View Poll Results: 2012 Play of the Year

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sam Bradford hits Matthew Mulligan for go-ahead TD against Redskins (Week 2)

0 0%
  • Greg Zuerlein connects on 60 yard FG against Seattle (Week 4)

2 5.88%
  • Johnny Hecker throws TD pass to Danny Amendola on fake FG against Seattle (Week 4

0 0%
  • Sam Bradford hits Chris Givens on 51 yard TD pass against Arizona (Week 5)

1 2.94%
  • Chris Long sacks Colin Kaepernick in OT to preserve tie against SF (Week 10)

0 0%
  • Janoris Jenkins returns second interception of the day for TD against Arizona (Week 12)

0 0%
  • Janoris Jenkins returns fumble for TD against SF (Week 13)

13 38.24%
  • Greg Zuerlien hits 54 yard FG in OT to beat SF (Week 13)

8 23.53%
  • Sam Bradford hits Brandon Gibson for game winning TD in final minute against Buffalo (Week 14)

1 2.94%
  • Sam Bradford hits Lance Kendricks for 80 yard TD against Tampa (Week 16)

0 0%
  • Some other play (which one?)

9 26.47%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: What Was the Play of the Year

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

What Was the Play of the Year

I've posted 10 nominees on the poll.

Which was the most memorable?

macrammer is offline Registered User

Re: What Was the Play of the Year

For me all of the listed plays are great memories....BUT for me, the one play that solidified the Fisher regime and my admiration for SJ 39, was the Jackson run against the Whiners where his helmet came off. He manhandled a strong MLB in Willis and sent a message to his teammates that he is willing to put it on the line. I will remember that play forever

emuen is offline Registered User

I voted for "some other play". Don't remember all of them, but of the ones stated I found this one better:

Johnny Hekker has already converted one 4th down against the ****** when he lines up once again to punt. This time the defense is a bit more prepared, but Hekker starts running the ball and this frees up the gunner. He then loops it over the defense to get his second completion of the day and convert another 4th down.
    It's a daring play to call from the coaching staff. Having already burned the defense once, and the Rams would leave great field position. And it was a play that Hekker had to put in some effort by running to draw the defender and then make the loop pass. Not the kind of throw you normally see in these situations, but he could do it with his past as QB.

Brilliant! And it keeps the Rams in a game they should later have won, if not for a delay of game penalty (for which I think Hekker toke the blame)
    Curly Horns likes this.

Ram187 is offline Registered User

To me it was Cortlands accidental bump on Redskins receiver and him getting a personal foul! Classic!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

For me, it was Sam Bradford to Chris Givens for a 50 yard TD against the New England Patriots.

The rest of the game was absolutely terrible. But it was the first Rams TD i saw scored in person. And i was absolutely over the moon for the first 5 minutes of that game where the Rams led 7-0
    Curly Horns likes this.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    For me all of the listed plays are great memories....BUT for me, the one play that solidified the Fisher regime and my admiration for SJ 39, was the Jackson run against the Whiners where his helmet came off. He manhandled a strong MLB in Willis and sent a message to his teammates that he is willing to put it on the line. I will remember that play forever
    i went with zuerlein hitting the winning field goal against the niners in OT, but that play was freaking awesome, totally defined what kind of football jackson plays
    Curly Horns and Ram187 like this.

Rambos is online now Registered User

That's the one!!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Any death knell in a whiners coffin gets my vote.....Zuerlein's 54 yarder to beat san fran.
    Curly Horns likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I went with the 60yd FG against Seattle. Why? I'm glad you asked. I was at that game with a group known as the Clan!
    Curly Horns likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I went with Zeurlein's game winning 54 yard FG vs. SF. Otherwise, I'd have chosen a play that unfortunately didn't count. The 80 yard completion to Danny Amendola in the first SF game that was negated by a late penalty call.
    Curly Horns likes this.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    For me, it was Sam Bradford to Chris Givens for a 50 yard TD against the New England Patriots.

The rest of the game was absolutely terrible. But it was the first Rams TD i saw scored in person. And i was absolutely over the moon for the first 5 minutes of that game where the Rams led 7-0
    Same for me For the first minutes of that game everything was perfect. To bad it did not last that long

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

WoW Macrammer reading your post is exactly like how I would of wrote it and feel! lol
    That play right there totally solidifies our season and a re-birth of our team under Fisher.
    live4ramin and macrammer like this.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Bradford's last pass of the season in Seattle (INT). Kinda captured some of the low-lights of the season. Hope this doesn't upset too many people.
    Curly Horns likes this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I think my "moment" of the year though would be Jeff Fisher benching both Givens and Jenkins for the first Niners game.

The reason i say that, is it kicked both players into another gear. Givens had a few plays that were pretty good, notably long TDs against Arizona and New England, but never had more than 3 receptions in a game. Then after the benching, he comes out and has games of 4, 5, and 11 receptions, showing himself to be more than the one trick pony speedster he was at the start of the year.

Jenkins, after the benching, was a different animal than the promising but raw rookie that we saw early in the year. No more plays like the TD he gave up in Miami. In fact, i don't think Jenkins gave up a TD after the benching. He also showed better tackling, including good moments going up against Adrian Peterson. And he stopped two long running TDs that i can think of by playing smart from his backside position, one being the second long run Peterson had, the other being Kaepernick's long run in the fourth quarter of the second Niners game.
    But of course, Jenkins' biggest plays were the three interceptions for TDs and the fumble recovery TD, and it's no surprise that the Rams won all three of the games in which Jenkins scored.

For both these young guys, they just played better, smarter football after their benchings. And it sent out a strong message, because i doubt they want to be running the stairs at Candlestick park again
    Ram187 likes this.

gap
    gap is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by emuen View Post
    I voted for "some other play". Don't remember all of them, but of the ones stated I found this one better:

Johnny Hekker has already converted one 4th down against the ****** when he lines up once again to punt. This time the defense is a bit more prepared, but Hekker starts running the ball and this frees up the gunner. He then loops it over the defense to get his second completion of the day and convert another 4th down.
    It's a daring play to call from the coaching staff. Having already burned the defense once, and the Rams would leave great field position. And it was a play that Hekker had to put in some effort by running to draw the defender and then make the loop pass. Not the kind of throw you normally see in these situations, but he could do it with his past as QB.

Brilliant! And it keeps the Rams in a game they should later have won, if not for a delay of game penalty (for which I think Hekker toke the blame)
    Before reading the above quote, I was going to say the Fake punt at the 10 against the digits, and that is very valid considering where the pass was thrown from. Now I am waivering between the two. IMO, either will do.

gap
    Curly Horns likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast