RamTime Guest

What in the hell was Bulger thinking?

OK You throw an interception fine. That's something you just get use to being a Rams fan. You run over to help make a stop. Not to smart but understandable. Then when confronted you turn away from the blocker and let him rip you from behind? Just stupid! He would have been better off just going to the sidelines. The Rams would have been better off had he gone to the sidelines. Bulger should have put those pads back on at the half regardless of how his bruise felt. When Martin came in it was over. Everyone knew it including the coaches the defense and the fans on both sides. However nobody knew it better then Mike Martz.

The Rams were 35 NFL minutes from turning their season around and everything came crashing down and continued crashing down on them however I give the colts no credit for their success today. everything was gifted to them from the phantom false starts to the entire defense cramping up at once. (Maybe someone should check to see what the gatorade was spiked with) Ever seen that many cramps in one quarter of football before?

On a side note, Colts will lose 4 of next 5 maybe 6. They were exposed. Their defensive success was directly related to the weak sisters on their schedule. Its no wonder New England owns them.

thoey is offline Registered User

Re: What in the hell was Bulger thinking?

RT, we were beat by the better team today. Has that Pat's loss bittered you that much?
    This space for rent...

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I actually liked seeing Bulger run over there to try and make a play, regardless of the result. I'd much rather see him play to the whistle and be involved in trying to atone for his mistake than standing on the other side of the field as an observer. It may not be the smartest thing strategically, but I think it shows a lot.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

thoey is offline Registered User

Last thing I wanted was him hurt, but to care enough to run and try? I don't begrudge him. Stupid? Yes. Balls? Definitely...
    This space for rent...

shortman1984 is offline Registered User

Yes you are right about the Colts defense not really as good as everyone said they were. What really made me mad was how madden and Al were talking about how the defense was stepping up when they needed to..well not to hard when you have a QB that is scared to get hit in there...Thing about bulger is that he will sit in the pocket get rid of that ball and take a hit like a man.. but jamie martin looked scared to me....there was one play where he looked like he through the ball cuz he was getting blitze i mean he through it off his back leg and everything but there was no one around him... and that one interception that he through he looked like he didnt want to throw it at first and hesitated ....maybe that is why torry holt was not open when he threw the ball...the fact is that we need bulger to be successfull...i like how he took that hit to the shoulder..but i hated the outcome..but if he is out for a while..just kiss our playoff run good.bye.

oh and once again we lose because of turnovers....something needs to be done about that...

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamTime
    ... to the entire defense cramping up at once. (Maybe someone should check to see what the gatorade was spiked with) Ever seen that many cramps in one quarter of football before?
    The fans were right to boo. But the Rams were right to try and game the system too. There may have been a legitimate cramp or two, but it was clear Mammie couldn't keep up with Manning and call the game on the fly. I suspect some of the players took it upon themselves to feign an injury in order to slow down the game and allow the team to rotate players. What do you want to bet so many leg cramps at one time doesn't come up again unless the Rams find themselves playing Indy again?

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Esssh ishh me holdiggggk myyy tungk.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -10-18-2005 at 08:59 AM.

LDJOHN55 is offline Registered User

Shortman,

You're so right about Madden and Al. Matter of fact, since I'm on the Left Coast, I never hear anyone call a game with the Rams that isn't a slander to our team. Madden hates the Rams. How is it that our team's record was 2-3, and Madden & gang were talking about what Indy needed to do to exploit the Rams. You neeevvveeerr hear anyone talk about what our team needs to do to be competitive and regain legitimacy.

Of course, you know my pain form listening to the baseball games too.

Madden is just one notch above that knucklehead wanna-be Joe Thiesman. I hate hearing him. I have to turn off the volume when I watch a Rams or Cardinals (baseball) game.

Lastly, I wish that one of our linemen would have grabbed him by the collar (and asked WTF do you think you're doing?) to save what potential we had going. I was so happy up until that point. I don't think the hit was the damaging blow; I think the impact to the turf was what caused the injury. I watched the Whiners kick Martin's butt out here a couple of years ago the same way.

If LeDamione can throw a TD, maybe it's time to stick Marshal back there. Let's start Fitz back there. Let Vitt, who did a good job last night, call the Defense and fire Marmie.

Running around in circles screaming & shouting.
    ldjohn55
    :clanram: