PARamfan is offline Registered User

What I Learned Today

1.Our defense is a vastly improved unit from what we've seen in the last few years and showed it today against one of the most prolific offenses in the game right now.
    2.The trade between the Eagles and the Rams wasn't as lopsided as many thought as Brandon Gibson showed us he has the skills to be an excellent WR in this league.
    3.I like our coaches as a whole this team has been in a mode where they get down but keep battling to the end.I am a little unsure of our OC as some of his playcalling is too predictable.
    Feel free to add to these observations.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Re: What I Learned Today

I agree with playcalling fire shurmur.. And please can we get rid of mcmichael????

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PARamfan View Post
    1.Our defense is a vastly improved unit from what we've seen in the last few years and showed it today against one of the most prolific offenses in the game right now.
    2.The trade between the Eagles and the Rams wasn't as lopsided as many thought as Brandon Gibson showed us he has the skills to be an excellent WR in this league.
    3.I like our coaches as a whole this team has been in a mode where they get down but keep battling to the end.I am a little unsure of our OC as some of his playcalling is too predictable.
    Feel free to add to these observations.
    I agree except I would like to see our special teams be a little better on both sides.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I agree with playcalling fire shurmur.. And please can we get rid of mcmichael????
    There were some questionable runs, but all in all I thought he called a pretty good game. The problem was weren't as affective with the run as we where in the first half. We were doing alot better against 8 man fronts in the first half then in the second we looked more human.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

it seems like mcmichael gets more looks than any receivers we have...why is that? he has done close to zero positive this year, while fells and bajema have done a good job in the passing game when given a chance.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Heck yea, yets fire Shurmur. Constant week to week offensive improvement, averaging 400 yards a game the past two weeks ...

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Here's what I saw:

1. The defense was respectable. They held the running game in check for the most part, forced some turnovers, but more pass rush would have been nice.

2. Our lack of receiver depth was never more obvious than in the last two minutes. Everyone knows we have to pass, but we can't line up with four or five receivers because we don't even have that many active.

3. I'm not sure we have anything in the playbook for third-and-long. Over and again, Bulger dumped off passes to guys five yards away. I don't know whether that's a problem with the play call, receivers not getting open, or the quarterback not seeing the open man...but it's a real problem.

4. Jackson is crazy good sometimes.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I haven't learned anything new today. I just see a team evolving and gelling together week after week.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Avery and Burton is offline Registered User

I learned that when you talk about how good a player has been doing and how healthy he has staying just messes things up! :/

All wish well for Burton to get a speedy and healthy recovery!

I was impressed with how our team played today, I learned we can compete with the best.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I learned that our play today plus the balance of our schedule as shown to the left, we could theoretically go 8 and 8.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I agree with everything.

Shurmur called a great first half, a horrible 3rd and a decent 4th. I don't know if it was that he didn't make adjustments or anything like that. But in the 2nd half, it wasn't creative nor was it near as productive as the first half.
    RamsFan16

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

As far as the playcalling by Shurmur, I think he is somewhat limited. Every Rams fan preaches that we don't have enough talent, especially on offense - and that can affect the play-calling. Shurmur has to call what might be predictable but has the best chance to succeed; i.e., Steven Jackson (pass or run), quick slants, WR hitches, etc.

Once we get a few more weapons on offense, specifically at WR (including Robinson coming back), he'll be able to change it up a little bit more. I'm not so down on Shurmur, as conservative as the play-calling has been.

Some things I saw:

Gibson, of course, looked good. I don't think we'll see many people whining about that trade for the next week.

O.J. Atogwe showed up big after being invisible for the last few weeks. Two turnovers. His sidekick, James Butler also made some good plays.

Justin King wasn't too impressive, whiffing on a tackle (while going for the big hit) and was picked on a few times in pass coverage.

Ron Bartell shut down Marques Colston all day long (assuming he was covering MC).

Last but definitely not least... the O-Line. I love what I'm seeing from these guys. Consistency is building in both the running game and pass protection, and they seem to have solid depth.

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

I confidently say that the rams are NOT the worst 1-8 team. Probably better than a few 3-6 teams. It's all starting to come together!

Toicat is offline Registered User

Less than a touchdown difference against The Saints proves nobody is quitting here. Steven Jackson can no longer be considered as just "very good"...he's in a class by himself. Rushing, YAC's fumble recovery, blocking, and sheer determination to put it all out there.

Defense played well, Offensive line vastly improved...but we must get over predictable play calling...especially in the Red Zone. Our OC and Head Coach must also do a better job of time manangement.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

I thought the playcalling was fine. There were some drives that were killed by drops or Bulger missing a throw but overall the offense played well. How about that call for a run on 3rd and 9. I don't think anybody was expecting that and it worked perfectly. Of course he looks like he doesn't know what he is doing if the o-line doesn't block well and it doesn't work but overall I am feeling so good about the future of this Rams team after today.