Thread: What made you a Rams fan?

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Re: What made you a Rams fan?

The '99 season.

#bandwagon4life
    RockinRam likes this.

rams8821 is offline Registered User

Dad and grandpa were Rams fans so I was a Rams fan. Growing up in NY we hated the Jets and Giants. I was a huge Everett, Ellard, Anderson, Kevin Greene fan. Also had a Bettis Jersey.

I went to School at Clemson and when I was there the team took off. I remeber I was going to go to Atlanta for the SB but there was a huge Ice Storm and my car just would not make it. Anyway after we win Dexter McCleon comes back for a hoops game and sees me in my Marshall jersey (I had vaguealy known Dexter from a few classes). Well anyway he takes my address and 3 days later on my porch was a box FULL of Rams SB stuff. Torry Holt Jersey, Dex jersey, pennants, pins, etc. When they switched jersies the following year he sent me the new one with a note that said wear this with pride around Clemson. Always been a Rams fan but that experience was awesome. Best game I ever been to was the 2001 NFC champ game in St. Louis, awesome atmosphere. I watch every game with NFL Sunday ticket, last game I was at in STL was the Cards Thursday night game last year, that was great too. I was at the Carolina game this year, thatw as not so good...

Anyway, Go RAMS!!! and oh yeah please draft Sammy Watkins....SAMMY and SAM show...
    Rams Fan For Life:clanram: :clanram:

chucknbob is offline Registered User

When I was a kid in southern IL my parents raised sheep. Rams are sheep so I liked them. When you're 6 you can make decisions like that.

They moved to St Louis when I was 13 and were the closest to the home team I had. GSOT was my high school years
    Randart likes this.

bltkmt is offline Registered User

I grew up in Whittier (now live in CT), so they were my home team. I loved Lawrence McCutchen and Cullen Bryant back then.
    Randart likes this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I was about 7 when a kid walks into my 2nd grade class wearing a Rams hat. At the time I really had no idea what all the NFL teams were, and growing up near the Bay Area the Whiners and Raiders dominated the market population.

I loved the color and logo so much I started watching the Rams on TV. Instantly fell in love with the team and style of play. Yes, this was the GSOT era and this was the year we won the Superbowl against the Titans.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

For me it was just before the 95 season.

I grew up in the St. Louis area, and got beat up a lot by jocks, so I didn't car much about sports. As a result, I was never a fan of the Cards when they were in town. As I got further away from High School, I started to get more into sports. Baseball was fun when Whitey ran the team, but quickly became boring when he left, and the sport became a pitching duel against the home-run derby.

When it came to football, which was MUCH MORE exciting to watch than baseball, I tended to be a fan of individual players. Fouts was my all time favorite QB before Kurt Warner showed up on the scene. (As a side note, I was screaming to put Kurt in the lineup shortly after he was signed around Christmas of '97) Riggins was my favorite RB.

I became really excited about football coming back to St. Louis as an expansion team, and followed the newspapers pretty closely in that regard. I was so pissed at the league and tagbut when they did everything they could to keep football out of St. Louis (St. Louis was better prepare than J'vil, FL, but the league issued them the expansion team), that I really admired Georgia for having the moxie to tell the gud-old-boy network she was moving to St. Louis whether they liked it or not (sorry LA Fans). So I was a fan every since then.

I have since move to south eastern NC, and I am still a die-hard RAMS fan. I get asked a lot why I don't follow the "home team". I tell them I was hooked by the Horns, and they will rip my heart out if I leave.

gap
    lordwhttgr likes this.

MACD is offline Registered User

Roman Gabriel. Sam Bradford brought me back.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123