general counsel is offline Registered User

what an ironic way to lose

terrible right tackle play, debacle after debacle on special teams, no pass rush. Nevertheless, we were in position to pull it out and win and bulger, who was pretty darn terrific all game when he wasnt getting killed, makes one terrible terrible throw. no pressure on him, bruce open, just makes a bad throw, one of two terrible throws out of 56 that he made all day (the other should have been returned for an INT TD and the whiner guy dropped it.

wake up call again on special teams and tough to say what is going to happen at right tackle.

We sure did a great job stopping the run.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: what an ironic way to lose

I disagree about some apsects of that INT, but the rest of the post is spot on, GC.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

My thoughts exactly GC. Bulger kept his composure throughout the entire game, then throws an ill-advised pass into tight coverage. I do think he was feeling some pressure on that throw, but it would have been nice to see him just get rid of it as we had plenty of time and were oh so close to field goal range. That was the worst part.

thrown-track Guest

I doubt very much that Warner would have thrown that pass. I've never liked Bulger and I probably never will. IMO he is a capable back up but is the classic example of a mediocre QB that is surrounded by explosive talent. He's of the same caliber that Bubby Brister and Elvis Grbac were ..... just not as cocky and obnoxious.

Tony Soprano Guest

The FOrNiners flooded the area with DBs.. It's really hard to throw in the NFL when the other team sells out on the pass.

The key is not to put Bulger is so many PREDICTABLE throwing situations.

I'd venture to say if we'd won... With 56 pass attempts we'd be one of only two teams to ever do it..

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Yeah, the special teams were bad the right tackle was weak, the inability to get into the end zone early in the game killed us. To be ahead 6-0 when we should have been 14-0 or at least 10-0 is what haunted me during this game. MM has to stay with the run and wear down the opposing defenses ! throwing 50 or so passes and have only 1 intercepted are very good odds for us !!! :down:

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by thrown-track
    I doubt very much that Warner would have thrown that pass. I've never liked Bulger and I probably never will. IMO he is a capable back up but is the classic example of a mediocre QB that is surrounded by explosive talent. He's of the same caliber that Bubby Brister and Elvis Grbac were ..... just not as cocky and obnoxious.
    Stop right here. This thread is not about this issue.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

rawkhrdr Guest

tough loss today guys. But look at it this way, we lost also, so did the cards and the whiners are leading the division. It's a sad day in the NFC West when the whiners are leading. But there is always next week and then the following one. I'm sure things will straighten themselves out before the end of the year and you guys will get revenge on those awful whiners.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

We sure did a great job stopping the run.
    You can say that again. Less than 2 YPC. That's amazing.

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Ummm... Never mind.
    This space for rent...

theodus69 Guest

Yeah....nevermind, we don't want to stir up old sh#tLOL

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I look at it this way, this could be growing pains. This is the first time in the Mike Martz era that the Rams truely tried to stick with the run. Martz kept going to Jackson even though he really didn't control the game. It was Jackson's first time to be the man and Martz fed him the ball. The O line is not used to that. The WR's to me looked frustrated at times due to timing. They really didn't click until late in the game.

The D played well. They stuffed the run, and we all knew that the secondary is susceptible. Special Teams is still a mystery to the Rams and for that I don't know why. We'll see in Week 2, Arizona really didn't look all that good to me.

Scidog68 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I am SO with you here. Quit it, guys.

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thrown-track
    thanks for this completely idiotic post. you obviously know nothing about the game of football. thanks for the laugh tho.