general counsel is offline Registered User

What i am concerned about...

I am not concerned about the offense. We will score plenty of points.

I AM concerned about the secondary. I think we are going to be better against the run and i think james hall will help in the pass rush, but i think we are very weak at strong safety and even with brown, we are suspect at corner. Bartell doesnt look at all like a starter to me and preseason has nothing to do with it. If he cant cover in preseason, what makes us think he will cover when the season starts for real. I love ty hill, but after him, what do we really have?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

MASSIVE is offline Registered User

Re: What i am concerned about...

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

I AM concerned about the secondary. I think we are going to be better against the run and i think james hall will help in the pass rush, but i think we are very weak at strong safety and even with brown, we are suspect at corner. Bartell doesnt look at all like a starter to me and preseason has nothing to do with it. If he cant cover in preseason, what makes us think he will cover when the season starts for real. I love ty hill, but after him, what do we really have?

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    you know whats funny GC, I thought Bartell played alot better and it was Hill who was getting picked on. This is a game Hill should just forget. Also our LBs WW and Chillar sucked tonight, what was up with them? Pisa played like his old self, I really missed him last year. We will really need to improve our pass rush to protect our CBs our it will be a long season, but alot of that has to do with our offense, with our first unit we will be able to control the clock and keep the defense off the field.
    We will be alright
    Go Rams:l

:seasux:

Keenum is offline Registered User

Again, I'm hoping this is because our guys are not going full speed, and that is why we are just looking slow.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    GC, what do you think we should do ?keep working Bartell or look to bring someone in,guys are getting cut but I don't think they would be any better than what we have.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

I could have sworn that up until a few weeks ago most on this board would have said that CB is our strong point on defense? No?

What happened? Are we OK once we get Fakir Brown back? Or is it perhaps because our safeties are not good enough to help out?

....broker record, but I still think Jerametrius Bulter was worth keeping.

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

right now the secondary is borderline mediocre to bad i think. I vote we get asante samuel but he probably costs too much and the pats would want a high draft pick so that's probably out of the question.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Be very concerned.

There are legitimate concerns on our defense.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    I could have sworn that up until a few weeks ago most on this board would have said that CB is our strong point on defense? No?
    Ok fair enough argument, but make no mistake Brown is a MUCH better cover corner than everybody else we have right now. Also I admitt that we could use an upgrade at FS.

general counsel is offline Registered User

i actually think that we are very very weak at strong safety.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

marccat is offline Registered User

I like the fact that we ARE tackeling much better back there but we have to pick it up and I think we will. I like Wall alot and the rook is making coach's look from what I read. In our div. we sure need a tough str. safety, like ya'll said, hope he shows up soon.huh?

Varg6 is online now Registered User

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    This is what irritates me...We get something done on defense and we play well hypathetically at least (hopefully against the run), but meanwhile we start lacking on other parts of the defense whether it be a simple thing like blitzing. Whatever it may be, things seem to get better or worse with other aspects of the defense failing as well. That is what concerns me the most, how many years is it going to take to draft and sign veteran players to finally have an above average defense with every aspect: run stopping, blitzing efficiently, secondary, etc. ????

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

eldfan is offline Registered User

The special teams, why can't we fix that? we got to stop these long returns. I starting to wonder did we do enough to fix the D.
    :ramlogo:

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

i actually think that we are very very weak at strong safety.
    I think the problem is we don't really have a strong safety; we have a player who is no longer fast enough to play free safety. I love Chavous' intangibles, but he never was a big hitter and now he's not looking that great in coverage.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I'm still hoping we can make a move for a starting CB, like I said pre-draft. I wasn't as concerned about the line as much because IMO if you shut down the pass the ground game will be much easier to stop. I also think that an amazing CB frees up a defender as we don't need to double cover so much.