Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cfh128 is offline Registered User

Re: What is in a name?

CFH= Cowboys from Hell, name of a song/album by Pantera (favorite band). Also a nickname for the band

1/28= Birthday

Not very exciting, but hey, you asked!

Josh Guest

mine is my first name. simple and to the point.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Mine is for Jack Youngblood, #85. I chose blood85, because it was either in a game or picture, that I first saw JY with blood smeared on his pants, so there you go.(Probably from smashing a ***** players head in).

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Well my first choice for a name was RamHog since I live in Arkansas and, of course, am a U of A Razorback (Hog) fan. But I found out much to my chagrin that it was already taken (curse you Barry Waller!! lol!!). So my next choice was based on the fact that I was going to be making (hopefully) cogent and insightful remarks on a board dedicated to all things Ram. Hence the moniker RAMarkable.

WHAT SAY YE?

LEEDSRAM is offline Registered User

Its the name of the club that I have supported as a boy. Leeds Rhinos. They play the toughest team contact sport in the world, Rugby League. This is where American Football developed from. Leeds play in Blue and amber like the Rams so I have been following the Rams for the past 20 years. The Rhinos are the present world champions. Some players will make up to 25 tackles per game. The teams do both the attacking and defending, with 12 interchanges from 4 substitutes. Dont think its tough? Have a look on you tube and type in Rugby League. The peoples game. As Rams fans why no follow the Rhinos season on the supporters web site:
    SouthStander.com

rampower is offline Registered User

How bizzare. Being a rams fan lead me to become a leeds united fan ( home kit white blue and yellow, away kit blue/yellow the exact oposite of the 80's/90's rams) and in turn follow the rhinos. Although with no where near the passion I follow the rams.

Football (american) origins unfortunately are not quite so simple as rugby ( or rugby football).

You are entirely correct that it came from rugby type sport, but at this time in history there were many differrent versions of football in the uk at the time, all named football. (rugby and football/soccer were both called football at this point in time, the reason it is called football in the usa and not rugby)

Until rules and regulations and governing bodies were set up there were many different football games going on. (none with a forward pass though!). From these origins we got rugby league, union football/soccer, gaelic football, aussie rules and football(american).

Bizarrely origins of all these types of sport are in the evolution of football(soccer).

Confused yet? I have managed to confuse myself!
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

SER is the initials of my high school (Southeast Raleigh) I was a kicker and my number was 32

txramsfan is offline Registered User

mine is at Paris Hilton level....even she could figure out with I named myself tx. Actually, I'm from Poplar Bluff, MO and lived in STL when the Rams moved. I got lucky to get a gig in Austin in March of 2000 and I just stayed.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Yet another clever name with tons of history.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

some interesting posts... very cool.

So in college, I wanted to have a name or reference for my newly acquired electric guitar that I had built for me. I wanted something unique and thought something Hawai'ian would be cool to honor my heritage. Guitar's are often referred to as an 'axe' or 'battle axe', so i wanted to find out how to say 'battle axe' in Hawai'ian. Unfortunately, Hawai'ians don't have a word for axe.

Koa is the strongest type of wood found on Hawai'i. it means 'strong' and is commonly used in war references because everything a hawai'ian warrior would use (outrigger canoe, paddle, club, spear) were made of koa.

Koi is a type of chisel, or tool used to chip or grind things.

So... KoaKoi started out as the name of my guitar and thru time, it became my nickname. Taking a real literal translation of 'Strong Chisel' is a far cry from battle axe, but it's the closest I could get and thru time it's grown on me. Besides, since I made it up, no one else uses it and its always been available. Even my wife has begun using it and goes by Koakoi's Girl on a few sites.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Mine is a simple homage to my alma mater, Harding University. Go Bison!

On a semi-related note, the NFL has only one true HUbison.......New York Giants LB, Tank Daniels.

Although, the Rams have a pseudo HUbison (Howard Univ.) in Ron Bartell.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ram3057 is offline Registered User

My 'name' is rather simple as well. My initials - RAM - my birthdate - 30 - and my birth year '57.

OFF TOPIC
    Back in the early seventies, it seemed like I was the only Ram fan on Maui ..
    MauiRam - my wife and I have a timeshare in Kapalua, so you are not alone. We will be there the first week of December. Hopefully, we will be winning at that time of year!
    Last edited by ram3057; -06-10-2008 at 07:32 PM.
    Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

RealRam is offline Registered User

"REALRAM" ... I believe I'm in the Keenum / Chris58 / Majorram / TXramsfan group!

What the 'RealRam' name is NOT: boasting that I'm a "REAL" fan over others.

What the 'RealRam' name attempts to be: a blue & white blooded Rams fan that came to be in the mid 60s. As a teen I was so impressed by this formidable NFL team; I thought they were so awesome! ...And they were. They were so strong.

My fanhood was so ... REAL.

uDDerBLiTz is offline Registered User

I picked my name to make UtterBlitz think happy milking thoughts.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

You are a very cute little cow uDDer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast