View Poll Results: Is Bulger done?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we need to find a new QB for the near future.

27 47.37%
  • No, just blame the O-Line

30 52.63%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: what is the majority opinion of Bulger?

Both Bulger and the o-line have room for improvement.

I agree that with a solid o-line, Bulger will play better than right now. But, the o-line doesn't completely make the QB. Sure the o-line gives the QB more time to throw, and makes him healthy, but the QB has to have ABILITY. We cannot have a great o-line, then stuff some mediocre or below average QB in there. That QB will not play well, even with good pass protection.

What I'm saying is, the o-line gives the QB time. But does the QB have the ability to do anything with that time?

faulk2jackson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    It's no secret that I am probably the biggest Marc Bulger fan here on the ClanRam. My opinion of Marc Bulger is much like most of America. He is America's quarterback. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't ask myself; WWMBD? Many of the NFL QB icons owe their existence to Marc. Dan Marino, John Elway, Joe Montana, Dan Fouts, and others borrowed their perennial pro bowl play from the example Marc gave in his pop warner and high school brilliance.

The way his expression never changes, never showing emotion, never giving any indication that he actually enjoys playing football demonstrates a leadership style that others can only emulate and only serves to inspire and motivate his teammates and fans.

I love you Marc Bulger.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ventesette View Post

Eli's QB rating was historically low at 55.
    2006-thru 2008 I dont know where you get your facts.

Ratings 77,73,88, last 3 years.

Player Team Pos Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+
    Manning NYG QB 301 522 57.7 32.6 3,244 6.2 202.8 24 18 163 31.2 55T 33 8 25 77.0
    Eli Manning NYG QB 297 529 56.1 33.1 3,336 6.3 208.5 23 20 165 31.2 60T 36 6 27 73.9
    Eli Manning NYG QB 170 281 60.5 31.2 1,926 6.9 214.0 14 6 97 34.5 41 22 1 11 88.8
    Last edited by eldfan; -11-13-2008 at 10:51 AM.
    :ramlogo:

Ventesette is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    2006-thru 2008 I dont know where you get your facts.

Ratings 77,73,88, last 3 years.

Player Team Pos Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+
    Manning NYG QB 301 522 57.7 32.6 3,244 6.2 202.8 24 18 163 31.2 55T 33 8 25 77.0
    Eli Manning NYG QB 297 529 56.1 33.1 3,336 6.3 208.5 23 20 165 31.2 60T 36 6 27 73.9
    Eli Manning NYG QB 170 281 60.5 31.2 1,926 6.9 214.0 14 6 97 34.5 41 22 1 11 88.8

Is this a joke? What on earth do the last 3 years have to do with anything? I'm from New York. I was there. I remember, but I can look them up.

The post I replied to said that Warner was bad with the Giants and they immediately improved under Manning. In '04 Warner started 9 games and Eli 7. Warner had an 86.5 rating compared to Eli's 55. In fact, even though you cherry picked your stats, only last year did Eli (barely) surpass Warner's numbers with the Giants. If you think the Giants that won the Super Bowl are the same team Warner had, maybe you should remember what the Rams were like in '04 compared to now. I notice you ignore Eli's 1-6 record. Warner was 5-4 with the same team.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

I don't think Bulger is the problem. Its hard to play well when on your back.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    The way his expression never changes, never showing emotion, never giving any indication that he actually enjoys playing football demonstrates a leadership style that others can only emulate and only serves to inspire and motivate his teammates and fans.
    Sounds kind of like Johnny Unitas. He wasn't very good either, was he?

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ventesette View Post
    Is this a joke? What on earth do the last 3 years have to do with anything? I'm from New York. I was there. I remember, but I can look them up.

The post I replied to said that Warner was bad with the Giants and they immediately improved under Manning. In '04 Warner started 9 games and Eli 7. Warner had an 86.5 rating compared to Eli's 55. In fact, even though you cherry picked your stats, only last year did Eli (barely) surpass Warner's numbers with the Giants. If you think the Giants that won the Super Bowl are the same team Warner had, maybe you should remember what the Rams were like in '04 compared to now. I notice you ignore Eli's 1-6 record. Warner was 5-4 with the same team.
    First of all before you start question my Rams knowledge I been a loyal fan sence 77 so I remember how the rams were thru serveral decades. Warner regress for a while he had problem with ints and fumbles. Manning was the future, I can not blame them. It look like it work out to me. Warner looks like the MVP of the league but he had some problem before he re-gain his form. Bulger looks like Warner did serveral years ago to me. Bulger seem shell shock and lost some confidants. Oh and I do check my facts before I post.
    :ramlogo:

Ramer is offline Registered User

I like Bulger, two years ago I would have ranked him in the top 5 active QBs. But I think he has taken such a beating over the last 2 years he's rushing his throws.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ramer View Post
    I like Bulger, two years ago I would have ranked him in the top 5 active QBs. But I think he has taken such a beating over the last 2 years he's rushing his throws.
    To me, this is one of the more honest assessments...
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Ventesette is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    First of all before you start question my Rams knowledge I been a loyal fan sence 77 so I remember how the rams were thru serveral decades. Warner regress for a while he had problem with ints and fumbles. Manning was the future, I can not blame them. It look like it work out to me. Warner looks like the MVP of the league but he had some problem before he re-gain his form. Bulger looks like Warner did serveral years ago to me. Bulger seem shell shock and lost some confidants. Oh and I do check my facts before I post.
    I'm not questioning your Rams knowledge. I'm actually questioning your Giants knowledge. My "facts" were/are 100% correct. They are facts. I can't blame the Giants for going with Manning after all they invested in him either. I also don't blame the Rams for going with Bulger. That doesn't change the FACT that Warner was better in NY than Manning. In fact, according to YOUR facts, Manning has NEVER played better than Warner in NY until this year. If you like to check things so much, check Eli v. Warner the last few years and you'll see. BTW, the Giants O line is nothing to joke about now and that's probably the main reason for Eli's success.

It's irrelevant to the Bulger discussion at this point, but apparently there is still a sore spot about Warner around here one way or the other. Bulger may have lost confidence, but these guys can recover quickly if the O line comes around. It's on the OC to develop and call plays that can develop confidence in the entire offense.
    Last edited by Ventesette; -11-13-2008 at 07:55 PM.

MauiRam1 is offline Registered User

Bulger's leadership skills are suspect. Warner was a much better leader on field. You can't respect someone who's making beaucoup bux more than you and throws like a *****!

makersncoke is offline Registered User

IMO Bulger is a good QB, maybe not worth the bucks we're paying him but a good QB nonetheless. That being said Marc is not the type of player who can carry a team on his back or help snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. When given time to throw and with receivers who can get open he will pick a defense apart and when the opposite happens then you have what we have now. It's is sort of like entering a Ferrari in a mud run, does it mean the Ferrari is a piece of crap when it gets stuck in the mud? No it just means it's not in the right environment to win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Sounds kind of like Johnny Unitas. He wasn't very good either, was he?
    Not even close. Unitas called his own plays, Bulger can't even audible. Unitas was called "Mr. Clutch". What nickname has Bulger earned? Unitas’ career statistics include 40,239 yards and 290 touchdowns passing. His record of at least one touchdown pass in 47 consecutive games may stand forever. A genuine team player, Unitas was a first- or second-team All-NFL choice eight years, selected NFL Player of the Year three times, and named to 10 Pro Bowls. Does that sound like Bulger? I saw Unitas throw a ball at a defensive lineman after the play had been called dead and the lineman had swatted him in the shoulder and head as he went by. I also remember seeing Unitas get in his player's faces numerous times during games both on the field and on the sidelines. The man was cool in the huddle and pocket, but played with alot of emotion on the field and sidelines. I'll give you this...that comparison puts you at the top of the Bulger apologists! Bulger = Johnny U? My oh my!
    Last edited by bigredman; -11-13-2008 at 08:46 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is offline Registered User

Not even close. Unitas called his own plays, Bulger can't even audible. Unitas was called "Mr. Clutch". What nickname has Bulger earned?

Unitas’ career statistics include 40,239 yards and 290 touchdowns passing. His record of at least one touchdown pass in 47 consecutive games may stand forever. A genuine team player, Unitas was a first- or second-team All-NFL choice eight years, selected NFL Player of the Year three times, and named to 10 Pro Bowls. Does that sound like Bulger?

I saw Unitas throw a ball at a defensive lineman after the play had been called dead and the lineman had swatted him in the shoulder and head as he went by. I also remember seeing Unitas get in his player's faces numerous times during games both on the field and on the sidelines.

The man was cool in the huddle and pocket, but played with alot of emotion on the field and sidelines. I'll give you this...that comparison puts you at the top of the Bulger apologists!

Bulger = Johnny U? My oh my!

-- BigRedMan

Ah, BRM, Johnny U was truly one of a kind! Passer, leader, football character. Epitomy of a legend.

Even as an avid, diehard Rams fan I was sad to see him go to San Diego when he was near retirement. Sad too to see his deformed hands and fingers in the end but ... what a figure of the NFL.

Great games between the mighty Colts of Baltimore and the formidable Rams of L.A. mid, late 60s!
    Last edited by RealRam; -11-13-2008 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Quote

Chris58 is offline Registered User

I think you do start considering a replacement for Bulger.

Many have posted the similarity between what we did with Warner and what we might do with Bulger as a reason to give Bulger more chances as our QB. But something I see as a major difference between Warner and Bulger is critical. With Kurt, his body was racked with injury but his determination and inner strength were unquestioned and never wavered. Kurt is the ultimate warrior. Bulger is also racked with injury but his psyche is much weaker. Bulger has shown a propensity to cave in mentally much too easily. When faced with adversity during a game, he doesn't seem capable of rallying the troops to fight on. He seems to go into a shell. Aside from the Redskins/Cowboys games, he has shown little fight. That is why I feel it was a mistake to let Warner go and a mistake to continue to hold on to Bulger at this point

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123