View Poll Results: Why is this year's progress more indicative of a bright future than 2010?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeff Fisher's leadership.

    17 41.46%
  • This year's wins came against better competition.

    1 2.44%
  • The Rams key players are younger, and have more upside, than in 2010.

    8 19.51%
  • We have stockpiled draft picks to build up the roster more.

    4 9.76%
  • Better ownership and front office.

    7 17.07%
  • Some other reason (describe).

    3 7.32%
  • I'm not convinced that this year is any different from 2010.

    0 0%
  • 2010 and 2012 part of same rebuilding trend. 2011 was an anomaly brought on by injuries.

    1 2.44%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What makes 2012 different from 2010?

  1. #16
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,155
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: What makes 2012 different from 2010?

    Jeff Fisher is building our team the way he sees fit. He wants winners and I really believe even he feels like we have done better this season than he expected. The simple answer for me is Jeff Fisher's leadership. His leadership spreads throughout our team/franchise not just on the practice and game fields.


  2. #17
    J-RodRamFan's Avatar
    J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    DMV- Maryland
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: What makes 2012 different from 2010?

    Other reasons not listed; our defense is much better and we can still finish over .500.

  3. #18
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,277
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: What makes 2012 different from 2010?

    Well, I know this isn't what AV wanted, but it's NOT any ONE of those things.

    It's ALL of them. Not any one of those will make a difference by themselves unless all of them come together. It's what seperates the good organizations from the Rams of the past years under GF and Co.

    Jeff Fisher's leadership provided much needed game-time adjusting and game managing/planning that was missing in prior staffs. He's also responsible for putting together a better staff, and combined with Better ownership and front office the Rams key players are younger, and have more upside, than in 2010.

    Also because of the Better ownership and front office, We have stockpiled draft picks to build up the roster more. This should prevent a slide back into the cellar next year, as was not the case before.

    It is sweeter that This year's wins came against better competition, but it actually was more difficult this year to achieve the W-L record than it was in 2010.

    You also cannot ignore that 2011 was an anomaly brought on by injuries. It was still a team going nowhere, but let's face it, the Rams had more than their fair share of injuries to CB's and O-linemen. This year, we've faired far better.

    However, with that being said...

    I'm not convinced that this year is any different from 2010. I'm fairly certain the Rams are finally headed in the right direction but only time will tell. A rash of injuries next year, a more difficult schedule, missed draft selections, a better division, ALL could doom the Rams in 2013 and another 2-5 win season. I'm not saying it will, and I doubt it will, but until I see it, well.... let's just say this isn't my first rodeo.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  4. #19
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,494
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: What makes 2012 different from 2010?

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Well, I know this isn't what AV wanted, but it's NOT any ONE of those things.

    It's ALL of them. Not any one of those will make a difference by themselves unless all of them come together. It's what seperates the good organizations from the Rams of the past years under GF and Co.

    Jeff Fisher's leadership provided much needed game-time adjusting and game managing/planning that was missing in prior staffs. He's also responsible for putting together a better staff, and combined with Better ownership and front office the Rams key players are younger, and have more upside, than in 2010.

    Also because of the Better ownership and front office, We have stockpiled draft picks to build up the roster more. This should prevent a slide back into the cellar next year, as was not the case before.

    It is sweeter that This year's wins came against better competition, but it actually was more difficult this year to achieve the W-L record than it was in 2010.

    You also cannot ignore that 2011 was an anomaly brought on by injuries. It was still a team going nowhere, but let's face it, the Rams had more than their fair share of injuries to CB's and O-linemen. This year, we've faired far better.

    However, with that being said...

    I'm not convinced that this year is any different from 2010. I'm fairly certain the Rams are finally headed in the right direction but only time will tell. A rash of injuries next year, a more difficult schedule, missed draft selections, a better division, ALL could doom the Rams in 2013 and another 2-5 win season. I'm not saying it will, and I doubt it will, but until I see it, well.... let's just say this isn't my first rodeo.
    So, when you go to a restaurant and look at the menu, you simply say: "yes."
    laram0 likes this.

  5. #20
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,155
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: What makes 2012 different from 2010?

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    So, when you go to a restaurant and look at the menu, you simply say: "yes."
    WOW! I thought I was the only one!

  6. #21
    mde8352gorams's Avatar
    mde8352gorams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,683
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: What makes 2012 different from 2010?

    I think Ramfanraiderhater makes some valid points. He doesn't need me to defend him, but the truth is there isn't 1 thing that makes 2012 better than 2010, it's a combination of things. It is likely most evident that Jeff Fisher has provided the leadership, but he did that with the talent his FO provided and the money that ownership provided for FA's.

    Go Rams!

  7. #22
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,494
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: What makes 2012 different from 2010?

    Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    I think Ramfanraiderhater makes some valid points. He doesn't need me to defend him, but the truth is there isn't 1 thing that makes 2012 better than 2010, it's a combination of things. It is likely most evident that Jeff Fisher has provided the leadership, but he did that with the talent his FO provided and the money that ownership provided for FA's.
    Of course its a combination of things. But, since I didn't make this a multiple choice poll, I think its pretty clear that I was asking people to identify the single most influential factor.

  8. #23
    mde8352gorams's Avatar
    mde8352gorams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,683
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: What makes 2012 different from 2010?

    I just felt he didn't need to be lampooned for offering his opinion. Nothing more nothing less.

    Go Rams!

  9. #24
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,494
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: What makes 2012 different from 2010?

    Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    I just felt he didn't need to be lampooned for offering his opinion. Nothing more nothing less.

    Go Rams!
    Why... so... SERIOUS!

  10. #25
    richtree's Avatar
    richtree is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,122
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: What makes 2012 different from 2010?

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I think many of the choices are valid, but for me the key is youth.

    I see a ton of upside in guys like Givens, Brockers, Jenkins and Quinn, and I think other players, such as Bradford, Long and Laurinaitis are just reaching their prime.
    I will take this comment one further...youth and athleticism -- The game is fast and furious and the Rams weren't keeping up....ONE MORE GOOD OFF-Season !!!! please!

  11. #26
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,598
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: What makes 2012 different from 2010?

    I chose the first six.

    Added to the mix, is the fact that we have a more mature and better Sam Bradford going into next year versus the one who went into 2011.

    Don't make me eat those words Sam!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. BBQ Makes a Mock
    By Bar-bq in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -01-02-2007, 04:03 AM
  2. One Ram makes all rookie team
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: -01-17-2006, 11:22 AM
  3. What makes a Ram Fanatic?
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -08-20-2004, 11:36 PM
  4. Makes me sick
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: -11-26-2001, 12:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •