weary of a possible letdown.

For this reason, the team's veterans including Jurevicius are trying to protect the club from the disappointment that could result from underestimating an opponent, as head coach Romeo Crennel suggested they did in Week Three during a loss to the Oakland Raiders.

"Our goals right now are to just be focused one week at a time," Jurevicius said. "We all know we're a better football team this year and that if we handle our business on a week-in-and-week-out basis we can only get better.

"Our goal right now is winning two games in a row. If we can jump that hurdle it'll really show we're learning and we're a better football team."

Jurevicius, who has been to the Super Bowl with three different NFL franchises, knows stringing together wins is a vital part of becoming a successful team.

"No matter what needs to be said by coach or as a group of players we need to work on winning two games in a row if we're going to get anywhere this season," he said.

Jurevicius has been slowed by a knee injury during the past two weeks.

He wouldn't go into specifics Monday but said the injury is "just wear and tear" on his knee. The 32-year-old, 10-year NFL veteran said he'll be ready to play come Sunday's trip to St. Louis.

The Browns know what's going on around the division but still
    will have their attention squarely focused on the Rams Sunday rather than what's going on in a game hundreds of miles away.

"We have a tough division and a tough schedule left. We had a chance to get rested up and now we work on playing a tough St. Louis team."

Will we keep the Browns from winning their 1st 'two-in-a-row'? Or will we go to 0-8 and allow them the privilege?

I hope we will regain a pulse and become ... "a tough St. Louis team".

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

The Browns don't scare me one bit. They are a below average team, with a horrific defense. They are giving up over 415 YPG and 31 PPG. If you take away that 51 point, 554 yard performance against that powerhouse Bengals defense, they are averaging just at 23 PPG and 315 YPG, and most of the rest of that production came against Miami. Derek Anderson is barely completing 55% of his passes and is an INT machine. They rely on the deep ball, and could have problems stretching the field against our speedy secondary.

Should be a close game ....

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

I got Kellen Winslow and just picked up Derek Anderson off waivers in my FF team. That's all I gotta say about week 8 vs. browns

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast