Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By HUbison
  • 2 Post By rNemesis
  • 1 Post By shower beers
  • 1 Post By Richbert88

Thread: What the hell happened this week?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

What the hell happened this week?

Oh, wait. That's right. We WON. Yay for a week of positive posts around here!

Yes, it's about damn time that the players played like they were supposed to, and about damn time that the coaching was right on. HOWEVER, for everyone who hadn't given up on this team, this weekend is even more sweet!

Also, MVP this week gets split between 55 and 91. Making plays on every down!

I believe!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: What the hell happened this week?

I believe 39 might have a word in that as well.
    HoustonRam and gap like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

mh-i is offline Registered User

The defense did what it was supposed to do keeping the Saints out of the end zone which allowed the Rams to use Jackson the way it's designed. In most of the other games they've fallin behind big early which took them completely out of running the ball.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Monday Morning QB by Peter King on SI.com has Steven Jackson as one of his two Offensive Players of the Week, and Chris Long as one of his two Defensive Players of the Week

rNemesis is offline Registered User

We beat the Saints, 31-21, in STL. Thats what happened. We generated pass rush and were able to match up with their receivers with our corners, not having Justin King ( out with a hamstring injury) out there to stink it up. Thats what happened. We showed up to play for FOUR quarters playing inspired, competitive football, thats what happened. Spags outcoached Sean Payton and Mcdaniels was able to crack Gregg Williams soft but turnover inducing defense. Thats what happened. Feeley made plays and didnt turn the ball over numerous times. Thats what happened my friend this weekend. And the result was a W.

Yeah but really, Steven Jax gets the game ball on O and Chris Long gets it on D. They both played a great game yesterday, and I'm in no way discounting the effort put forth by the rest of the defense ( JL, Darian Stewart, Al Harris, Josh Gordy, etc.) or offense ( BL, Salas, Gibson etc.)
    HoustonRam and Tampa_Ram like this.

shower beers is offline Registered User

So the question I have to ask is this:

What was different from last week? We didn't have different players, we didn't have a different playbook, we had the same backup QB, everyone was healthy, we had the same coaches. So what was it? I think one of the most frustrating parts of our performance thus far is that I KNOW we're capable of playing this way every week, and we simply don't.

Was is Steven Jackson basically threatening to murder anyone who blew it for us? His leadership yesterday was certainly inspiring to see. Was it spags? He looked a little more fired up than usual. Was it Jason Smith on the bench? Goldberg seemed admirable in replacing him this week. Was it Brandon Lloyd getting more acclimated to the offense? His touchdown ad-lib seemed to be a real game changer. Perhaps even Robert Quinn getting more snaps had something to do with it. He definitely brought the pressure all afternoon.

I can't say for sure what it was that was the difference between 31 points and 3 points, but I'd like to see it next week at Arizona.
    Rammed likes this.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    The defense did what it was supposed to do keeping the Saints out of the end zone which allowed the Rams to use Jackson the way it's designed. In most of the other games they've fallin behind big early which took them completely out of running the ball.
    I knew it..........Steven Jackson is a Cylon!

TekeRam likes this.
    Semper Fi!

bruce4life is offline Registered User

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE rams win!!!!!!!!!!!!!

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

MVP def SJ39 clearly but Long and James are def tied for 2nd place MVP lol.After the crappy start to the season this victory was soooooooooooooo sweet i loved every minute of it.
    GO RAMS!!!

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

The cardinals being in and ultimately Winning the world series generated a lot of enthusiasm in St.louis sports, Now being that all rams players/coaches live in St.louis during the season, they are exposed to all the media and radio coverage of how good the St.louis baseball team is meanwhile your football team is winless. . . then the ceremony with la russa and the cardinals at the ED . . . All of that combined is what happend
    Torry Holt Dont play that

BEER is offline Registered User

Were a NFL team..! We should win or come close to winning every game. Here is a wake up call...
    We won A game, not the superbowl. We need to win every game out to make the playoffs i think. with san fran playing the way they are,,,,, its a very shallow chance.