RamWraith is offline Registered User

What is Marmie thinking??

After 2 days of sulking and watching the game again I am more irritated at Marmie than anyone. The guy put ZERO pressure on the Falcons and seldom blitzed. WHY? I didn't like the Marmie pick up when it happened and now I am beginning to realize why.

I found this out of an Atlanta Paper:

Where’s the blitz?
    Count McClure among those surprised that the Rams rarely blitzed the Falcons, who’ve had problems handling it at times in the preseason, and against the ***** on Sept. 12.

“I was [surprised],” the center said. “I think everybody was. We thought at some point they were going to make some sort of change to offset what we were doing.”

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is Marmie thinking??

Someone needs to tell Marmie that, when your offense is moving the ball, its better to blitz and get burned, then never to blitz at all.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Who are you going to blitz? Pisa? He's the only one stopping anyone when they get past the front four. Aeneas? Who is going to back up the banged up secondary? Arch? He can't tackle a Happy Meal right now.

We just don't have the personnel to dictate play on the D side of the ball.

SO what your saying is that we can't blitz these people because everyone else sucks? Not sure I agree with this rational. To me what we were doing wasn't working what do we have to loose???

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Who are you going to blitz? Pisa? He's the only one stopping anyone when they get past the front four. Aeneas? Who is going to back up the banged up secondary? Arch? He can't tackle a Happy Meal right now.

We just don't have the personnel to dictate play on the D side of the ball.

Guess nothing J. I just think we are very bad on the D side of the ball now. Arch for whatever reason is tanking, the draft of 2001 is shaping up to be a bust finally, we have no one in the secondary, and our LB's aren't very good except for Pisa.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

In defense of Archuleta, he was reportedly having back spasms during the week, and that may have hindered his ability to adjust to Vick's lightning fast cuts (does not excuse him on the FB whiff, though).

I think the Rams do need to find a way to mix in more blitzes. Its risky, particularly with the D's thin ranks due to injuries, but you can't just let offenses march down the field and keep Bulger/Bruce/Holt and Co. off the field.

I don't know I guess...I'm just stupified.

Agree,

We should almost be in a high risk mode right now. We have issues and not having corners are going to kill us. I say we need to blitz and then blitz some more. We get beat deep, then so be it. IT should be a feast or famine mentality and hope our offense can put up the points.

ALSO, Linebackers with no intensity is not going to cut it in this league. Middle linebacker has been a issue for us for 3 years and Thomas is not the answer. He couldn't light a fire under a burning bed.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I think the Rams do need to find a way to mix in more blitzes. Its risky, particularly with the D's thin ranks due to injuries, but you can't just let offenses march down the field and keep Bulger/Bruce/Holt and Co. off the field.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    In defense of Archuleta, he was reportedly having back spasms during the week, and that may have hindered his ability to adjust to Vick's lightning fast cuts (does not excuse him on the FB whiff, though).
    I'd like to give him the benefit of doubt for playing thru pain. Because atrocious doesn't describe his play. He got ear-holed, man-handled, faked out his gourd and stiff-armed. The only comfort he can take from the game is that his reputation preceded him to the point that he was obviously a target all day for blockers. They tattooed "My Beotch" on his asss but good.