viper is offline Registered User

What are our options at Free Safety

Does anybody have any idea what our next move at free safety will be? The thought of Adam "Brick Hands" Archuleta back there scares the weebie geebies out of me. If nothing else I'd try to keep Edwards. :disappoin

Re: What are our options at Free Safety

People, please don't consider this a thread to bash Archuleta. I have been a huge Archuleta fan since day one. My point is, what do you see happening at free safety this year. I think that is a vulnerable spot for us right now that needs to be addressed. Even if you don't have an answer, do you feel this is a potential weakeness for us right now?

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Adam will be back better than ever.His back will heal,and the bricks will fall off as long as Marmie can figure out how to use him right.
    Last edited by psycho9985; -02-02-2006 at 10:18 PM.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

lets let the dust settle.After all the trading and drafting is finished I think will see how it all comes together,but losing Aeneas hurts.how we fill that void is gonna be real tricky.

Thank you pychodude! But, what are our options? Right now we look pretty thin at that position. Lucas and Jue are gone. Do we have many more options in free agency? I don't know much about the safeties that are still available in FA. Does anyone have a read on that situation or the draft?

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Options I'd like to see:

1. Darren Sharper - Green Bay will be cutting him after June 1st.

2. Lance Schulters - Tennessee will be cutting him after June 1st.

3. Josh Bullocks - one of the few good FS's in the draft. Should be available when we pick in the 2nd round.

4. Ray Buchanon - He could split time with Arch with Arch being on the field for running situations, and Ray on the field for passing situations.

5. Damien Robinson - If we're sold on Archuleta's pass defending skills this guy could be brought in as backup.

X. Justin Lucas - This wouldn't surprise me at all. I really don't hope we go this route.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

ZZR did a great job of summing up the position. And as you can see there aren't any world-beaters out there. In the draft, there are (IMHO) are only two pure coverage safeties --- Brodney Pool (Oklahoma) and Josh Bullocks (Nebraska). Pool will go about the time we're deciding between Brown & Barnes. But Bullocks should be there in the 2nd round. If we want to dip down a little further in the draft there is LSU corner Travis Daniels. Not as much press on the guy since he played opposite Corey Webster, but he's pretty good in coverage and projects to be a FS/CB tweener in the pros. Could be a good 4th rounder, but some may reach for him in the 3rd.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

I think that we should take a look at Arturo Freeman. Also, does anyone know about Zack Bronson, I know he was on the IR last year, but is he healthy now or what?

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

does anyone know about Zack Bronson, I know he was on the IR last year, but is he healthy now or what?
    That's a very good question. I don't know if he's still under contract or what.
    I would like to se them persue Schulters, move Arch back to SS and move Pisa back to LB.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

fearlessone is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    ZZR did a great job of summing up the position. And as you can see there aren't any world-beaters out there. In the draft, there are (IMHO) are only two pure coverage safeties --- Brodney Pool (Oklahoma) and Josh Bullocks (Nebraska). Pool will go about the time we're deciding between Brown & Barnes. But Bullocks should be there in the 2nd round. If we want to dip down a little further in the draft there is LSU corner Travis Daniels. Not as much press on the guy since he played opposite Corey Webster, but he's pretty good in coverage and projects to be a FS/CB tweener in the pros. Could be a good 4th rounder, but some may reach for him in the 3rd.
    Should I remind anyone how many former LSU players played for the PAts this year? 6

Travis Daniels would be a good addition to our secondary especially if he is available in round 4. LSU has produced some decent pros lately and now their coach is in Miami with a lot the assistants taking the next big step too!

On a side note Ben Wilkerson and Adam Peterson? would definetely give our OL some quality depth!
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I've seen a few mocks in which Antrel Rolle drops beyond the Rams' pick. If that happens, I'd take him in a heartbeat and put him at FS (he's nearly 6'1 and 200 lbs, and a very good tackler).