View Poll Results: I will go totally ballistic if:

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steve Spagnuolo is retained.

8 15.38%
  • Billy Devaney is retained.

3 5.77%
  • The Rams don't take a WR in the first two rounds of the draft.

14 26.92%
  • The Rams don't retain Brandon Lloyd.

3 5.77%
  • The Rams don't replace at least two starting OL.

17 32.69%
  • The Rams don't sign at least one premium FA.

4 7.69%
  • The Rams don't fire the entire FO (other than Demoff) and coaching staff.

3 5.77%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: What offseason move (or non-move) would make you go the most ballistic?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

What offseason move (or non-move) would make you go the most ballistic?

We are all anticipating change... but what if it does not happen they way you hope?

Which of the following moves (or non-moves) would make you go nuclear!

bradwill is offline Registered User

Re: What offseason move (or non-move) would make you go the most ballistic?

I went the Devaney route in the poll. What would make me really go ballistic is if the rams drafted Luck(won't be available anyway) or RG3(very well could be there). Then, I would want whoever responsible fired. If it happened to be Devaney, that would mean obviously he was retained in order to make that stupid pick and........yeah,that would cause a total meltdown for me.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I went The Rams don't replace at least two starting OL.

No matter who the GM or Coach is next year we need to address this O line.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Personnaly, I won't "go ballastic" no matter what happens. It's only football after all. ...not worth it. I have no vested interest other than being a long-time fan. If I were a shareholder or had some vested interest in the team, like any business, I'd go ballastic if a lot of heads didn't roll. Coaches, GM, players.... ALL should be held accountable for this disaster.

But as a fan that's had just about all they can take from this organization. Nothing they do anymore surprises me. Disappointed, yes. Surprised or mad? Not anymore.
    RockinRam likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

If dumb-dumb is brought back for another year to be the Rams head coach, I will honestly give up on this team. I won't ever switch to another team, but if Kroenke isn't interested in the Rams winning football games, then I won't be interested in the Rams. Every week that buffoon still has his job, I care less and less.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

There are too many excuses as to why this season went down the drain. With a solid draft and some secondary and line help we will be fine. A healthy Amendola and other injured we will be a .500 team. I just don't see Spags going yet, I think he will get one more year and quite frankly he will get this club winning. In addition this complicated offense needs more time to come to fruition.

I will be patient with Spags, but we really do need a stud WR.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Losing isn't anything to be patient for, LA
    Last edited by Fettmaster; -12-14-2011 at 05:00 PM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

As unhappy as I am with the FO and coaching staff bringing them back wouldn't set me off. Addressing the so-called weak Oline isn't real high on my priority list either. I want to see us keep Lloyd and bring in and/or draft another playmaker. So to make a long story short KEEP Lloyd!!!! Or else!

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Theres alot of options there that would make me go ballistic ... some maybe even nuclear.
    THOLTFAN81 and Fettmaster like this.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Simple. If we don't sign two new OL we're risking leaving Bradford out there getting laid out for another season.

The OL is such a question mark and it's really the part of our whole organization that makes me the most nervous

We have:

LT Saffold-Great last year. One of the worst LT in the league this year. Then, he gets placed on IR. Lets hope he can prove his rookie year wasn't a fluke, but who knows if that will happen.

LG Bell-Average run blocker, below average pass blocker. I think we can get it done with him though.

C Brown/Wragge-Brown has been a bust since coming here. It's a shame since he showed so much in Baltimore then comes here and falls flat. He's gone at seasons end. Wragge has done OK but is not the C of the future.

RG Dahl-He's doing what we thought he would do. Keeper.

RT Smith-Underperformed and is an injury waiting to happen. These concussions are adding up.

So after looking at our current line. It looks like were in need of a T and C atleast. We can do with Bell, and who knows, maby Smith can take his job. Either way, we obvioussly need a center and neither tackle has proven themself to be a future bookend this season.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Replace two starting linemen. It all starts there, right? If we can't block, nothing else will matter.

... and I'm totally over Smith. See ya ...
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Listening to an interview with Coach K had me thinking. He said his third year at Duke was terrible, and he thought for sure he was going to get fired. The AD saw the big picture and gave him a second chance. The rest was history. Don't be so quick to cast off a young brilliant defensive mind who gets a 2 win team to play hard. A 2 win team that has more injuries than I can recall any one team ever having, certainly the most the St. Louis Rams have ever had.

Spagnulol has always coached to not lose, and he doesn't coach to win. He's the kind of guy who thinks its a good idea to punt in the 4th quarter when you're down by multiple touchdowns. He's the kind of guy who would rather kick a 30 yard field goal rather than going for it down by 14.

Spagnulol isn't going to take us anywhere with his "play-it-scared-and-safe" philosophy. He's always out coached and outfoxed by opposing Head Coaches. I'm not sure what this guy says to the team at halftime, but it never works. For years the Rams have been outplayed in the second half.

He never holds anyone accountable, not even himself. Whether its a 10 point loss, a 30 point loss, or a 40+ point loss, its always "I'm proud of my guys fighting hard blah blah got to keep working blah blah blah thank you fans for booing us".

My god some of you are delusional. These players aren't playing hard because they just love their head coach so much. They continue to play hard because they are professionals athletes. They gotta know Spagnulol is most likely gone after this year. Keep playing hard and you might still have a job next year in the Lou, or elsewhere. Quit, and you look like someone who doesn't appreciate getting to play NFL football to the rest of the league.

10 wins 35 losses. The worst Rams head coach ever. Head coach of the Rams majority of the time during the absolute worst W-L record span in NFL history. Again, injuries have nothing to do with absolute horrible in-game management.

For everyone who truly believes that Spagnulol is going to just wake-up one morning and magically be a good head coach, I have something for ya:

Last edited by Fettmaster; -12-14-2011 at 08:55 PM.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Spagnulol has always coached to not lose, and he doesn't coach to win. He's the kind of guy who thinks its a good idea to punt in the 4th quarter when you're down by multiple touchdowns. He's the kind of guy who would rather kick a 30 yard field goal rather than going for it down by 14. Spagnulol isn't going to take us anywhere with his "play-it-scared-and-safe" philosophy. He's always out coached and outfoxed by opposing Head Coaches. I'm not sure what this guy says to the team at halftime, but it never works. For years the Rams have been outplayed in the second half. He never holds anyone accountable, not even himself. Whether its a 10 point loss, a 30 point loss, or a 40+ point loss, its always "I'm proud of my guys fighting hard blah blah got to keep working blah blah blah thank you fans for booing us". My god some of you are delusional. These players aren't playing hard because they just love their head coach so much. They continue to play hard because they are professionals athletes. They gotta know Spagnulol is most likely gone after this year. Keep playing hard and you might still have a job next year in the Lou, or elsewhere. Quit, and you look like someone who doesn't appreciate getting to play NFL football to the rest of the league.10 wins 35 losses. The worst Rams head coach ever. Head coach of the Rams majority of the time during the absolute worst W-L record span in NFL history. Again, injuries have nothing to do with absolute horrible in-game management.For everyone who truly believes that Spagnulol is going to just wake-up one morning and magically be a good head coach, I have something for ya:
    Ill take a mixture of grape and berry please. Its fire, trust me.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Spagnulol has always coached to not lose, and he doesn't coach to win. He's the kind of guy who thinks its a good idea to punt in the 4th quarter when you're down by multiple touchdowns. He's the kind of guy who would rather kick a 30 yard field goal rather than going for it down by 14.

Spagnulol isn't going to take us anywhere with his "play-it-scared-and-safe" philosophy. He's always out coached and outfoxed by opposing Head Coaches. I'm not sure what this guy says to the team at halftime, but it never works. For years the Rams have been outplayed in the second half.

He never holds anyone accountable, not even himself. Whether its a 10 point loss, a 30 point loss, or a 40+ point loss, its always "I'm proud of my guys fighting hard blah blah got to keep working blah blah blah thank you fans for booing us".

My god some of you are delusional. These players aren't playing hard because they just love their head coach so much. They continue to play hard because they are professionals athletes. They gotta know Spagnulol is most likely gone after this year. Keep playing hard and you might still have a job next year in the Lou, or elsewhere. Quit, and you look like someone who doesn't appreciate getting to play NFL football to the rest of the league.

10 wins 35 losses. The worst Rams head coach ever. Head coach of the Rams majority of the time during the absolute worst W-L record span in NFL history. Again, injuries have nothing to do with absolute horrible in-game management.

For everyone who truly believes that Spagnulol is going to just wake-up one morning and magically be a good head coach, I have something for ya:

You summed it up pretty well. As bad as the record is and as crazy as it may sound I MIGHT STILL be inclined to give Spags one more year IF he had shown me some signs he is every bit the head coach as he was a defensive coordinator. He hasn't. To the contrary, he shows some very pronounced weaknesses with in-game decision-making, is overly conservative and too often has the deer-in-the-headlights look about him- and this hasn't changed in 3 years. We've been outplayed in the 2nd half since he's been here. The propensity for injuries on this team is an indictment of both the team's training program and the lack of toughness this organization exhibits.

Spagnuolo sticking around and not addressing the sieve that is our offensive line would fire me up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast