View Poll Results: Would you be Rams fan if the Rams sign Vick??

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I do not care about a players personal life.

20 55.56%
  • No - I will not support a team that makes such decisions

5 13.89%
  • Not sure - I would really have to stop and think about my values

11 30.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if??

RamWraith is offline Registered User

What if??

I have been doing a lot of reading on the Pitbull/Vick/dog fighting thing lately and it really torks me off. It brought up a question that I am really made me curious to you and your response.

Would you still support the Rams if Vick was signed after his release?

I am not sure I could after reading how some of these dogs are treated and taken care of. Talk about cruel!! You get a chance do some research on dog fighting...you will be shocked if you haven't studied there habits and what they do.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -02-07-2008 at 07:40 PM.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: What if??

Although I wouldn't be happy about Vick signing on with us. Nothing would change, I have Rams in my blood. Blood is thicker than water.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I would still love the rams no matter what. I'd be a little pissed they signed an overrated felon but it wouldnt be to bad sinc ehed be a back up to Bulger and would only play if Bulger was injured and im sure we'll be getting a qb in a soon to come draft to groom as Bulgers replacement. So signing Vick wouldnt be my choice, since he is a POS(IMO), but i know he really wouldnt be playing much and i doubt hed be on the roster for many years. I will always love the Rams and i will always back them, and as laram0 said, i have Rams in my blood.

viper is offline Registered User

I've been a Rams fan for close to 40 years. Players will come and go. If Vick was acquired by the Rams it would make me sick to my stomach. But, there is no other team for me. They are my passion.

I too have the "Rams in my blood." That appears to be the mantra of choice as far as Ram fans around here are concerned. Maybe we should have some T-shirts made!

BIG-BLUE is online now Registered User

RW, Wow now thats a loaded question. I voted not sure because what he did is just pure sick & evil, on the other hand I do believe everyone is entilted to a second chance to show they have turned the leaf. But this one is hard for me to handle personally. I would also feel betrayed by ownership & there moral values. I guess bottom line is I would be mad as hell, but I do bleed blue & gold.
    Now as far as Vick the player & his talent on the field, I just say no. Never did care for him.
    Last edited by BIG-BLUE; -02-07-2008 at 09:30 PM.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Although I wouldn't be happy about Vick signing on with us. Nothing would change, I have Rams in my blood. Blood is thicker than water.
    my thoughts exactly,but I don't think the Rams would ever get involved with Vick at this point.

For those that would like to get a little education try searching dog fighting and do some reading on the subject, see if you feel the same. CNN is also running a special on their site right now about Vick's dogs.

I thought I too would be all about the Rams before I started to read some of the methods used for training and breeding and what it does to the dogs and their natural behavior. Breaks my heart.

I am not convinced I would feel the same about the team.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    agreed 100% with you on that one.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

laram0 hit it perfectly and i feel the same exact way
    Built RAM tough

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    For those that would like to get a little education try searching dog fighting and do some reading on the subject, see if you feel the same. CNN is also running a special on their site right now about Vick's dogs.

I thought I too would be all about the Rams before I started to read some of the methods used for training and breeding and what it does to the dogs and their natural behavior. Breaks my heart.

I am not convinced I would feel the same about the team.
    it is very disturbing and I won't read it for that reason,but to give up the team you have been rooting for since you were a little kid,thats a tough decision.

You know, I think about Little and his situation and his situation doesn't bother me nearly as much as this does. Talk about an act of total cruelty with total premeditation. Torturing something that has a total commitment to you and would do nearly anything to keep you happy. It is a lot like a child in my mind...total innocence. Man it just burns me!!

Give your dog a hug today ;-)

I would have a real hard time respecting any team that resigns that puke, and it damn well better not be that Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    it is very disturbing and I won't read it for that reason,but to give up the team you have been rooting for since you were a little kid,thats a tough decision.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Laram0 View Post

Roger that LARAM0. Blood is thicker than Vicker.

I didn't vote however, because I would still be a Rams diehard fan that does care about player's personal lives. ...I understand the main point of the question though.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Would you still support the Rams if Vick was signed after his release?
    Yes, on ONE condition: Vick would have to train with a special team, comprised of trained attack Rottwielers and Pit Bulls. Oh, and Vick would be the one who is chained to the stake at the 50.

I'm a Rams fan, not just a player supporter.

Drew is offline Registered User

well there aint jack that would change me being a Rams Fan...but would be peeved at playing a RB in the Qb position...even before the dog killing came out,i have never liked Vick as a player.
    i dont like any of these "circus" players...
    McNabb is ok but Culpepper,Vick,Leftwich etc....ewwwwww no thanks!

i would rather us sign linehan to a contract extension than see that kind of "QB" in a Rams uni....
    and no its not a colour thing....i would take a young McNair in a heartbeat,its just their style of play!

funnily enough my bessie mate whose a whiner...used to salivate over Vick before the dog killings came out,then turned on a dime...my attitute towards him hasn`t changed...

Mooselini is offline Registered User

No matter what I'll support the Rams. Regardless of who they sign.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-07-2008, 08:38 PM