RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

What a great way to end the season.

We were competitive and played a decent game and we still come away with the loss and our hope are still alive for the #2 pick. Jackson had a big day today we need to see him healthy and contributing in 2009.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: What a great way to end the season.

Run defense is a major concern for this team and alot attention should be spent on correcting this problem. Nice effort from our Rams today for sure! Steven Jackson will be MVP next year! Bet on it!
    Who's the best Defensive lineman coming out of the draft? I say grab him!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Well I disagree. We lost. I don't see what is so great about that.

Why does everybody want the #2 pick so bad? We want to draft an OT. Kansas City drafted an OT in the first round last year. They shouldn't affect who we pick. What they can affect is the #2 pick gets paid more than the #3 pick. Which is why I have been rooting for the #3 pick.

Oh and did I forget to mention... WE LOST. We competed, but bottom line is the W went to Atlanta. To me that is NOT a great way to end a season.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The Falcons are a winning team fighting for a playoff bye, and the Rams didn't roll over but made them fight for it. St. Louis might not have come out with a win, but from the look of it the team showed some heart and had some fight in them. A win would have been nice, but at least this wasn't a repeat of the Eagles or Jets game.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    Well I disagree. We lost. I don't see what is so great about that.

Why does everybody want the #2 pick so bad? We want to draft an OT. Kansas City drafted an OT in the first round last year. They shouldn't affect who we pick. What they can affect is the #2 pick gets paid more than the #3 pick. Which is why I have been rooting for the #3 pick.

Oh and did I forget to mention... WE LOST. We competed, but bottom line is the W went to Atlanta. To me that is NOT a great way to end a season.
    Maybe your right maybe we should trade our #2 pick for the 31st pick straight up. Look the higher the draft pick the better your chances of turning around a poor team (Look at Miami). It gives us flexibility to trade down to a lower pick and get a veteran in return or an extra second round pick. It also limits the people on your board that might disapear before you get to chose.

Let me explain it to you this way the higher the pick the better you are had we been 1 pick higher last year we would have got Jake Long for our OL and probably would not be talking about the #2 pick again this year. Several teams think the higher picks are where the more sure fire picks are. So much so that just about every year you see a team trade up in the first round and give away extra picks to do so.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -12-28-2008 at 05:27 PM.