View Poll Results: What are the THREE most significant causes of the Rams' demise?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not as much talent as we thought.

13 18.57%
  • Injuries that slowed offense (SJax, Bradford, Amendola, etc.)

24 34.29%
  • Injuries that gutted defense (Bartell, Fletcher, etc.)

42 60.00%
  • Killer early schedule.

24 34.29%
  • Difficulty transitioning to McDaniels' offense in short offseason.

26 37.14%
  • Regression of offensive line.

31 44.29%
  • Lack of offseason focus on obtaining playmakers.

7 10.00%
  • Failure of "bargain basement" FA approach (Leber, Poppinga, C.Williams, Bannan)

7 10.00%
  • "Culture" of losing still lingers.

6 8.57%
  • Poor coaching.

15 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What are the most significant factors that have caused the Rams' demise?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

What are the most significant factors that have caused the Rams' demise?

PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE VOTING ON THE POLL.

I am listing what I believe are the most plausible explanations for the Rams' failure to perform in a manner consistent with the expectations raised by last year's 7-9 turnaround and what was regarded by most as a good offseason.

THE POLL IS MULTIPLE CHOICE, BUT I WANT YOU TO VOTE FOR NO MORE THAN THREE OF THE CHOICES LISTED. THE GOAL IS TO RANK THE POSSIBLE CAUSES.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: What are the most significant factors that have caused the Rams' demise?

To me, the single biggest problem has been the poor play of the offensive line.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

You didn't list the choice that is the 900 lb. elephant in the room: The regression of Sam Bradford. As a result I was only able to vote for two of the choices listed.

While all of the choices you put are valid, I think it is obvious at this point that lack of progress of Sam Bradford needs to be included.

WHAT SAY YE?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

All of the above to some extent.

My #1 is the difficulty transitioning to McDaniels offense. This has had an effect on everyone. I feel like the O-line gets a bad rap because Bradford and the receivers don't have the system down yet.
    Bradford is holding onto the ball longer than he did last season and he's not rolling out at all. All of which puts more pressure on the O-line.

#2 is the bargain basement approach to free agents. We should have brought in a Brandon Lloyd type from the get go. Of course the injury to Amendola wasn't expected or planned on. Still no excuse for the lack of playmakers.

#3 is the injuries that have gutted our defense. I feel like our defense has been okay considering the revolving door in the secondary. Despite all the key injuries Spags and Flajole have done a decent job with what they have had to work with.

I know these are very short explanations but I'm just keeping it short and sweet waiting for a debate.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    To me, the single biggest problem has been the poor play of the offensive line.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I agree and this is the biggest shock as I thought we had a decent O line going in.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    You didn't list the choice that is the 900 lb. elephant in the room: The regression of Sam Bradford. As a result I was only able to vote for two of the choices listed.

While all of the choices you put are valid, I think it is obvious at this point that lack of progress of Sam Bradford needs to be included.
    Sorry, but I just don't see a "regression" with Sam. Yes, his passer rating is down from 76.3 to 72.6, but given that his sacks per game has gone up from 2.1/game to 4.9/game (not to mention QB hits), I don't view that as a regression on his part.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Sorry, but I just don't see a "regression" with Sam. Yes, his passer rating is down from 76.3 to 72.6, but given that his sacks per game has gone up from 2.1/game to 4.9/game (not to mention QB hits), I don't view that as a regression on his part.
    Not to mention we had so many drops in the first half of the season. You can see when Sam can step up and fire the ball he is the real deal. If he was throwing a lot of INT's and just making poor throws, but he's not. This new offense is asking him to do a lot more, it's a learning curve for sure.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

i had the o-line and the bargain basement busts.

But Most importantly its the adjustment to McD playbook. Bradford has talent jackson has talent and so does lloyd. The o-line has struggled but when it has played well our receivers cannot get open or catch the ball. I believe bradford can become a pro bowler in the offense he just needs to adjust to the playbook better and we need 1 burner to stretch the field.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Toughest poll Ive done in a long time, which isnt a good thing I would imagine.?
    1. The O-Line has been a shocker, but so has the play of the WR's. Ill go with my first thought, which was the regression in the O-line.?
    2. I thought the Rams had more talent than they have shown, so did the FO.? Which in turn, could be one of the main reason's, the team went bargain basement, in their approach.?
    3. Not obtaining any playmakers for the offense..?

Honorable mention goes to Sam Bradford. Who, is not as refined as first thought.?

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

The O line is the worst part, if we can't protect Bradford or open holes for Sjackson, don't expect too much scoring....

mh-i is offline Registered User

I went with not as much talent as thought. That's mainly Bradford for me. He has to raise his game for the Rams to get better moving forward. Unfortunately he was a #1 overall pick so the expectations were probably too high. The same can be said for our other #1 and #2 picks.

Interesting results so far.

Keep those votes coming!

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

I think that the regression of the O-line may be partially a result of the new offense.

Quote Originally Posted by fearsome foursome View Post
    I think that the regression of the O-line may be partially a result of the new offense.
    There's no question that some of these factors are related to others. I've tried to break it down into individual components but, as you've suggested, nothing exists in a vacuum.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmaidenram View Post
    The O line is the worst part, if we can't protect Bradford or open holes for Sjackson, don't expect too much scoring....
    Because Jackson's career high 5.1 YPC is the offensive line not opening holes.....right.
    laram0 and FestusRam like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast