Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFan10 is offline Registered User

This is what I want...

Please don't be stupid. Trade Suh with the 1st pick, he IS a game changer, and that is what we need. We couldnt stop the run and Spags is a defensive minded coach, be smart and draft Suh.

2nd round: Please draft Pike. The guy has a cannon of an arm and I think he'll do good in the NFL. Don't draft McCoy, I think he's a little girl and won't be successful in the NFL.

Build up the offensive line. We need somone to replace Barron (I'll be so pissed off if we resign him). We also need Brown, Bell and Smith to stay healthy.

Sign Vick. His TD pass tonight was a great pass, right on the money. If Vick can find his speed back, he will be a dangerous QB again. Let Pike back him up for a few years so he'll be ready to start when Vick decides to retire.

Sign a #1 WR. Brandon Marshall anyone? We need receivers that know how to get open.

Let McMichael walk. Fells has already taken his number one job and I think he's an underrated TE.

Release Bulger and lock up Atogwe long term deal. He is a beastly safety and he needs a big contract. If he goes somewhere else, I guarantee he signs with the Niners since he's dating Singletary's daughter.

I want Amendola to return the kicks next year and I wouldnt mind giving him a few more years in his contract. He's a speedy guy, he's got potiental to be a Wes Welker type of player, he was a great pick up for the Rams.

Thoughts?

rampower is offline Registered User

Re: This is what I want...

Agree on amendola, a great find.

Vick has been discussed at lenght in another thread, I'm not sold on him to be honest.

We do need a 1 at receiver and marshall might fit, but does his troubled past fit spags, I'm not sure, but we could sure use his talent.

I trust that the rams would trade away the 1st pick if a good deal is there, but if not then Suh it will be. I think it entirely depends on what is offered. I just cant see anybody offering a massive trade.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan10 View Post
    Don't draft McCoy, I think he's a little girl and won't be successful in the NFL.
    That's the worst explanation of all time.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AlwaysBackwards is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    That's the worst explanation of all time.
    Agreed! I Just Think That If The Rams Arent Sold On Mccoy Being Our Guy In The Second Then Why Draft A Qb In The Second If We're Gonna End Up Drafting A QB Next Year

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Sign Vick. His TD pass tonight was a great pass, right on the money. If Vick can find his speed back, he will be a dangerous QB again.
    I'm sorry, I never thought of Vick as a dangerous QB. At best, he was sometimes unpredictable. My main question is this: Vick had one fumble, and one pass completed that Maclin ran in for a TD. How does Maclin's talent for running past the defense translate into Vick being a great QB? JaMarcus Russell passed for 3 TD's this season, and nobody considers him a NFL-caliber QB....and that's 3 times as many TD's we're talking.

Before you go saying it's not the same - yes, it is. Neither QB did anything worthwhile in 2009. Neither QB will do anything in 2010, either.

laramsfan73 is offline Registered User

Sign Vick. His TD pass tonight was a great pass, right on the money. If Vick can find his speed back, he will be a dangerous QB again. Let Pike back him up for a few years so he'll be ready to start when Vick decides to retire.

Thoughts?
    Any QB on any roster in the NFL should have been able to complete that pass last night. Take another look at it. The Cowboys let Maclin have the outside route, so he was wide open. There was NO pressure on Vick, and the announcers stated that fact. This play alone doesn't equate to Vick's greatness, and I don't think any team would use this as the deciding factor for signing a QB that could not beat you with his passing. That's why the general consensus around the NFL while Vick was in his prime was "keep his scrambling contained, and make him beat you with his passing."

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    I'm sorry, I never thought of Vick as a dangerous QB. At best, he was sometimes unpredictable. My main question is this: Vick had one fumble, and one pass completed that Maclin ran in for a TD. How does Maclin's talent for running past the defense translate into Vick being a great QB? JaMarcus Russell passed for 3 TD's this season, and nobody considers him a NFL-caliber QB....and that's 3 times as many TD's we're talking.

Before you go saying it's not the same - yes, it is. Neither QB did anything worthwhile in 2009. Neither QB will do anything in 2010, either.
    I'd personally like to know how you could possibly know what any player will do in 2010?
    Last edited by Nick; -01-10-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: First question is fine, the rest are antagonistic and unnecessary

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I'd personally like to know how you could possibly know what any player will do in 2010?
    Let me ask you this: There are those on this board who advocate Mike Vick as the QB who can make the Rams an instant playoff contender. Shouldn't you also be questioning their ability to prognosticate and determine the outcome of the entire 2010 season based upon one play from one playoff game? (Which, BTW, only proved he can still throw a ball. He can also still turn over the ball.)
    Last edited by RamsFanSam; -01-10-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Some good suggestions in there! Here are my thoughts...

Please don't be stupid. Trade Suh with the 1st pick, he IS a game changer, and that is what we need. We couldnt stop the run and Spags is a defensive minded coach, be smart and draft Suh.
    Okay, I'm with you...

2nd round: Please draft Pike. The guy has a cannon of an arm and I think he'll do good in the NFL. Don't draft McCoy, I think he's a little girl and won't be successful in the NFL.
    I don't think Pike has a cannon of an arm. He's accurate, but I don't think he has great arm strength. I also worry a bit about how well he'll hold up at the next level, as he strikes me as a tall but rather lanky player. Having said that, he is an option for the Rams' second round pick as of right now, though I wouldn't be surprised if he fell a bit.

As for McCoy, I don't think it's really that necessary to call him a little girl.

Build up the offensive line. We need somone to replace Barron (I'll be so pissed off if we resign him). We also need Brown, Bell and Smith to stay healthy.
    Agreed completely.

Disagree. His TD pass to Maclin was thrown late, which nearly resulted in the DB recovering from slipping in coverage. I don't think he's a very reliable passer, and I don't think players get faster with age.

Sign a #1 WR. Brandon Marshall anyone? We need receivers that know how to get open.
    Brandon Marshall will not hit the free agent market, and will cost too much to trade for. Most #1's will be retained, IMO. Especially with the free agency changes that will come about in an uncapped season.

Let McMichael walk. Fells has already taken his number one job and I think he's an underrated TE.
    I'm not convinced Fells is a legit starting tight end, but I do agree that McMichael should walk. I'd like to see us find another starting-caliber player.

Release Bulger and lock up Atogwe long term deal. He is a beastly safety and he needs a big contract. If he goes somewhere else, I guarantee he signs with the Niners since he's dating Singletary's daughter.
    I agree with resigning Atogwe, but maybe for four years or so. I wouldn't go overboard on the deal. As for Bulger, I think the team could go either way. He'd be a good stopgap IMO, but in an uncapped year, getting his contract off the books would be nice.

I want Amendola to return the kicks next year and I wouldnt mind giving him a few more years in his contract. He's a speedy guy, he's got potiental to be a Wes Welker type of player, he was a great pick up for the Rams.
    I like him as a return man. As a receiver, I think he'd be hard pressed to be more than the #4 guy here if everyone is healthy, and that's assuming we don't add an upgrade. I don't think you can put him ahead of Robinson, Gibson, or Avery at this point.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I disagree with Vick. It was a trick play the whole time, the defense bit on a fake run. He made one good play, then FUBAR'ed one other play. Shows his inconsistency.

We won't get Marshall, get off your high horse. I think you spend too much time on Madden.

I agree with Atogwe. He does need to be signed. I'd say a four year deal would suffice our need.

Bulger, we can let him go or stay. I don't think it'll matter either way. I personally like Bulger and wish he would stay, but if we are better off without him, thats the way it goes.

Can't argue about Suh, that is a no brainer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Interesting question coming from someone who posted this:

My only response is we'll have to agree to disagree on the subject that is Marc Bulger.

I know he's not the answer and you obviously feel he is. What can I say?
    Aren't we all guilty of making comments like this from time to time? I think it's understood that when we do it, it's opinion and not gospel. Calling someone out for doing it is a slippery slope IMO.

As for Vick at nearly 30, I'm pretty confident in the opinion that he's not going to have a career year in 2010 as a QB, which looking at his time in the NFL, wouldn't be saying much anyway.

The last thing the Rams need to do is waste any time or resources with Vick in the middle of a rebuilding period.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I never thought much of Michael Vick as a QB. He was a guy who could be dangerous with his ability to run the ball, but he was never a polished QB. He saw very little time this year. I guess an argument can be made that he'd be an upgrade over what we currently have, but I personally don't want him here. I'd rather address this need through the draft.

Amendola showed enough promise to get a shot at being our permanent return man. However, he is not a top receiving option.

Yes, offensive line needs tweaking and the overpaid and underachieving Alex Barron needs to be shown the door. Ditto for McMichael, The jury is still out on Daniel Fells. To count on him being the #1 TE is asking a lot.

I think Pike will be available in round two. He has a good upside and if you saw the Univ. of Cincinnati this year, you saw him get absolutely blistered by coach Brian Kelly and respond by playing good football. He's gotten better each year. If we're not in a position to take any of the other QB prospects that will go high in the draft, Pike could be a possibility.

And the risk/reward for Brandon marshall isn't worth the time and trouble. A bad team can't tie it's fortunes to a malcontent.

BEER is offline Registered User

Trade S Jackson.

rayzorram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Trade S Jackson.
    Didn't you mean to say trade for de S ean. Jackson? Since the previous wants are about receivers being what we need. Oops that was another thread but it wouldn't be a bad thought! Of course we had our chance before choosing Donnie Avery. Time will tell how Avery works out. Was it my imagination but I thought Desean Jackson wasn't even in the game against the Cowboys until I saw him involved in a play later in the game.
    Last edited by rayzorram; -01-10-2010 at 11:41 PM.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Let me ask you this: There are those on this board who advocate Mike Vick as the QB who can make the Rams an instant playoff contender. Shouldn't you also be questioning their ability to prognosticate and determine the outcome of the entire 2010 season based upon one play from one playoff game? (Which, BTW, only proved he can still throw a ball. He can also still turn over the ball.)
    Personally, I don't believe there's any QB available to us that can make us an instant playoff contender. We have a long way to go before that becomes a reality, and QB is not the only position that needs upgrading.

I have stated in other posts that anybody who believes we're only a player or two away from contention, is only kidding themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast