Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: What If The Problem Has Been Bulger, Not Linehan?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    Ahhh back from a surf trip and we got a win, how nice!

I liked this original post, I thought it was a well written and inspired thought. Then I noticed we went down the "he gets paid to paid to be a top quarterback, if he doesn't perfom, then we should cut him" line of thinking and I had to laugh.

On the Stephen Jackson post the popular thought is he is supposed to "suck it up and think of the team first!" fully knowing that they could trade or cut him at any given moment and not getting any money unless it's guaranteed.

So if I get this straight, a professional athlete is supposed to take just enough money to make a decent living, risking lifetime injury and then for making that sacrifice as well as a lifetime of playing the game, his reward is to be slammed if he isn't the best in the world and to be cut and sent to the streets if he doesn't perform up to the expectations of the fans and the team that originally requested their services... Let me pass that on to Marc and Stephen and I am sure one will be the best ever and the other will be in camp tomorrow!

Let me straighten it for you. In Bulger's case, if you make superstar money, then you had better perform like a superstar, or prepare to be slammed. Yeah...sounds about right to me.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

[quote=renrawtruk;238937]Ok, well I hate to be the one to jump straight to this point, but I watched the AZ/KC game on NFL channel last night, and Warner got the start for the Cardinals. The very first play from scrimmage Warner floated a 45 yard beauty to Boldin. The play was broken up by the CB reaching in there, but the pass was dropping in the bread basket on a long streak route. I couldn't help but instantly think how much I miss the long ball with some touch on it. Wow, we just don't have that "shot in our bag".

I'm not saying Warner was perfect, as there were a few errant throws, but there were certain things that just reminded me of how someone who is a "natural" at the position plays....he does a great job of sliding in the pocket (or stepping up) to elude the rush, all the while focusing downfield to find the best open man.

Bulger's frame is such a detriment as he needs his whole body behind his throw. Can't you just picture when he's being pressured and he throws the ball and tries to avoid getting hit by curling up to the left in an almost fetal position??? I hate that. Warner takes the hit, but makes a complete follow-through on his throws. Martz may have got him banged up, but the guy's a warrior, and a better QB that Marc Bulger could ever hope to be, IMHO.

Should we go ahead then and get rid of Bulger like we did Warner. Why not keep repeating history and giving up on our stars as soon as they start to struggle just a little.

Do you not see how crazy some of us fans have become... The Rams gave up on Warner way too soon and it's a good thing the Rams do not have another option or I would be hearing way to much from you Bulger haters....

Go Rams and Go Bulgers

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Let me straighten it for you. In Bulger's case, if you make superstar money, then you had better perform like a superstar, or prepare to be slammed. Yeah...sounds about right to me.
    That's your opinion, I have mine. Have a nice day!

Joe

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Is Bulger a Probowl Quarterback.

What has Lineham done as a head coach..

Bulger is not the problem he has proven he can compete with the best......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123