View Poll Results: Is Bulger done?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we need to find a new QB for the near future.

27 47.37%
  • No, just blame the O-Line

30 52.63%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    faulk2jackson Guest

what is the majority opinion of Bulger?

I want to know what the majority opinion of Bulger is?

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Re: what is the majority opinion of Bulger?

He is the least of our problems.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

faulk2jackson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    He is the least of our problems.
    But you do admit that he is a problem????

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Could there be a third option? Like, "he has faltered, but the Rams still need him in the short term."

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

I personally believe he is damaged beyond repair. The constant beatings he has taken have affected his play to the point where he might not even be a Top 20 QB in the league anymore. His contract prohibits us from departing with him right away, so we are stuck with him for at least another season.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    I personally believe he is damaged beyond repair. The constant beatings he has taken have affected his play to the point where he might not even be a Top 20 QB in the league anymore. His contract prohibits us from departing with him right away, so we are stuck with him for at least another season.
    Sounds like something many said about a certain Kurt Warner a few years ago, but ah....give him a wonderful O-Line and improved weapons and now he's a MVP canidate....come on guys get real, we just ran a 2x MVP outta here a few year ago for basically the same reasons and obviously we haven't learned our lesson.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

"No, just blame the O-Line"?? Way to have an objective option as part of your poll.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Sounds like something many said about a certain Kurt Warner a few years ago, but ah....give him a wonderful O-Line and improved weapons and now he's a MVP canidate....come on guys get real, we just ran a 2x MVP outta here a few year ago for basically the same reasons and obviously we haven't learned our lesson.

I think at this point, I agree with ManofGod. He's only a couple years removed from being an all-pro, and this lackluster play can't be from being 2 years older.

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    Exactly what I would say.

We need Marc in the short term but we also need to draft a replacement for him soon. I don't think that he'll ever be the player he was again and age isn't on his side, either.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't believe Bulger is done and I also don't believe everything can be blamed on the O-Line. I voted blame the O-line because I feel like that is more of the problem than Bulger.

Unfortunately for Marc Bulger and us the RAMS fans we need an above average O-line or at least average for Bulger to succeed. The Pittsburgh Steelers arguably have a weaker O-line than we do but they still have a winning record. WHY?

1. Defense
    2. A mobile QB

My feeling is that even though Big Ben is under constant pressure he still is able to make plays for the most part and put "POINTS" on the scoreboard.

With the O-line we have combined with the immobile QB that we have it's just not a receipe for success. It doesn't matter how bad or good our defense is if we are not putting points on the scoreboard. Hey, Bulger is our guy and probably will be for the next 2-3 years. We have to find a way to get him that extra second or two that he needs. Our WR's can also take some of the blame in many situations. They have to be able to read the defense and know when to cut off the routes or continue on their respective routes as called.

GO RAMS!!!

zingers16 is offline Registered User

I think that once the o-line is upgraded, bulger will be fine. However, with all the hits he's taken, looking for a young guy in about 3-4 years might be needed.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I don't believe Bulger is done and I also don't believe everything can be blamed on the O-Line. I voted blame the O-line because I feel like that is more of the problem than Bulger.

Unfortunately for Marc Bulger and us the RAMS fans we need an above average O-line or at least average for Bulger to succeed. The Pittsburgh Steelers arguably have a weaker O-line than we do but they still have a winning record. WHY?

1. Defense
    2. A mobile QB

My feeling is that even though Big Ben is under constant pressure he still is able to make plays for the most part and put "POINTS" on the scoreboard.

With the O-line we have combined with the immobile QB that we have it's just not a receipe for success. It doesn't matter how bad or good our defense is if we are not putting points on the scoreboard. Hey, Bulger is our guy and probably will be for the next 2-3 years. We have to find a way to get him that extra second or two that he needs. Our WR's can also take some of the blame in many situations. They have to be able to read the defense and know when to cut off the routes or continue on their respective routes as called.

GO RAMS!!!
    Completely agree.

And then add into the mix that he's the highest paid Ram of all-time, and you have a recipe for disaster, which is what the Rams are at this point.

It's virtually impossible to be forgiving of a man in his position, particularly for those of us who feel he is as grossly overpaid for his talents as there is in football.

He's an above average to good QB under any circumstance, and he's being paid like a franchise QB.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -11-13-2008 at 02:43 AM.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Good point but Warner was not very good when he left us. He went to NY and was awful, Manning took over and the team improve a great deal. He was almost out of AZ to before the team came together. Bulger has lost something he don't seem to have the mental make up to lead a team. Our line has been bad but if you think you can lay every thing on the line and say Bulger is the same I would disagree.
    :ramlogo:

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Any great offensive line makes any QB look good or even great. Can anyone say Trent Dilfer was a great QB for the Ravens during their SB run?

Bulger's weakness:
    *Not very Mobile
    *Not very out spoken
    *Has picked up some bad tendencies
    *isn't very comfortable in the pocket
    Bulgers Strengths:
    *Very dead-on accurate
    *Great down the field range
    *Intelligent, learns plays and schemes well
    *He is supported by other team members

Just look at the Titans and see what they are doing right. They have a punishing o-line that moves the ball on the ground and protect a 2nd rate QB hense they are undefeated. Other clubs like the Giants, field a strong o-line.

Asking if Bulger is done is like asking if Steelers Rottsburg is done

Whats it been these last 5 years for the Rams in terms of draft? DEFENSE-and skill possitions mostly? Regardless of what one thinks of Bill the Tuna Parcels, he understands that a o-line is the foundation to an offense. His successes all start with getting the O-line to jell into a unit.

FO has been a serious bust for the Rams, Linehan a bust, and over-all strategy a bust. The Rams haven't seen much of a return on their investment from all the attention paid to defense--case in point the Jets/Rams game

A team can buy a defense with one or two free agent pickups and a couple of good draft picks, like Chris Long. But building an offensive line is much harder--you have to get 2 OTs, 2 Gs, 1 C, 1-2 TEs that function as one unit and have a couple of solid backups to fill in for injuries.

Put Bulger behind a Titans type O-line and you can say MVP

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Is Bulger the 'problem'? Partly
    Is the OL the problem? Partly
    Is the defense the problem? Partly
    Special teams? Partly.
    Coaching? Partly.
    Front office? Partly.
    Ownership? Unclear, but partly.
    Shoot, undoubtedly even the trainers and PR staff are partly to blame?

When we stink as bad as we do everyone associated with the team has some culpability and carries some stench?

Was Bulger EVER a SB QB? I would have to say no. He was a Pro-Bowl QB when he was given time to throw but rarely, IMHO, showed the fire or desire that the 'leaders' wear on their sleeves.

For good or bad, right or wrong, the QB's, RB's, and WR's in this league get the disproportionate amount of monetary rewards and in doing so must accept the bulk of the blame. Indeed the strength of any team starts in the OL.

However, that being said, good play calling and play execution will help the line to appear better than it might otherwise be. Then maybe the grunts and the glory hounds might fed off each other's energy and be all they can be.

Maybe there is animosity in the locker room? Poor team chemistry? Players have to like each other and want to help each other out. Professionalism and ability only go so far (I realize it appears at times we are sorely lacking in both).

Well, I tend to ramble incoherently at times so I'll stop. Be thankful I don't do it more than I already do...
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast