RamWraith is offline Registered User

What going on with the Ed?

Last year we put in a temporary fix to the turf. I seem to remember them saying that they were going to get a permanent fix this year. Anyone heard anything to the status on our carpet? Or am getting half-zymers and not remembering this whole scenario well?

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: What going on with the Ed?

I read something that they were going to change artificial turf to real turf. But i think i read that last year. so it mite be wrong
    Last edited by RamsFan4ever; -07-16-2006 at 12:24 PM.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

As I recall (My recolledtions are frequently sketchy at best), the Rams were looking to find a system that could be removed to accommodate conventions which required access to the electrical outlets in the floor. The temporary fix was supposed to tide them over for a season until the technology for removable turf improved. The Rams were then going to donate the existing turf to a highschool. IF there is new cutting edge tech for removable turf, then surely it will be installed prior to the regular season. I do vaguely recall that Ziggy or some other member of the Rams braintrust, checked out a removable system in Canada, but came away disappointed as the seams were far from "seamless"

:confused:

maineram is offline Registered User

As I remember it when they removed last years turf, they wanted to get the kind that could be removed after each game for other events. The company that installed that turf was working on the kind that turf but was a year or so away from what the Rams wanted. They were going to install the same type as last year, in hopes of getting that state of the art turf for next year. The new stuff just wasn't ready for this coming year, but may be for next.

Maineram - :ramlogo:
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

They should rip the top off the dome, put in real grass, and a retractible roof.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    They should rip the top off the dome, put in real grass, and a retractible roof.
    I agree. I'd love to play on a field outside again. But I can't complain since we have one of the (IMO) nicest facilities in the League.

But like I said I'd love to play outside again. BUT if we weren't on Turf we wouldn't have been the "Greatest Show on Turf"
    RamsFan16