Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    bigredman is offline Registered User

What is Ram Talk?

What is Ram Talk? Should it be held to any kind of standard? I read with interest some of the banter that goes on in the threads. As many of you have probably already deduced, I donít take a lot of things very seriously and thereís practically nothing I wonít make a joke out of. Part of that comes from my service in Viet Nam during the evacuation, surviving cancer, and actually being part of a NFL team (a non-entitled and non-rich member). You see, being alive is really all that matters, and professional athletes are just people with a talent in playing a game. Someone once called me an instigator on here and he was right. I post things for the most part to get a reaction and to amuse myself and others. All of this statistical analysis on here sometimes makes me shake my head (if stats were all that mattered there would be no cinderella teams), especially when one clannie will tell another to be serious and come to the table with credible argument, facts, or opinion. What? Do you know what the term fan is derived from? The word fanaticism, thatís where. What is logical, important, and oh so serious about fanaticism? We are Ram fans because of either current or prior community affiliation, like the uniform, liked certain players, inherited from family, or were influenced by friends. Telling someone on here that their opinion is stupid, nonsense, unintelligent, or crap is as worthless as that personís sense of self importance and the otherís sense of outrage. The ones that really crack me up are when someone avers sportscasters and writers are full of crap, but the word coming from athletes, coaches, and team officials is gospel. And your opinion fits where in this picture, because last time I checked you were neither of those, so who are you to preach to the rest of us about ďbeing seriousĒ? Besides, who wants to be ďseriousĒ about talking about the Rams or football in general? Thereís enough really serious stuff going on in the world right now. ClanRam is an escape for us to enter the quasi-world of Ram fandom, pretend we are part of something, and voice our opinion into the vast void in our lives that so often makes us seem so insignificant and draws us here in the first place. So letís lighten up in here and be a bit more tolerant and a lot less sensitive. Peace, out!

(Disclaimer: The opinion expressed above is not necessarily that of ClanRam, its sponsors, or affiliates,
    but are of a drunk Irishman, who looks mighty sexy in a kilt, but we never take seriously.)
    Last edited by bigredman; -12-20-2008 at 02:44 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Re: What is Ram Talk?

Hey, great message!

Good luck with it sinking in around here, though.

Oh wait, I don't believe in luck.

Hmmmm......What are the odds that this message makes any impact here at ClanRam?

I'd say slim and none.

peace to you too!

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Your post made sense to me BigRedMan. The disclaimer made me laugh a bit

I like it.

One thing to remember though. Not everyone has the SAME sense of humour. So quite often, one posters sense of humour, grates on another's.

Just something to keep in mind

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    What is logical, important, and oh so serious about fanaticism?

Are you kidding me?!!? How can you possibly be a true fanatic without being serious? I mean if this is an actual "fan site" to be a real qualified member one must be serious period. Can't be fanatical while laughing can one? One can be fanatical while "drunk" though .. Right?

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

good post Big dude!
    we all love football with a passion...cant wait to see the Ravens D attack Romo & Co tonight btw..anyway like i was saying we all love football with a passion but like Big Red pointed out and there are many more examples of the fact..there are far more important things in life!!!
    so lets not all get hysterical over how bad the team is, be cool with each others ,respectful of others opinions etc... and if we all hold firm we will get through these bleak times as Rams fans and cut some dandy shapes on the dancefloor after our boys win SB4..?.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Nice rant Randy, but at one time or another, everybody, including you and me have probably taken something here too seriously while discussing the Rams. Some might be more passionate than others, but we've ALL been there. Anyone who says any different is not being candid. Peace out!

By the way, you were in 'Nam? You must have just graduated from the drummer boy acadamy huh?

rampower is offline Registered User

[B][FONT=Arial][COLOR=red]
    (Disclaimer: The opinion expressed above is not necessarily that of ClanRam, its sponsors, or affiliates,
    but are of a drunk Irishman, who looks mighty sexy in a kilt, but we never take seriously.)
    well at least you got one thing right, your a drunk Irishman!

Only kidding big lad!

I often do wonder why I let football control a large portion of my happy parts of life. More so during these seasons.

Outside of football, the one thing that being a ram fan has done for meis introduce me to a lot of new friends, the bash is my highlight of the year.

win lose draw.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

maineram is offline Registered User

Getting away from life through sports is awesome. My sport is Rams and talking Rams with others, period. NO ONE, around where I am talks rams. Coming here and hearing Ram fans sound off is music to my ears !!!!

Maine -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

All of this statistical analysis on here sometimes makes me shake my head (if stats were all that mattered there would be no cinderella teams), especially when one clannie will tell another to be serious and come to the table with credible argument, facts, or opinion.
    I'm sorry bigred, but I can't take you seriously unless you have some evidence to back that up. In fact, according to Stats Inc., only 17% of Clannies use statistical analysis in their posts, and only 3% have credible arguments or opinions.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Are you kidding me?!!? How can you possibly be a true fanatic without being serious? I mean if this is an actual "fan site" to be a real qualified member one must be serious period. Can't be fanatical while laughing can one? One can be fanatical while "drunk" though .. Right?

I think my internet-sarcasm-alarm just exploded.

Really though, I can't tell if you're serious or not. The internet is hard!

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    The internet is hard!
    Hope Cali doesn't read that....

I agree with your post there, BRM!

We glean the internet for articles (whether they be fact or fiction doesn't really matter) so we can post stuff to amuse, consternate, or both. Occasionally we might even contribute in a meaningful way! Or not.

Football is just a game, but it sure is a lot more fun when we are winning!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by evil disco man View Post
    I'm sorry bigred, but I can't take you seriously unless you have some evidence to back that up. In fact, according to Stats Inc., only 17% of Clannies use statistical analysis in their posts, and only 3% have credible arguments or opinions.

Hahaha, awesome ...

And I think 99.2% of us are clinically insane, or close to it, from being fans on this team!

Man, I love being insane!

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I agree with everything you said BRM and I would also add to what Dez said. We come from a lot of different places with a lot of different experiences, we also have the young and energized as well as the more tired and experienced (that's us btw). The English (or American for Dez' sake) language is a tricky thing and one statement can take several explanations. Some may not want to wait that long, and or they do not have the capacity to not take things personal. And that's cool to me. All of that stuff makes this site a lot of fun to me. I can count on my hand the knuckleheads on this site who have ever torqued me off, and none them are around anymore. Plus I think I still have three fingers and a thumb left. Point being this is one of the best "fan" sites I have ever seen for the Rams and that's why I stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    I like it.

One thing to remember though. Not everyone has the SAME sense of humour. So quite often, one posters sense of humour, grates on another's.

Just something to keep in mind
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I can vouch for his Vietnam experience...while he was asleep while I was driving during vacation. He started stroking my leg , said something in broken Vietnamese, the said "Beaucoup dollars for boom boom long time". I slammed on the brakes to end that Vietnam flashback....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast