Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

What is this guy smoking?

Found this on an ESPN live chat:

Matt (St. Louis)
    Do you think Kyle Turley will play for the Rams again?

RANDY MUELLER
    I would bet against it...i think that ship has sailed...look for them to trade him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick to a team on the west coast...

Are you kidding me, Randy? Who in their right mind would give the Rams a 2nd or 3rd round draft choice for an OT with a chronic back condition and pedis-oris intrusion syndrome, and a fairly large contract?

Heck if someone came along and offered the Rams a 6th round pick for Turley, I'd take it in a heartbeat and sent the other team's GM a thank you note with a box of Godiva chocolates.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: What is this guy smoking?

no way do we get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Turley. We got a 3rd rounder for Gordon (which I still can't believe), and Gordon actually played a little before going on IR. Turley has exposed himself as a cancer twice now (in NO & now here), has a degenerative back ailment, & tips the scales at 240 lbs. Unless the Shady Acres Retirement Village is looking for a bouncer at their bingo hall, I can't imagine this guy getting an offer from anywhere.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Unless the Shady Acres Retirement Village is looking for a bouncer at their bingo hall, I can't imagine this guy getting an offer from anywhere.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Too many questions will keep us from doing anything but cutting this cancer.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Really, the shame of it all is the fact that the RT position is still unsettled all these years later and MB is probably going the way of KW, relative to injuries, unless lip service stops being paid to so-called fixes.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

bi'queens might give him a shot since he looks like one.I' like a lot of my buds were xcited about turley coming to the Rams.Damn what a mistake it was. :confused:

AugustaRamFan is offline Registered User

As long as the GM that wants to trade for Turley is smoking the same stuff...it does not matter.

We'll be lucky to get a 5th - 7th Rounder............How did he make the horse do that?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

We got a 3rd rounder for Gordon (which I still can't believe), and Gordon actually played a little before going on IR.
    Turley played all of 2003, and was considered one of the better right tackles in the game, from what I understood. Gordon probably isn't even starting material, let alone one of the better players at his position, and he fetched a third. Even if we don't think Turley will go for a second or third, start the bidding high and see if someone will bite. There are plenty of teams in need of a tackle that might be willing to take him on.

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Turley played all of 2003, and was considered one of the better right tackles in the game, from what I understood. Gordon probably isn't even starting material, let alone one of the better players at his position, and he fetched a third. Even if we don't think Turley will go for a second or third, start the bidding high and see if someone will bite. There are plenty of teams in need of a tackle that might be willing to take him on.
    Yes, the fully functional Turley played all of 2003, but the dys-functional Turley played as much as I did in 2004. Not to mention, Gordon at 230 lbs. is nearly the same size as Turley at 240. I'm all for throwing at the high-ball to start the bidding, but if we got any interest, even a 7th round pick in the 2015 draft, I'd take it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

clanram_81 is offline Registered User

I agree with nick ... I believe turley would bring a 3rd or 4th round pick ... but I could be wrong ...
    :football: ... It isn't the size of the dog in the fight ... It is the size of the fight in the dog ...:clanram:

Yodude is offline Registered User

Maybe we can hoodwink Al Davis into taking him, what with their "Committment to Excellence" and all that.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Yes, the fully functional Turley played all of 2003, but the dys-functional Turley played as much as I did in 2004. Not to mention, Gordon at 230 lbs. is nearly the same size as Turley at 240. I'm all for throwing at the high-ball to start the bidding, but if we got any interest, even a 7th round pick in the 2015 draft, I'd take it.
    I see what you're saying, but I think Turley's skill and ability on the field will be enough to entice someone to take a risk. Someone like Tennessee, Atlanta, San Francisco, Miami, etc etc, who need depth on the offensive line. Maybe they trade a conditional pick or something, say a fifth rounder for Turley, and that pick can be upgraded to a third if he starts X amount of games, and upgraded to a second if he starts every game or goes to the Pro Bowl or something.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe if we trade Turley, we would take an accelerated cap hit for the remainder of his bonus, but the team acquiring Turley would only have to account for his salary - his cap number wouldn't be affected by the bonus we gave him. Also, they wouldn't have any accelerated hit if they chose to cut him because he couldn't perform. That's something to think about if you're looking at Turley. But I might be wrong about how that works. :redface:
    Last edited by Nick; -02-02-2005 at 08:52 PM.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude
    Maybe we can hoodwink Al Davis into taking him, what with their "Committment to Excellence" and all that.
    Kinda think that might work for him! :redface:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I see what you're saying, but I think Turley's skill and ability on the field will be enough to entice someone to take a risk.
    Nick my man, I hope you're right......I don't think you are, but I hope you are.

On the flip side, when he was healthy, we sent a second rounder for him. Now that he's questionable, I doubt a team is that generous. But like I said, I could see a situation where we're traded a conditional 2006 pick that starts as, say, a fifth rounder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast