Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

What Lions Fans Are Saying About The Rams

Here are some examples:

The Rams have a pretty solid, sturdy defense but lacks explosion and playmakers. Seattle moved the ball pretty effectively all game, but could not get passed the thirty yard line. This is the worst front-four we have gone up against yet. Fred Robbins is a beast in the trenches and James Hall is decent pass rusher, but they really have nothing to threaten us with. Their linebackers are completely mediocre, but don't miss assignments and play well as a unit.
    I'm not worried about Steven Jackson, who at this point is strictly a between-the-tackles runner and will this be dealing with big Corey, Donkey, and Sammy.
    We're good. Since Bradford is made of glass, doesn't have an all universe oline, didn't have to read defenses in college, is only accurate on 10 yard passes or less, and was merely a mid round prospect, he'll only be in for a couple plays.
    he will be reaquainted with SUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    Rams could eat us alive with screens if we don't watch for them.
    9-6 is the record of the teams we've faced this year. The Rams have faced opponents that have a 7-9 combined record. We've obviously faced harder teams and I think we're about poised for our first win this week.
    Bradford looks to be decently mobile at the pro level. He isn't a threat to take off and run but he has good pocket presence and moves around to avoid the rush.
    Is there something I'm missing about Bradford? The guy is toward the bottom of the league in average yards per pass, QB rating and is tied for 3rd for int's.. Hell his numbers are damn near identical to Shaun Hill's but we have actually played against 3 teams that are in the top 10 in defense... The Rams do have 2 wins but that has more to do with there defense only giving up 13 pts per game..
    I have heard that the Rams made the right call on Sam a lot! If you watched his footwork at OU and watch it now, he has made a HUGE improvement. One thing you don't know, is if you are getting a guy that is coachable in mechanics and it appears Sam is. If a guy who is good can learn and get better, then I think you feel pretty good about it. I'm not rooting for Bradford to come kill us at Ford Field for goodness sakes, just a guy I've kept an eye on for awhile and think he'll be a good one. It's early, but early results are positive and it's not just my opinion.
    I think you missed some strengths of the Rams. Their offensive line has started together in all 4 games and continuity is a good thing. The rookie OT Roger Saffold has been outstanding, especially in the past two games against Orabko and Clemmons. He allowed no sacks to either of those players, blocking against them about 80% of the time.
    James Laurinaitis may not be elite but he is not mediocre either. He is a solid middle linebacker against the run and pass and the coach on the field for the defense. The Rams have gotten good play from their CB's Bartell and Fletcher. I agree that they won't match up with CJ but who does?
    The game could come down to the QB's. Bradford has been good so far for a rookie but rookies still make mistakes.
    Play press-man coverage on their questionable WR's the entire game. Houston should be able to successfully limit Clayton - Chris has been playing great this year. I don't think the staff is comfortable enough with the Fonze at this point to give him the starting nod, but the atrocious Jonathon Wade should be able to do a decent job on Amendola.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: What Lions Fans Are Saying About The Rams

Well can't say I expected Lions fans of all people to overlook the Rams and feel cocky about a win.

Clearly Detroit fans are upset they are stuck with the real young QB who is made of glass, Stafford, while we correctly grabbed Sam instead of Suh.

And Jonathan Wade cover Danny Ammendola? Good luck with that.

shower beers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post

That stood out to me as well. Clearly they don't know their own personnel! (although they did call him atrocious)

I really want him to get torched on Sunday! He can play well every other week.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Lion's fans... yawn
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Well can't say I expected Lions fans of all people to overlook the Rams and feel cocky about a win.

Clearly Detroit fans are upset they are stuck with the real young QB who is made of glass, Stafford, while we correctly grabbed Sam instead of Suh.

Speaking of Stafford being made of glass, he'll miss his 4th straight game against the Rams.

I got a kick out of the Wade comment too, especially the part about him being able to do a decent job on Amendola, despite being "atrocious". Obviously that poster is grossly underestimating Amendola.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Obviously that poster is grossly underestimating Amendola.
    Must not be watching ESPN, "the catch."
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Must not be watching ESPN, "the catch."
    That's the first thing that popped into my mind after reading that comment.

Obviously Lions fans are going to see things their way for the most part so many of the post are not surprising, but some of them, like not being afraid of Jackson, Bradford being merely a mid round prospect and of course the Amendola take are just downright looney.

In fairness to Lions fans, many of them did have accurate observations on the Rams.

locazn is offline Registered User

Can't wait for the rams to crush them on Sunday...They are highly underestimating the Rams. Not afraid of Steven Jackson? Last Year Jackson gashed them for almost 150 yards!

RebelYell is online now Registered User

This says more about the Detroit school system than anything.

I can't take someones analysis very seriously if they don't know the difference between "their", "there" and "they're".

Jockelite is offline Registered User

I did my fair share of "creeping" on Lions' forums and I am quite amazed of how many Detroit fans think they are going to dominate the Rams. How ever you gotta remember these are the same fans that claim the Lions will win their division and win the Super Bowl year in and year out. BTW the Jonathon Wade comment made me laugh quite alot haha.

Canadian Rams Fan is offline Registered User

I also got a good kick out of the Jonathan Wade comment do they not realise where he came from. I think Amendola is going to school the poor guy.

I really get a kick of everyone underestimating Sam Bradford I am so looking forward to seeing Sam spread them out and just go to town. Every week you hear people talking trash about the guy and putting way too much stock in stats on him.

Look at what he has done so far week in and week out. He has been so good even I forget that he is just a rookie, he will be something special. The only time I am reminded that he is a rookie is when he makes an unfortunate mistake... well were all not perfect.

As for the rest of the analysis some of it was pretty good, but the one on Steven what a laugher. I can not wait to see if Steven is healthy just pump them play after play aside from the front four nobody really stands out. Not to mention their starting MLB is out for Sundays game.

I still think it will be a good game I just love all the trash talking cause some Lions fans are going to be eathing crow on Sunday.

Go Rams 2010

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Sam Bradford = Shaun Hill?

That's funny.

Rampingitup is offline Registered User

Mainly while a few of their criticisms have some validity, it is obvious that most, if not all, of them have not watched any of the Rams games. As always stats don't show everything. At the same time I don't think WE should look at this game as a lock win either.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

The worst part is the Lions have played catch up and has made them look like they are in the game, We on the other hand could be 4-0 and will not take anything for granted!. We lead by a good margin by the forth and they play catch up and we win by 7......at least. I don't think Bradford ever had many meetings with Suh,At least physical anyway....Just a Ha you missed me again. Oh and by the way, Colt (McCoy) didn't know when to let go of the ball, that is why Suh was even so high in the draft. Don't get me wrong he is good but without that game Suh inst brought up that much and McCoy from OU goes higher. But anyway,Our line will take care of Suh. All he is gonna hear is the ball whizzing by his helmet. And say" which way did it go?, Which way did it go?"
    Last edited by theodus69; -10-07-2010 at 06:46 PM.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

As far as have seen, no one on this board has said we are going to come out and roll the Lions, even while they are struggling with injuries. The lack of respect for a division leader (boy I like the sound of that) is rather unnerving. Hopefully the Lions feel the same way, and Sam will show them like he has shown every other team we have played why he was picked ahead of their boy named Suh.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast