Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mooselini is offline Registered User

What player are you most looking forward to?

In the next season, which player do you think will be outstanding for our Rams? :l List one player you think will have an outstanding year and will be a noticable force on the field.

I am personally excited to see Marc Bulger this season. With the addition of Jacob Bell, I think that Bulger will be able to stay up this year.

And hopefully with a new receiver from the draft, Al Saunders' system will improve Bulger's stats. With a threat in the redzone (McMichael and Bennett) and our burner receiver (from the draft) along with Torry Holt, I think Bulger is going to have a good year this season.

And his offseason work ethics so far, he's making himself better as we speak.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: What player are you most looking forward to?

Culberson. He showed great promise last year on ST's and the last game of the year he was a mad man. Someone's going to have to step up and play that position for years to come. Draft is in his 30's. Yes, he had a good year but I'd rather see someone younger win the job.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Holt. It was the first time in seven years i believe he didnt have at least 1300 yards. Im pretty sure he will get 1300+ this year with hopefully 10+ td's. Also Marc Bulger of course, im hoping for some big numbers from him and S-Jax.

And one more person, im not hoping for big numbers just some good numbers from Chris long.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Atogwe - I want to see if he's REALLY fo real.

Ints by safetys don't impress me as much as those by cornerbacks. Typically, they're bad throws or busted routes, but on the other hand, he DOES have to be in the right place, so we'll see.

He's for sure going to be PAID like a premier safety.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Bennett.

I lived in Nashville when he was playing there, and I've seen first hand what he is capable of doing. If he's healthy, it will be interesting to see him work.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Keenum is offline Registered User

Defense - Atogwe: I hope he can keep it up, could be a cornerstone for our defense for years to come if he can.

Offense - Steven Jackson: Down year last year, but still looked good towards the end and at various parts of the season. If the O-line stays healthy, I think he just may go wild this year.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Defense- would be Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey if we wind up taking one of them with the #2 pick. If not, I guess Carriker in his second year.

Offense- Drew Bennett- I think he's got a lot to prove coming off that abomination last season and with Al Saunders and not Lineham calling the offense, his play should improve. Hopefully, he can equal or exceed what Bruce did for us last season.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

I was thinking Holt or Bulger until tx's post reminded me of Culberson. I really want to see what this guy can bring to the defense

majorram is offline Registered User

Ryan... this guy is going to have a monster year manning the middle, he made great srides in 07 and I think that we got ourselves a steal in round 5....man I hope he does well just let the guy play!!!

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

Wolf is offline Registered User

Defense: I'd love to see Tye Hill come up and play a full 16 games and just be a stud. I really want Ryan to silence people and become a force. I'm realllly excited about Culberson, too. Those 3 young guys I'd love to see step up.

offense: I really want just Bennett and McMichael to not be duds like last season. I hope to expect great things from SJax. Wouldn't mind seeing a WR we draft or Hagans make an impact in the slot as well.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Atogwe and Culberson are very enticing defensive choices, but I question if they will be the "noticeable force" the post asks for so I'm going to go with L. Little.

Like many of the other players mentioned above, Little was relegated to observer due to a bad toe. I've tried to play soccer despite a simple tear in my fascia on the ball of my foot and it was excrutiating when pivoting and pushing off; no way could i get a good push off my foot during that time. I'm excited to see Little back and i think he's going to come back with chip on his shoulder.

He was obviously excited to have Hall come in to "balance" the pass rush, but that never occurred because of injuries to both he and Hall. Whether it's thru the help of Hall, or a high draft pick, maybe this year will be the year he gets some support and starts reacquinting Hasselback, Smith, and Leinart to the ground.

So that's my defensive pick for prospective outstanding performance by a Ram. On offense, I'm going with the entire OL, Bulger, Jackson, Bennett, Holt, and 3 of the 4 TE's (I'm excluding Byrd- I don't think we're going to get much out of him even if he's not traded or waived). I'm truly excited to see each one of these players be noticeable forces on the field so i'm picking them all.

My sleeper offensive pick is Antonio Pittman. He has the potential to have a Michael Turner type of impact when Jackson needs the rest. It'll be a shame if the running game can not keep opposing defenses honest whenever Jackson trotts off for a break. It's a reach (hence the sleeper tag), but I like the film on him. He looks to have the potential and i'm interested to see his development in year 2.

RooRam is offline Registered User

Bennett
    Culberson
    Both capable of being big parts of a good Rams season.

stlramman is offline Registered User

Steven "Action" Jackson! With a healthy O-Line I look for SJ to pick up where he left off in the 2006 season and have a Monster season!!

Milan is offline Registered User

Steven Jackson and OJ Atogwe.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Defense-Clifton Ryan, this guy showed flashes that he can really get penetration which is what we need up the middle. I hate this ut crap play the best two guys in the middle. I dont see why Ryan and Carriker cant both man the middle if their our two best guys, makes sense to me.

Offense-Randy Mcmichael, I will love to see this guy work in an offense that has featured tight ends like Gonzales and Cooley, I know Cooley was more of and h-back but you get my point. He will love an offense that actually throws to the te's.
    Just Fix It

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast