throwback week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: What made you a Rams fan?

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Re: What made you a Rams fan?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolRamFan View Post
    My grandpa (who lived in Fallbrook, CA and was a Chargers fan) took me to my first Rams game when I was 5 yrs old at home against the Giants. I just remember being awestruck by the atmosphere and the Rams won the game. I was forever a Rams fan from then on even though I lived in Arizona. By the time we got a home team in 1988 it was far too late as I was locked into the horns!!
    .......Irony

"The horror"

demiurge is offline Registered User

I inherited it. My family was from LA, and even though I hadn't live there since I was 3 we always rooted for the Rams. My first real football memories were of the '79 Super Bowl, then I was hooked. I started reading everything I could get my hands on, and loved the Paul Zimmerman books and the John Madden books later, and that started me into the history of the game. And then I discovered the Fearsome Foursome and the Dutchman and the '51 team with Crazylegs that won with 2 Hall of Fame QB, the Bull Elephant Backfield - and an OL that was 5, count 'em 5 rookies.

Glad to see the team is trending up again. As will my wife, who calls football season 'angry Sunday' for all the cussing I've been doing at the TV screen for the last decade.
    Randart likes this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

My Uncle was watching a game on TV. He called me over and started to explain who the team was. They had me right away as I was mesmerized by the term Fearsome Foursome and the uniforms. I was hooked for life! And then there was Jack Snow appearance on Bewitched too !!!!
    Randart likes this.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I became an NFL fan because of fantasy football and the Big Red has just left.
    When the Rams came I became a season ticket holder.

As much as I love the Rams, I'm a Mizzou Tiger fan 10x more. Grew up watching the Tigers in football and basketball, it is in my blood. The Tigers don't leak news stories that they might move to California.
    Last edited by RebelYell; -11-26-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    Randart likes this.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Roman Gabriel throwing the ball to Jack Snow for TDs and Dick Bass running hard are my first memories. Spent my youth making believe I was them in the front yard. I ended up going to the same high school as Jack Snow. One of his teamates from when he was in high school and possible Notre Dame was our varsity football coach and he got him to come by and say hello to all the teams when I was a freshman. That pretty much cemented my idol worship of him and the Rams.
    RealRam, Nick, live4ramin and 1 others like this.

10m39s80i81t is offline Registered User

I was born Santa Barbara, Ca. Dad was from LA. It was like 1989 I was 11 and sports in Los angeles was pretty exciting. Baseball was my fave probably because of little league so, Go Dodgers. Lakers had Magic Johnson ('nuff said). I remember watching Jim Everett play but still didnt understand football. Im a girl and playing football was not possible then. As the years went by Baseball and basketball lost its luster and when the GSOT came and I had a boyfriend who was patient enough to explain the game and rules. I was super hooked and madly in love with The Rams.
    Randart likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Ah, the why and the wherefore... Thanks Jockelite.

Lived in L.A. in the mid-late 50s and the Rams helmets, those horns ... nice. Back in northern Mexico in the early 60s I kept a close eye on the Rams and when the 1964 uniform was issued in blue and white, well that was just silly super and it hooked and forged me into a die hard for-life fanatic!

- -
    Last edited by RealRam; -11-26-2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Image
    Jockelite and Randart like this.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Growing up near Anahiem Stadium, watching the Rams and my grandfather introducing me to Rosey Grier when I was about five. (To clarify this in case anybody does the math, it was after his playing days. Grands knew a lot of big personalities back then, I believe this was just prior to a round of golf or something).
    Randart likes this.
    Semper Fi!

Randart is offline Registered User

For One I was born in 1951 year they won a Championship in LA! Two was born in Santa Monica, which is LA County the beach area for LA... Three my dad was a great athelete, life guard and golden gloves boxing etc. He loved football and the Rams & UCLA were his teams and became mine in turn. Watched games and learned sports from him and with him. He took me to my first games LA Coliseum etc. So for me it has been a life long experiance following all the ups and downs of this franchise for many decades now. What A Ride, enjoying this team & Staff as much today as at any time to be honest! You guys mention the legends Deacon and Jack etc but do you all remember a guy named Hacksaw, what a great story he was. Something about a car, he was upset with a situation and cut it in half all he had was a Hacksaw at the time and he got that name! What a great name for a linebacker eh? LOL
    Go Rams!
    Last edited by Randart; -11-26-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    RealRam and live4ramin like this.

Trevor is offline Registered User

I lived in Missouri during the GSOT years, so I pretty much went with the home team. It was split between the chiefs and rams, but I went with the Rams because they didn't suck.
    chucknbob likes this.

svh01 is offline Registered User

For me it was family that started it. My older brother & my cousins were fans. So when I was about 4 I was a fan to be like them. Even though my father hates the Rams (he's a whiner, buc & steeler fan). What solidified it was a QB named Pat Haden. Being vertically challenged, I loved seeing a short QB playing. Loved Dennard, Tyler, the Youngbloods, Cromwell. I wanted to be those guys when I played football, but Pat was my favorite!
    Randart likes this.

Mikey is offline Registered User

The Superbowl vs the Steelers. My uncle who's more like a big brother with only seven years age difference, was rooting for the Rams so I did too at the age of nine. Then I watched Jack Youngblood out there and was hooked on the team. He was an amazing player to watch.
    Randart likes this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Im from LA so u can call me a homer. Vince Ferragamo QB our local Banning High School. I've been fan since Ive known what football was and is. Even the distance doesn't keep me from rooting my team.

Go Rams!
    Randart likes this.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

I was 13 during the GSOT and wasn't very much into football. And the rams were my Dads favorite team growing up because Hawaii had so many whiner fans. My dad was always watching them because they were on primetime so much in hawaii and would always give the whiners hard rubs. So i started playing Madden with them also after watching them because they were so amazing. My dad also told me that he was a fan of the fearsome foursome, And Eric Dickerson. And my dad had a bunch of highlight tapes of them from back in the day. Sometimes me and my dad would sit and watch highlight tapes of them every Saturday before they played on Sunday.
    Last edited by hawaiianpunch; -11-27-2013 at 02:59 AM.
    Randart likes this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Besides the fact that they were the local team, I loved the horns. Still, to this day, the best looking helmets in the league. Better when they were blue and white, and yellow and blue, but still great helmets.
    Randart likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast