Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

What is in a name?

Why did you all choose your screen name?? There has to be some method to the madness. There are some crazy ones out there. What is your story for yours?

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: What is in a name?

RamWraith - A Wraith is a ghost, something that can not be explained. Kind of fits me at times. In real life I am pretty quite until I get to know someone, much like a ghost ;-) I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve and don't always handle myself with grace. I speak before I think and can get me in trouble at times.

Besides J-Ram sounded to wimpy...I am not a small guy.

Baldybouncer is offline Registered User

Baldybouncer - My nickname was Baldy in school (because I shaved my hair really short) I'm not really bald.

And that became Baldybouncer after watching Phoenix Nights...

rampower is offline Registered User

Rampower simply came from the german rap out fit snap. Their song 'the power' was perverted by my good self in my teens to include rams players and rampower rather than the power. When dez started up the rams booster club I used to write under the banner rampower and still do.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Back in the early seventies, it seemed like I was the only Ram fan on Maui .. It still feels that way when I go into a sports bar to view a Rams game, so MauiRam just seemed a natural ..

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The first time I joined a Rams message board, I chose the name SpiralHorn. I just liked the sound of it and, of course, it later was incorporated into the Book of SpiralHorns.

Then, I started getting into a lot of battles with Saints fans (at the time, they were still a division rival). After the Saints had won a few games against the Rams, I started defiantly posting on the SaintsReport board as AvengerRam. The name stuck, and from then on I used it as my main moniker.

Sometimes, you might see a person calling himself "Armen Dacity" posting a question in a Chat on the PD or elsewhere. That, of course, is my alias (its comprised of "AR" - AvengerRam, and the word "mendacity").

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

My screen name is a reference to Greek mythology. Jason and the Argonauts were sent to retrieve the golden hide of a sacred Ram. So wearing the golden ram's fleece upon his return identified Jason as a hero worthy to rule as king. Similarly, the gold Rams "fleece" our heroes wear identifies them as the rightful rulers of the West. Maybe the analogy isn't perfect, but that's my story.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

When I was about ye high, I joined a message board relating to video games. This was way before I knew of proper football's existence (the Australian game, Rugby League, isn't as strategic). So anyway, I was about 8 at the time, and as my dad helped me join, I chose his initials, FBQ, as my username.

Upon discovering the Rams oh so many years later, (It's been about 5 years now- I'm nearly Eighteen) I chose a username for the St.Louis Rams.com message board that was as close as I could find to fbq. Bar-bq. Notably, this satiated my lasting love for bad puns. So when that board closed down, and I discovered that, in fact, there was already a BETTER alternative in place, I signed up as Bar-bq on the Clan. Here, I go by that, BBQ, or my first name, Max.

union jack rammer is offline Registered User

I was born in England. Union Jack is the name of the British flag.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

When I was younger (around '98-'99), I used to go into the Yahoo chat rooms - usually the NFL rooms, desperate for some football talk as none of my friends or family were into football as much. I had to choose a unique username when I registered because these rooms were wildly popular at the time - many names were already taken and I didn't want to have to add 2958237592 to the end of it. RaMs_FaNaTiC was one of my early usernames, but I wanted something more general for the other chat rooms.

One of my favorite bands, Static-X, was asked in an interview what they thought their style of music sounded like, and someone answered "evil disco." I thought this was sort of funny and unique enough, so I added "man" onto the end of it, tried it out with some other usernames, and it stuck. It also comes in handy being a weird screen name, because it's usually available on any site that requires registration.
    Last edited by evil disco man; -06-08-2008 at 04:27 AM.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Mine is probably the most boring, lol.

Keenum is just my last name

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Moose is my nickname. Has been forever now.

Mooselini is because I got bored during history class and we were learning about Mussolini. No, I do not believe he was an amazing leader or someone to worship. i just thought it was a clever name.

My other name wouldve been Moosemeister.

MASSIVE is offline Registered User

Its a nickname given to me by my coworkers due to my size(6ft4in and 252lbs).

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by MASSIVE View Post
    Its a nickname given to me by my coworkers due to my size(6ft4in and 252lbs).
    *cough*BrianUrlacher*cough*

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Some of you will know what I'm talking about, the rest of you will be confused.

Brokenwing was the name of one of my first Warhammer 40k characters (who happened to be a Force Commander in the White Scars) who was called "brokenwing" because he had a great deal of bionic implants thanks to old war wounds and rode around on a jet bike.

Since then I've used it on every forum I've ever been on. The name is now also applied to an Inquisitor Lord I run.

Yeah, nothing to do with football, sorry.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast