ryanshine is offline Registered User

What the heck is going on with Torry Holt?!

Howdy folks. First timer here. I'm actually a Panthers fan but ever since Holt was drafted by the Ram's, they've been my second team. I went to NC State with Torry and have followed his career closer than any player in my 34 years so I know just about everything about the guy. Unfortunately though, I feel completely out of touch with what is going on this year with him. What I know is that he's coming off of knee surgery and he and Linehan hated each other, but that's about it. I haven't yet been able to sit down and watch a Rams' game this year so I have no insight to what the problem is with his production. All I see week after week in the box score is that he's simply not getting it done. Can you guys please give me the scoop? Is he simply too slow due to the recovering injury? Is he getting double teamed too much? Is Bulger just not getting him the ball? What is it?

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Action_Jackson is offline Registered User

Re: What the heck is going on with Torry Holt?!

Hes being doubled teamed

He isnt getting seperation

O-line cant protect Bulger long enough to scan the field

Bulger is running scared and throws as many good balls as bad

We try to run the ball first and pass later

Deep ball to Avery seems to be the only play we've got at times

He doesnt have the deep threat he once had

He's sulking a little

bigredman is offline Registered User

Holt is playing very much like a player who no longer wants to be part of the team he is on. I think he has been on the phone with Bruce, and is looking to take care of himself to possibly going elsewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Jesus... When I think back to what we had at the turn of this century, to what we have now I really do cringe. I actually think the situation is really quite sad..

I know teams change and players age, and free agency doesn't help with team solidarity. However, over here in the UK, premiership scoccer teams have the same faces playing in their teams for every game (and for pretty much every season barring injury etc..)

Pro NFL football teams are just a revolving door factory for mercenaries. Heck you may get a handfull of guys that stay with a team for more than 5 years, but thats about it.

I listened to D'Marco FARR on the radio the other week, and he was of the desperate opinion that Kurt Warner should NEVER have been let go. He also made several references to other players that really shouldn't have gone anywhere either, citing either greedy agents or poor front office decision making as the real downfall of the Rams.

I mean come on...How awful was it watching OUR Kurt Warner...Yes 'OUR' Kurt dissect and humiliate his own team?!!? I don't need to say much more about that I feel... (

The day that a football franchise is run for what it is...'A proffesional sports outfit' and not a buisiness venture overloaded with over paid 'tanned' buisness executives who pat themselves on the back whilst playing golf 4 days a week, then the days of the dynesty's will return. That coupled with some player loyalty...And I can see us all laughing chocolate again..

Regarding Holt, I fearfully suspect that the 'bigredguy' is absolutely right. Holt has just had enough of very poor team management AT ALL LEVELS. He saw his brother-in-arms and receiving soulmate treated abysmally by an organisation that lacks any kind of class where it matters (F.O.) He also on the downside of a glittering (and very much underrated) career, and he just want's one more chance at a championship maybe. I wouldn't be surprised if he just thinks some of the guys are not making the effort anymore so why should he...

I don't know....

I do know that I love the Rams, always have always will. I know that I for sure have no 'second team'.. And I would still probably sit through another decade to rival that of the 90's Rams acheivments again and again...

Why? because I know how sweet it is when my team, our team, your team, achieve again what they did during a certain twenty week period at the turn of the last century...

Holy cow! those days were better than any fornication I had back then!!

Do YOU remember?

COME ON YOU RAMS!!!!
    Last edited by UK Ramfan 83; -11-05-2008 at 01:47 PM.

maineram is offline Registered User

Frustration, fustration, frustration !!!

On all of the above.

Declining skills but still a solid wideout on the right team
    Pissed at the front office with the Bruce situation
    Sees the Qb with no time with this O-line

Adds up to, "I want out" !!

As much as I like and respect Torry, I'd send him packing at the end of the year to a team that would give us a decent draft pick.

He's happy, we get comensation for a wideout with another 2 years of solid play.

Let's package the, " all world back, but can't seem to stay on the field Jackson", to the highest bidder also........ for all he has the potential to do, he doesn't show it enough to be our featured back of now or the future !!!!

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Torry Holt has been double teamed for probably the last 5 to 6 years. This season he's struggling......Has he lost a step?