Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BEER is offline Registered User

Re: What is Jason Smith???

If you as a Pres, GM , coach, draft a LT that high in the draft, they had better plan on them starting at LT. If not, at least the next year. It's a waste if we dont because we could have got a real RT in the 2 or 3rd round.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think it says a lot that Jason Smith didn't start all 16 games as a rookie like Orlando Pace did.

Oh... wait...

Orlando Pace only started 9 games as a rookie.

Hmmm.....

theodus69 Guest

I knew he was a LT put at Th RT position! I knew it!

Birdbrain Guest

A converted tight end.Risky pick.Hope he works out though.How's Eric Young doing?Are they going to resign Barron?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbrain View Post
    A converted tight end.Risky pick.Hope he works out though.How's Eric Young doing?Are they going to resign Barron?
    he played OL for two years in college, not like he was converted from TE when he got drafted

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    he played OL for two years in college, not like he was converted from TE when he got drafted
    Yea, just like Carrikar converted from DE to DT. How did they workout?

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I think it says a lot that Jason Smith didn't start all 16 games as a rookie like Orlando Pace did.

Oh... wait...

Orlando Pace only started 9 games as a rookie.

Hmmm.....
    So what.. You dare to compare Pace with Smith. LOL.....

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Yea, just like Carrikar converted from DE to DT. How did they workout?
    Carriker was only converted after he was drafted..Smith converted two years prior to being drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    Carriker was only converted after he was drafted..Smith converted two years prior to being drafted.
    So what. He still was not the right guy at LT, if he was he would have started at LT. He can prove me wrong and i hope he does. either the coaching staff or the player is in the wrong, and I put it on the staff. Meaning J Smith.
    Last edited by BEER; -03-18-2010 at 08:49 PM.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

So what. He still was not the right guy at LT, if he was he would have started at LT. He can prove me wrong and i hope he does. either the coaching staff or the player is in the wrong, and I put it on the staff.
    So we should... give up on him after one year? Man am i ever glad you aren't running the rams

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    So we should... give up on him after one year? Man am i ever glad you aren't running the rams
    I said he can prove me wrong. Just like Thy hill, Carriker, Jimmy Kennedy, LOng, Flopinstien, Brian lenard. do you want me to stop here or keep going? And if I was running the rams how much can it get worse? 0 and 16. Think about it.
    Last edited by BEER; -03-18-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

So what. He still was not the right guy at LT, if he was he would have started at LT. He can prove me wrong and i hope he does. either the coaching staff or the player is in the wrong, and I put it on the staff.
    "so what" i take that as a question..well you compared Carriker`s situation to Smith`s..so i pointed out the difference..that is what.

i wasnt a fan of the pick prior to it being made..but i support it now..im not one of these fans who will sit on the fence then knock the moves further down the road at every oppurtunity....nor will i knock rookies.
    people like Jake Long,Joe Thomas etc..started at LT in their rookie years because their teams didnt have any other option..we did so we didnt.
    Smith will take Barron`s LT spot and in all probability he will this year..good teams draft players for more reasons than what they can do in their rookie year..Smith was never drafted for what he would likely produce in his Rookie year alone,thats why he was selected instead of Monroe.
    Last edited by Ramblin` Ram; -03-18-2010 at 09:07 PM.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    "so what" i take that as a question..well you compared Carriker`s situation to Smith`s..so i pointed out the difference..that is what.

i wasnt a fan of the pick prior to it being made..but i support it now..im not one of these fans who will sit on the fence then knock the moves further down the road at every oppurtunity....nor will i knock rookies.
    people like Jake Long,Joe Thomas etc..started at LT in their rookie years because their teams didnt have any other option..we did so we didnt.
    Smith will take Barron`s LT spot and in all probability he will this year..good teams draft players for more reasons than what they can do in their rookie year..Smith was never drafted for what he would likely produce in his Rookie year alone,thats why he was selected instead of Monroe.

And those guys did well their rookie years, in fact-- didnt the Wisconsin guy make the Pro Bowl his rookie year?

Anytime someone gets injury and after injury in the fisrt few games of hte season is never a good sign.

I wasnt sold on Spanuolo as a hire, and this regime has done nothing to convince me otherwise-- which includes the Smith pick as well as the influx of past Giants and Eagles to the team.

Im sick and tired of hearing we have no talent-- when we do. Every guy on the team has comparable 40 times, comparable, str tests, comparable shuttle runs, etc.... as the next team.

What the team lacks is the ability to use those gifts, which the current coaching staff doesnt seem to know how to manifest.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I said he can prove me wrong. Just like Thy hill, Carriker, Jimmy Kennedy, LOng, Flopinstien, Brian lenard. do you want me to stop here or keep going? And if I was running the rams how much can it get worse? 0 and 16. Think about it.
    Gotta love Rams "fans" who clearly hate the Rams.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    Im sick and tired of hearing we have no talent-- when we do. Every guy on the team has comparable 40 times, comparable, str tests, comparable shuttle runs, etc.... as the next team.
    Measurables like those arent the same as talent. If they were, Vernon Gholston would be one of the most talented defensive ends/rush linebackers to have ever played. Yet he cant get on the field and hasnt recorded a sack in his career.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast